BillBelew.com
Content Creation

If you had a do over...then what?2051

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
If you had a do over...maybe you'd do smth completely different.

Most ppl would chose the same path but...

The but...if you were doing the same job but had a chance to start over differently, knowing what you know nowx what would you do differently?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I first started an online publication type website in 1997... it had a large following a large newsletter Base. If i had my time again I would expand that and develop it fully... instead of getting bored and closing it down
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@Steve

That'd be a terrific asset to still have.

So, you would recommend newbies or middlebies, to instead of abandoning a project at the tired point, it would be better to find their motivation or inspiration to keep going?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew absolutely... don't get me wrong I made a lot of money off of that website... but after six years I got tired and bored... plodded on for a couple more years before closing it down...
Post 4 • IP   flag post
KimSutton private msg quote post Address this user
That's an interesting question @Belew, and one I have thought of many times. I have a degree in interior architecture, and while social media marketing didn't exist when I went to college, I believe I would go for marketing instead. With all that said, however, everything happens for a reason, and my journey as an interior architect, losing my job, starting my business, etc. led me to where I am - and LOVING where I am - today.

What about you, @Belew? What would you change?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@KimSutton

Thank you for asking. I, too, like the path I have taken... I think. But there were some turning points that could have taken me in a different direction.

When I was in the Navy I was screened and selected for flight school = zoom zoom. But I had a broken nose at the time, or it was broke previously and not repaired properly. I couldn't tolerate the differences in air pressure when changing altitudes. It didn't occur to me at the time that I could have it repaired then go on to flight school. I went to surface warfare instead.

Perhaps I would have chosen the air instead of the sea in the Navy had I a do over.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
24928 6 6
destitute