BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official Introduce Yourself Thread #42068

digitalnomadsnet private msg quote post Address this user
Ain't that the truth! I'm still trying to find freelancers or work at home people and companies that would like to post their web content I'm slowly developing the site. Could really use some help. If you're interested, please contact me. Thank you in advance.
Post 301 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@digitalnomadsnet

Why would anybody want to post content for you?

What's in it for them?
Post 302 • IP   flag post
Well, right now all I can offer is more exposure and a chance to be a part of the Digital Nomads Network on the ground floor. I am going to scale this business up once the site is up and running like it should, and will be adding a social network for anyone wanting to find out more about being a freelancer, and offering free resources and so much more. I guess that;s it for now, but this is going to grow quickly.
Post 303 • IP   flag post
@digitalnomadsnet

What kind of exposure? Do you have data to share?

It's going to grow quickly?

How do you know?

Perhaps if you could answer these questions with solid data ppl would consider participating.

If it's just give me free content so I can grow smth, you may be fighting a losing battle.
Post 304 • IP   flag post
Right right, At this point, I haven't gotten Google analytics set up, but from the plugin that tracks visitors, I am already getting about 300 to 400 visitors a week, some of those numbers have been projected from the influx of traffic right now. Yes, it's growing quickly, and there are a lot of people that want to be a part of this already, but they're more silent partners than anything else. Just from all the interest, and my research, this has been growing at a rate of 55% a day, which is incredible considering that I just started the site a couple of days ago. Does that answer your questions? I could post the anaytics info that I do have, would that help?
Post 305 • IP   flag post

@digitalnomadsnet

Growing by 55% a day on a site that is days old is much too small a data point.

I am not trying to discourage you. Plz don't misunderstand.

How do you get 300-400 visitors a week on a site that is a couple of days old?

The numbers don't add up.

If you want ppl to follow you give them reasons that are seeable and beneficial to them.

Promises are not enough.

In my experience it is harder to get ppl to do smth for free = your model, than it is to get them to pay.
Post 306 • IP   flag post
Yes, I know. The 300 a week is a projection from the traffic that the analytics calculates from each days traffic. So, i'm not sure if that is going to become a reality, or if it's just a dream made up by my analytics plugin. I am not very good at coming up with reasons,that might sound silly to you, but I've always been a loner, I'm disabled and home bound, so my interactions with people outside of the internet is very limited, and I'm just starting to get used to chatting with people on the internet. I've never been social, so this is kind of hard and different for me. I appreciate your bold and blunt honesty.
Post 307 • IP   flag post
@digitalnomadsnet

You are doing great .... socially. I am quite inept myself at dealing with ppl.

I want you to succeed. At this point, your project is far too early on and you have not invested enough time or money or some combination of the two to make it appealing enough for others to get on board.

I don't want to spend your money ... but there are teachers here ... @Rev, @SusanDay are you reading this?

They will save you a lot of time and money in the long run and get you where you want to be sooner than later ... or help you learn early on BEFORE you spend too much time and money only to find out your idea is not going to pan out.

Does that help?
Post 308 • IP   flag post
Yes, it does help. And, yes I read all messages and replies. I appreciate any help I can get. Also, your right about saving time and money if this isn't going to pan out, but this is now my life's mission and I won't give up. I will message those you have said might be able to teach me something. Thank you for your help.
Post 309 • IP   flag post
PatMolina private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, to everyone!
I am an independent author of the book the Miracle: Life, the Journey through my eyes. My book the Miracle, is about the struggles that I have encountered in my life, such as dealing with depression and cancer all before the age of 25. I do not have a publication company supporting me in my efforts to push my book out in the mainstream, and so I am relying on the kindness of people to tell their friends/family/colleagues about it. I would genuinely be grateful to anyone, who can take the time to tell people that they know about my book!
Just so you know that this is legitimate, you can find me on twitter, where I enjoy to post inspirational messages to uplift others. If you would like to follow me on twitter please do, I can be found by searching Pat Molina@theycallmemikey.

My book can be found at the following link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1520144172/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481902126&sr=8-2&keywords=pat+molina+the+miracle

Put simply, I'm just a guy chasing my own dream, and hoping to inspire others to have the courage to go after theirs. Check my story.
Post 310 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@digitalnomadsnet

I just had a look at your website. Here are two things I would change right away. Whether you do or not is up to you.

1) Change "Please be patient as I build this site" to "Please join with me as I build this site".

2) Change all instances of "Coming Soon" to "Growing Fast".

Your site is already there, so it is NOT coming soon. Further, coming soon is a negative which allows for polite failure... "Well, it was a good try but it didn't work out. Really never got to the opening stage..." Cop out!

You are either doing it, or you are not. So go for it. If you fail, learn from it. But you are more likely to succeed if you are invested sub-consciously. "Coming Soon" just doesn't get you there from here.

