BillBelew.com
AnalyticsContent Marketing

Growing a physical following by the numbers.2002

Teacher SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
@Seniorpreneur You are welcome. The short term interview process will help you get long term joy.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@SunilBhaskaran you mention that google likes meetup ... as a major benefit... could you please share your source... interested in learning more on this aspect
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Appreciate the question.
We don't have rigorous scientific data to exhaustively prove this. But neither are we talking out of the side of our mouths. :-)

When we look at the google analytics on our meetup pages : we see a significant number of traffic coming from google searches.
For over a year, I asked people on my meetup to indicate how they found us - and about 20 percent at least were finding us on meetup via google searches e.g. Business Networking in the Bay Area e.g. Business coaching trainings San Jose etc. Past Meetup events were showing up on certain searches. In addition, these people who were finding us via google via meetups were people who typically would not have gone to a meetup - they were interested in directly hiring a coach or marketing person.

I have seen the same thing occur for my clients who have meetups. When you do searches for example "Real Estate investment __ location __" their meetups show up over their websites.

We of course, do not have access to google's search flowchart - but there is reason to believe that google would favor meetup - it does not compete with google - like other platforms may for paid advertising etc. This does not negate the benefit of paid advertising or the benefits of other platforms- all things must be considered with a balance of specific circumstances, size of market etc.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran so the source is your own experience... fair enough... i can't obviously use that myself... but nice to hear.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve @SunilBhaskaran

I have had analytics attached to my MU groups now for more than 2 years.

I can see where the visits are coming from across some 12+ groups.

Next to direct, Google is the best source.

Unlike Sunil, however, I would nevwe advocate paying for search.
Post 30 • IP   flag post

@BillBelew and @Steve

Ditto = what Bill said. I don't actually advocate paying for search but include it as a possibility only. So far, I have not seen paid search pay off for small business people like us with small budgets (less than $500 million) and I am not even sure it is the best solution for people with tons of money. Their money would go a much more LONG LONG way with content marketing combined with meetup and the proprietary forum that we advocate.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
nothing wrong with paid advertising... if you know exactly what you are doing...the trouble is, most people don't and so they spend, spend, spend and don't get the results... but in the hands of a professional, that same budget could work wonders...

It all comes down to knowing what you are doing, if you know you can make it work, if you don't well... you get the idea
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Paying for marketing is like paying for sex.... only losers do it.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
@Belew if people didn't pay for marketing we'd be out of business ...

You posted a thread about a client of yours wanting to pay people to send tweets out ... so he is paying for marketing and you are facilitating it... You've done this with Paid Advertising before, paid posts, etc ... I believe ...

Isn't this paying for marketing

Paid Advertising works... it just isn't a thing amateurs should do, not unless they have money to burn.
Post 34 • IP   flag post
@Steve

I don't mind if they pay me. I am not going to pay them.

Problem with paying for results is that when you stop paying you stop getting results. There is no residual.

Most any kind of marketing will work if your know how and you do it well enough and long enough.
Post 35 • IP   flag post
Member SweetieCheresse private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
Paying for marketing is like paying for sex.... only losers do it.
so what would you do. I struggle here I know who my audience is i am just uaving a hard time with how to get in front of them.
Post 36 • IP   flag post
@SweetieCheresse Be sure to come on Bill and my webinar : Build Your Next 1,000+ audience webinar: https://sunil.clickfunnels.com/optin9906640

I don't promise immediate fantastic ideas - but the sequence of trainings will start putting together a better picture.

Slow and easy wins the race :-)
Post 37 • IP   flag post
@SweetieCheresse

If you want more ppl to come to your site, give them more reasons to come. My bet is that if you don't have enough ppl coming to your site you don't have enough content and/or the content is not engaging enough to keep them.

How many pages / posts do you have at your site?
Post 38 • IP   flag post
This group has grown another 300 members in the past 3 months. 3 new members/day ... not bad, not bad.
Post 39 • IP   flag post
28670 39 14
destitute