BillBelew.com
AnalyticsContent Marketing

Growing a physical following by the numbers.2002

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I started working with a local Meetup group.

In 7+ years the group grew from zero to 1,886 members. Not bad, not bad, you say.

In the past year that Meetup grew by 1,228 members to 3,114 total.

How'd that happen?

There's a webinar coming this week and I'll explain how.

To attend the webinar click here.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Have signed up... will be interesting to see if what your doing works way down under here in the West...
Post 2 • IP   flag post
tammysoffices private msg quote post Address this user
Very Interesting indeed, hope it is at a time I can attend @belew! Will there be any replays (the famous question someone always asks of webinars...might as well be me )?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Now when I signed on it said my 'report' was on it's way, but did not mention the webinar or give date Bill...did I miss something @belew? Thanks
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices same here... very confusing...
Post 5 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@belew I signed up and will pass on the info to others that could use the info
Post 6 • IP   flag post
It's my bad re report and announcement.

I put the sign up page up too soon.

We'll get it figured out.

My apologies.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
globalman22 private msg quote post Address this user
@belew, That is a wonderful video invitation at your optin site. Once I submitted my info, your autoresponse delivered my "report" (nice title) and informed me that the webinar trainings are scheduled for every Friday at 12 noon PST for the next month. Thank you.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
The landing page should indicate the dates. The webinars are every Friday at 12 noon Pacific.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Thanks Bill, no problem (I simply thought I misunderstood something here -Lol). Thanks also @glabalmann22 for further explanation. Signing off for the night on my end and will finish sign up tomorrow.

Thanks for the invite @belew!

Have a great night all.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Yes: Bill opened it up a bit too soon :-) A little fast for me Bill :-) No worries.

Resolution:
1. We will super clarify the webinar dates etc. on the landing page for new people.
2. You will get clarifying webinar announcements in the next few days about how to access the webinar etc.

Enjoy your day!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew In today's society 'Business Networking' groups seem too be the new rage. However; in the countless number of groups today most of them insist that it must be a PHYSICAL one on one Meet Up where participants could tie up a whole evening for no guarantee that you'll get a single lead for your own project.

So, what is the most effective way for Business Networking? Is it communicating on the Internet using the social media like we're trying to do OR do you visit all of these one on one meetings that some people go to a meeting every day all year round?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur

That's a good question and worthy of discussion perhaps in another thread.

This webinar will discuss how to get people signed up in the first place.

After that we can discuss what to do next.

No people = nothing to discuss.

Would you agree?
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Belew I agree with the addition that the reverse is also true which is: Nothing to discuss = No People.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
The webinar on this topic is on Friday : be sure to register for the FREE Webinar here: https://sunil.clickfunnels.com/optin9906640
Post 15 • IP   flag post
I asked the group last night ...

What would it be worth to have 1000 real and local people who have opted in to know when you will be giving your next presentation.

The surprising answer ... that nobody in the group of 15-20 ppl knew.

What would a group that size be worth to you?
Post 16 • IP   flag post
globalman22 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @belew & @sunilbhaskaran, I was able to watch the replay of the webinar yesterday and it was an excellent presentation! Thank you.

As to answering the question of what would the 1,000 people be worth to me? With my business... it is priceless!

Following the guidelines you discuss in the current webinar training, you guys lay out a straight forward method for making it happen.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Thank you @globalman22 Yep. Math and Science - if you follow it, you will keep your costs down and your results will flow over time.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
I am sorry I missed it. Is it still available for reply @belew and @SuniBhaskaran ?
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Yes; If you opted in, you should get a replay link. be sure to opt in at https://sunil.clickfunnels.com/optin9906640
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Thank you!
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices let me know if you got the replay link. We also do a VIP session to teach you how to do this: www.YourVIPss.com
Post 22 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran Sunil, How do you market a non-fiction self-help business book to a 50+ demographic tribe that is passionate about going into business for themselves as a viable retirement lifestyle option? Thanks!
Post 23 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur

The quick answer is that you need to start at basics:
1. Get clear on the exact nature of their pains - and is it compelling and easily understood.
2. Also get clear on what the conflicts are that they would need to resolve

e.g. They want to do a business, but they do NOT want to be burnt out nor have to deal with unnecessary and hard business development.

One way to do this is to interview a good sample of your market to get details (what you shared is not enough to create a sufficiently compelling narrative to sell). e.g. do at least 30 interviews with various different portions of your market.

Once you understand the pain points etc., then you can design a sales funnel and design the blogs and content that will attract the right audience to you and convert them appropriately into paying customers.

The Longer more detailed answer: Much too complicated to answer in a posting. Set up a time for us to do a session and happy to engage with you: www.YourVIPss.com.

Much Kindness and Success to you!
Post 24 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran Suni,Thanks very much for your e-mail response. I think that your right about myself having to start at the basics. My current marketing strategy is just not working. Originally I over estimated the size of my market. i.e. the segment of the 50+ demographic that wants to start a small business in Canada.

The first indication for me that something was wrong was when I suspended my Blog writing on December 31, 2014. I wrote 36 articles about seniors issues, lifelong learning & senior entrepreneurship. You can see the last article that I wrote on my word press site. http://seniorpreneur.wordpress.com

Yes, I need to get clear on what the conflicts are and the exact nature of my tribe's pain. The unfortunate thing is that I didn't do these preparatory interviews before I started writing. Thanks again for your help.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur You are welcome. The short term interview process will help you get long term joy.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran you mention that google likes meetup ... as a major benefit... could you please share your source... interested in learning more on this aspect
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Appreciate the question.
We don't have rigorous scientific data to exhaustively prove this. But neither are we talking out of the side of our mouths. :-)

When we look at the google analytics on our meetup pages : we see a significant number of traffic coming from google searches.
For over a year, I asked people on my meetup to indicate how they found us - and about 20 percent at least were finding us on meetup via google searches e.g. Business Networking in the Bay Area e.g. Business coaching trainings San Jose etc. Past Meetup events were showing up on certain searches. In addition, these people who were finding us via google via meetups were people who typically would not have gone to a meetup - they were interested in directly hiring a coach or marketing person.

I have seen the same thing occur for my clients who have meetups. When you do searches for example "Real Estate investment __ location __" their meetups show up over their websites.

We of course, do not have access to google's search flowchart - but there is reason to believe that google would favor meetup - it does not compete with google - like other platforms may for paid advertising etc. This does not negate the benefit of paid advertising or the benefits of other platforms- all things must be considered with a balance of specific circumstances, size of market etc.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran so the source is your own experience... fair enough... i can't obviously use that myself... but nice to hear.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
@Steve @SunilBhaskaran

I have had analytics attached to my MU groups now for more than 2 years.

I can see where the visits are coming from across some 12+ groups.

Next to direct, Google is the best source.

Unlike Sunil, however, I would nevwe advocate paying for search.
Post 30 • IP   flag post
26130 39 30
destitute