There is more, but you can contact me privately and we can talk about it if you wish.
Post 311 • IP   flag post
I appreciate your advice, and will change it today, as soon as I'm done typing typing to you. Yes, I am doing this there is no option of failure, it is already a success seeing as I am getting visitors, and email newsletter sign ups. I really just want to help people understand freelancing and keep them informed. Yes, I would love to speak with you privatly, would you please check your inbox here? I've sent you my contact information, and you can choose which contact method you'd be the most comfortable using. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you
Post 312 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@digitalnomadsnet Hi! I love your enthusiasm and it sounds like you have a great site. I do a lot of content marketing for clients and my own sites. The results of having a site with a lot of content are amazing, and it's easy and free! I would love to help you.
Post 313 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @digitalnomadsnet
I visited you site. Are you trying to be another Fiverr, Drudge Report or something else?
btw... You need to clean up the spelling errors. Decide if you are "I" or "we".
Good luck.
Post 314 • IP   flag post
@PatMolina Great to have another indie author on the forum. I am intetested in knowing what are you doing to promote your book? What has worked for you so far? What hasn't?
Post 315 • IP   flag post
No no fivvr, it's going to be a network of freelancers, work at home. I want to add resouces, and a community of both freelancers and the companies that work with them. I am trying to help ppeople build long term relationships instead of the impersonal way that businesses treat us freelancers. As for using I and we, I'm hoping that people will join me and help build this up!
Post 316 • IP   flag post
RonaldSimons private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

Thank you for the invite to your forum. I am an avid Essay Writer and Entrepreneur. Kind of new at the content thingy and hope to make a good fit.

Cheers,
Ronald Simons
clickable text
Post 317 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome @RonaldSimons...

If you are an avid essay writer you are half way to the "content thingy" already! Nice.
Post 318 • IP   flag post
KiniChat private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone, My name is Madeline. However, I am also known as SEOSam2011 by some. I am new to this forum and already impressed by the frankness of the answers I have read to user questions so far.

Like some of you, I am a tell it like it really is marketer and hope that I can be of help to someone. Currently, I work for a number of mobile chat application developers but I also have my own freelance writing business. I run that from my home with my husband. First and foremost, I consider myself a writer. I think knowing how to write properly helps in this "content" driven world we live in today. Hiring people to write content for me has proven disastrous when trying to save a buck. That is a discussion for another day. Let's just say, being able to edit comes in handy!

I just wish that there was no so much "alternative" facts in the writing. People are confused to the point that I truly think SEO (and dare I say) marketing will die as a result. No one will believe the written word anymore.
Post 319 • IP   flag post
@KiniChat

Welcome. We love honest people who are professionals.

I am old ... going to die soon ... and will have to give an accounting for what I say. As for me, I prefer to cut through the nonsense and get down to what works.

I just hit publish on some thoughts on writing and its value in this thread exchange with JWP.

There is way too much nonsense online. And it's not getting any easier to rise to the top.

I have thoughts on that as well.... but like you it likely deserves its own thread.

Welcome!!
Post 320 • IP   flag post
ccorraccio private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone, thank you so much Belew for inviting me to this forum. I love writing, and hope to one day own my own natural cosmetics shop. I am looking forward to keeping touch with everyone!
Post 321 • IP   flag post
@ccorraccio

We love writers here!

What do enjoy writing abt?

Welcome!
Post 322 • IP   flag post
@KiniChat It's great to meet you. I really appreciate your thoughts and your honesty.

As a teacher of content writing I sort of hope you're wrong, but I can certainly understand what you mean.

I think that you bring up a valid point about originality and the true art of writing.

When I train people to write content I talk about the importance of being 100% original, but of course we all know there is nothing new on the net.

But, should we stop trying? No!

Being original, catchy, noteworthy and fun are all valid reasons to keep on writing!

What sort of things do you write about?
Post 323 • IP   flag post
@ccorraccio Another writer / author - how exciting!

I am an author too and teach people how to create compelling content.

I think an organic cosmetic shop is a great idea. I shudder when I think what chemicals are in make up and shampoos - yikes!

Welcome aboard!
Post 324 • IP   flag post
@digitalnomadsnet That's a great idea! Let me know how I can help
Post 325 • IP   flag post
@RonaldSimons Hello to you too!

It's going to be great to share ideas and thoughts. You will certainly learn a lot here!

I am an author and I teach content writing here on Bill's forum.

What sorts of subjects do you write about?
Post 326 • IP   flag post
trikashivam private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, Shivam here.

First of all a big thank you to Belew for gracefully inviting me to this forum. Loving the people here already.

I currently work as a Content Writer for a SaaS named Interakt.
Been a year writing about what I have learnt on the way about the whole SaaS landscape.

Never wrote about myself, just professional stuff. Though, I would really love to give it a try, someday.

Throughout my journey, for me, google has been the only place to learn and implement stuff. And it has worked out pretty well.

As I recently achieved a (kind of personal) milestone, I decided to write a Blog specially for it. I would really love if you would take some time out of your busy schedule and give it a look. The hyperlink option is currently broken, I guess so I am putting here a direct link to the post -
https://medium.com/shivamtrika/getting-stronger-e795b2585937
Post 327 • IP   flag post
Iwiyisi private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to this forum @RonaldSimons,@KiniChat and @ccorraccio

Hope we can all learn and help one another.
Post 328 • IP   flag post
reecbscot private msg quote post Address this user
I'm new but dying to write. Need pointers also like to learn more about starting a blog
Post 329 • IP   flag post
@reecbscot meet @SusanDay ... she'll get you started.
Post 330 • IP   flag post
24018 357 30
destitute