BillBelew.com
Humor

The good and bad of doing hard things ...2043

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I like doing hard things ... most people won't even dare. It means that if or when I succeed at doing something hard, the space is NOT very crowded.

I tell my wife 'hard is good.'

Hard is good is good except for one thing ... it's hard.

Do you like doing hard things?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
AndreaNaomi private msg quote post Address this user
One of my favorite sayings:

"We should all have the willingness to try something Hard"

- Don't know who claims the rights to it

So yes and yes , the love for pursuing a challenge doesn't make it easy still hard

Hope you are blessed,
Andrea Naomi
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@AndreaNaomi

What hard thing are you working on these days?

I am in pursuit of an agent to publishing the traditional route.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
TPC private msg quote post Address this user
As a dating and relationship coach I appreciate that learning how to date well and then have a good relationship is hard work. I personally and professionally know it's worth the work because of the many benefits of finding someone to love and who loves you back. And if you stay on top of the hard work then being in a relationship is much more fun then work.

My current hard work is starting a blog with a male colleague that will give both the man's and the woman's point of view.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@TPC

Starting a blog with a partner is not unlike a long-term dating relationship.

How's it coming?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
You're so right. It's fun and very interesting. He lives in Northern CA and I live in Southern CA. He's in a 4 year relationship and I'm a recent widow. In the past we've both been married, divorced and single for long periods of time which gave us lots of dating experience to share with our audience.

We taught a seminar together recently which turned out to be really fun for us and the participants.

I believe our points of view will be very helpful for singles in the 50+ arena. Our male-female differences as well as not being in a personal relationship with each other gives us a very unique niche in the dating advice industry.

Christine
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@TPC

Where is NorCal?

I live in Sunnyvale, just outside of San Jose (Yes, I know the way!).

If he's nearby, we might can meet up and I will be happy to brainstorm a bit with him.

Abt the blog .... not abt relationships. 8-)
Post 7 • IP   flag post
He lives in Marin just outside of San Francisco.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@TPC

He lives north of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I live south + 30 miles. Not much chance of running into him on the street.

But then, who knows?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Who knows?! I'll tell him about your generous offer and possibly you could chat on the phone.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@TPC

Sure.

I am presenting next Tuesday at a French incubator in SF... Golden Gate University.

Perhaps we could meet up before or after, if he is willing to come into the City.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
I've sent him the link to our conversation. I think I needed to ask to join your group which I mentioned to him.

So be on the lookout for Joel Blackwell
email grassrootsguy@JoelBlackwell.com
Post 12 • IP   flag post
macnamal private msg quote post Address this user
Are you asking about 'What hard thing are you working on these days'? OK... I think that in the same things and stuff I've been working everyday, during the last 2 years: achieving new goals (such as 'Likes', Retweets and promotion for our digital comics on ComicSquare). Does it seem easy? I don't think so...
I didn't believe -I was younger and probably quiet stupid, or maybe simply ignorant- the world of marketers, community managers and promoters were so difficult and heavy.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@macnamal

I have made products and I have worked hard to get ppl to use those products. Marketing is harder.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
ojay private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for your loss, @TPC. That, to me, is the worst kinda loss as far as relationships are concerned...
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Thank you for your very kind words Ojay. I definitely agree. Sounds like you might personally know something about this kind of loss too.

Christine
Post 16 • IP   flag post
24943 16 16
destitute