BillBelew.com
Meetups

meetup question-how to assign 2nd organizer?1981

rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
I sent the question to meetup, but I'll probably get the answer here sooner.

I have a meetup account. I set up a 2nd meetup group, with the intention of someone else being the organizer of the 2nd group, while I continue being the organizer of 1st group.

What are the limitations of inviting the 2nd organizer? The person who received the email says she can't be the organizer because she doesn't have an account. That makes no sense to me - I didn't see/notice that requirement in meetup.

If you know how to get this done . . . can you provide more details that you probably think any meetup group owner should need? There's probably something in front of my face I didn't see.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@rcayeras

Your prospective co-organizer must first become a member of the Meetup you want him/her to co-organize.

After that go to Members, then manage roles and make him/her co-organizer.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
She is a member and is assigned as co-organizer. I thought more than 1 organizer could exist. One account, two separate meetup groups.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
What I see on a meetup help page:

https://www.meetup.com/pricing/

The Basic Organizer Subscription plan enables organizers to have up to 3 other organizers on their Leadership Team and up to 50 members in their Meetup Group. Please note that the Basic plan is not available to organizers who start their subscriptions through our iOS app.

The Unlimited Organizer Subscription plan grants organizers an unlimited Leadership Team, as well as an unlimited number of members.

I'm still waiting for an answer from meetup.com
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@rcayeras

She can only be co-organizer
Post 5 • IP   flag post
27513 5 5
destitute