BillBelew.com
Career AdviceIntroductionTeaching

Disabled flyfishing neurosurgeon.2025

Member ThomasPurtzer private msg quote post Address this user
I am a 62 year Old retired and disabled physician. I was a neurosurgeon for 20 years and then practiced pain medicine with addiction help for about 10 years. I became disabled from severe peripheral neuropathy. I am interested in learning how to blog and write online as I feel that I have A lot of information on chronic pain, addiction, and flyfishing to transmit to the general public. I am also interested in learning how to make money doing this. I recently purchased Bill Belew's book about blogging and I am reading this at this time.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@ThomasPurtzer

You are in the right place.

Do you have a website set up yet?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member tonypiparo private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@ThomasPurtzer Thomas, Hello & Welcome! I have had a history of getting 'cluster headaches' since approx. 1985. My last experience with these headaches was on Feb. 15th/16. Besides taking prescription drugs are you aware of any natural remedies or other pain control strategies to eliminate this 'King of Headaches'condition? Thanks!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur

My wife says I give her headaches. Is there a cure for that?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Go to another room.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
I use peppermint essential oil rubbed under each nostril and on each temple and place a hot water bottle on my sinuses or behind my neck in a darkened room. Within 30 minutes they're gone.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Belew I think that only a neurologist would know for sure. Headaches have a range of different pain thresholds from minor regular headaches, sinus headaches, migraine headaches and the Big One, the cluster headache.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@tonypiparo You might want to take out a patent on your secret recipe cure for headaches. What kind of headaches do you get?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
I don't get them very often anymore because I changed my diet. When I did they were sinus migraines. Could last 3 days until I found the essential oil and heat treatment.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@ThomasPurtzer

The good thing about blogging is it's not brain surgery. The rest you will get help with here. You've come to the right place.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Blogging is more like brain dumping.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
29624 12 12
destitute