BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official Introduce Yourself Thread #42068

AveryJLongley private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Two minutes in the box. You feel shame.
Post 226 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@AveryJLongley

Always better to be in the game than out, I reckon.
Post 227 • IP   flag post
Ganeagroup private msg quote post Address this user
@AveryJLongley Thank you. I would definitely post a review when done.
Post 228 • IP   flag post
AveryJLongley private msg quote post Address this user
@Ganeagroup
Post 229 • IP   flag post
samaz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
My Name is Sam Azaki and I'm a marketing and business development support manager, most of my experience is in marketing insurance services/products. My goal is to become a marketing expert in the field of digital and content marketing. being here will allow me to learn something from all of you and share with you some marketing ideas on the service industry..
Post 230 • IP   flag post

@samaz

You are in the right place to learn those skills.

Why the interest? Why now?
Post 231 • IP   flag post
Digital marketing and content marketing are two fields that I consider myself behind in terms of knowledge and skill. To be successful in today's business, furnishing yourself with developed and updated tools will decide your survival and continuity . I believe digital marketing and its derivatives are and will be the future of marketing.
Post 232 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@samaz Great to meet you!
I'm sure we'll get to share ideas.
Have you always been interested in digital and content marketing?
Post 233 • IP   flag post
@stevenguglich Hi!
Great to meet another writer!
It'll be good to swap ideas about marketing too!
Post 234 • IP   flag post
Thanks Susan, it's my pleasure and sure will do.
Post 235 • IP   flag post
Iwiyisi private msg quote post Address this user
@samaz hello there,
You are welcome.Would be great to swap ideas about content marketing.
Post 236 • IP   flag post
Concentric private msg quote post Address this user
Hi.
Trying to learn how to have a digital presence. My main business is providing loans to rehabbers. Can do all states. Looking for ways to expand through social media.
Post 237 • IP   flag post
@Concentric

You are in the right place.

I work with several folks in your industry.

What is the number 1 question on your mind?

Welcome!
Post 238 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome everyone! The growth in this forum is really exciting. Great things happening. Have you read about the Classroom yet?

@Concentric

By "digital presence" I'm guessing you are referring to what I would call an "online presence". A successful online presence begins with a website (foundational) and then adds content to attract organic traffic and reaches out through social media to targeted audiences. I'll be glad to talk to you more about this.

For now, take a look at http://wizardsplace.com/ where you can get some good information on the subject.
Post 239 • IP   flag post
RogerBruner private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, y'all. I'm 70 years southern in spite of a few years spent in Maryland. I write Christian novels. Three have been traditionally published and I'm working on my first indy novel publication, Rosa No-Name, which is actually the prequel to my first published book, Found in Translation.
I have indy-pubbed two small books of my shorter works. That's all I can think of to say except I'm pleased to be here and looking forward to getting to know some of you.
Post 240 • IP   flag post
@RogerBruner

We love 'youngsters' here.

How did you get into writing?

Is this smth you have done all your life or was writing what you did in another 'life' while you worked at ???
Post 241 • IP   flag post
I can't recall a time when I didn't occasionally do some writing, even if it was work-related. I've written over two hundred songs during the last fifty years, although I could never get anyone else interested in them professionally. Then I went through a few years of poetry only. When I was downsized from my position in Information Technology I wasn't old enough to retire, but was too old to keep up with the changes in IT. So I worked part-time on the register on Target for three years, during which time I wrote my first couple of novels. My wife believed in me so strongly I retired at 62 to write full-time. After publishing Rosa No-Name I'll still have eight unpublished manuscripts. My agent and I parted ways because she just couldn't get my quirky novels.*LOL*
Post 242 • IP   flag post
@RogerBruner

Great story ... looking for a happy ending.

I have a girl friend, uh, lady friend, not my wife and not 'that' either .. just a friend who has traditionally published - gotten a couple of sizable 6-figure advances ... and I have had a bit of success online ... we are putting together a workshop of sorts that is still months away ... or I might die before we get it done.

Where are you located physically?
Post 243 • IP   flag post
Richmond, Virginia.

I received decent, but not sizable four-figure advances for each of the first two books. The third was with a smaller publisher that doesn't pay advances at all. I'm not really in this for the money, but it would be nice to make enough from one book to pay for the cover and editing of another one.
Post 244 • IP   flag post
For me, it's not about the money ... but for the missus it is ... and I am for the missus.

I think I got a 4-digit advance once - $26.00 ... or some such number. 8-)

Glad to have you here.

We'll either teach you something or learn something from you .. but we won't be the same since we met.

Welcome!
Post 245 • IP   flag post
Although my wife isn't money-hungry, she's more interested in the money than I am. *G*

Great advance you got that time. Like payments I got from magazines for my poetry.

Glad to be here and looking forward to learning...and teaching if I find I have something to share.
Post 246 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@RogeerBruner

Welcome! I share a little of your story. I wrote a couple of novels and had an editor. He got me connected with Double Day and then he quit and fouled up the connection. For him it wasn't about "quirky" but, rather, the bottle he crawled into.

I was discouraged and shelved the books for several years. I took them out to dust off about 8 years ago and found bits that I had to re-write to bring current. Interestingly I had predicted the tearing down of the Berlin wall and the Obama presidency.

They need dusting off again and there is a third to go along with them that really needs to get out in the world because of some predictions that seem to be falling in place a la Trump. I should probably hurry for another reason that Bill alluded to as well.

I've done the song thing (same results) and still do the poetry thing. Every now and then the muse is with me and it just flows. I've never sought, nor do I want, praise, critique, or ejudication. I just write and share. That's where the fun is.

When First We Met is appropriately titled, though on a different theme.

All in all it is great to have another writer with us. There are several here now and the ideas for marketing continue to flow. The force is strong here.
Post 247 • IP   flag post
Winsome1 private msg quote post Address this user
@Rogerbruner Welcome! I began as a fiction writer and now write nonfiction. Nice to have you on board!
Post 248 • IP   flag post
Rev, what an interesting story. We do have some things in common, don't we? Thanks for sharing.
Post 249 • IP   flag post
Interesting, Winsome1. I have enough trouble writing nonfiction blog posts! *LOL*
Post 250 • IP   flag post
eddievelez private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome, Roger! I work with many Christian authors. It's great to meet you!

Eddie
Post 251 • IP   flag post
That's great, Eddie! Wonderful to meet you, too.

Roger
Post 252 • IP   flag post
@RogerBruner Great to meet another author!
Post 253 • IP   flag post
Thanks, Susan. Great to meet you, too.
Post 254 • IP   flag post
dre4mkid private msg quote post Address this user
hi everyone! Greetings from Malaysia!

My name is Victor.

I've always wanted to join a marketing forum.

Been tweeting accounts and trying Facebook Groups. No response. Would love to learn how to promote in order to get some traction.

Hope we can help each other out.

Looking forward to connecting with all out there!

Post 255 • IP   flag post
26015 500 30
destitute