BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official Introduce Yourself Thread #42068

SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Frank Great to meet you. Welcome aboard!
Post 376 • IP   flag post
Svalis private msg quote post Address this user
I'm currently working on a fantasy novel based loosely on fairy tales and the world I created around it. The ones on my Patreon site are a romance called "rekindled" and an ongoing fantasy story based on a D&D campaign my friends and I are playing.
Post 377 • IP   flag post
JasonSJackson private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone!

My name is Jason S. Jackson, and above all I am a writer! I've worked in sales, marketing, customer service, and management over the last two decades, but I've just recently decided to move to writing commercially full-time.

Over the last few years, especially the last election cycle, I was writing heavily about political issues. I majored in Political Science, but I honestly needed a complete change of pace and have decided to rededicate myself to marketing and copywriting. I've been doing it my entire career anyway, and it made sense to make business writing my focus.

I redesigned my entire website at http://JasonSJackson.com and restarted my Twitter presence to be fair to my audience. 99% of my audience came to me for politics and it seemed disingenuous to start shipping out completely different content.

When I restarted on Twitter at @Jason_S_Jackson, Bill was one of my first new followers and I always try to see what a new follower has to offer. (As long as I think there'll be something of interest, which there seems to be here!)

I'm honestly not too sure what to expect here, but my introduction has gone on far too long! I'll just say I'm a 38-year-old happily married man in suburban Detroit with some kick-ass rescue pets! I look forward to interacting with you!
Post 378 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@JasonSJackson

We love pros hwre and especially writers.

Writiny commercially. What do you think that looks like?

There are a lot of ppl here who make a living from their keyboards. And a lot who wish they could.

Welcome. Glad you are here.
Post 379 • IP   flag post
Hi @JasonSJackson great to meet you.

I am one of those writers @Belew mentioned who makes a living from writing and I'm an author.

You'll find there are lots of great people here who you can connect with and chat to about your work.

Also, I live in country Australia with a lot of rescue animals too
Post 380 • IP   flag post

geegee1908 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone, I am a graduate student with a full-time job, who has aspirations of becoming a full-time writer and entrepreneur. I look forward to communicating and learning from all of you!
Best, Glenda
Post 381 • IP   flag post
wfilho private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I'm writing from Brazil. I have an IT background and worked in Sales for the last 11 years. I'd like to learn about content marketing and, if possible, to give some advice too. Nowadays, I'm selling trade marketing solutions but sold HR applications for a long period.
Personally, I'd like to trail running, climb and sail. Father of a couple and very well married.
Regards, Walter.
Post 382 • IP   flag post
@wfilho

Welcome, Walter!

I did a lot of trail running at one point ... but mostly in one day ... 100 mile and 100 km runs.

I love the attitude runners bring.

Glad to have you here!
Post 383 • IP   flag post
@geegee1908

Full-time writer... what will you write about?

Have you connected with @SusanDay here?

She is often on the lookout to hire writers. She will be a great place for you to get your feet wet.
Post 384 • IP   flag post
geegee1908 private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Thank you! I will write about leadership and plant-based nutrition. I haven't connected with @SusanDay, but I will reach out to her.
Post 385 • IP   flag post
Jesse private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys.
I am Jesse Obareh. An entrepreneur from Africa. IN the oil service industry. Used to write back then as an undergraduate (schoolpaper).Amateur Golfer, husband, father & winner. Looking to better my environment & leave a positive mark in the world. Looking for winners & dreamers.
Post 386 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
So many wonderful new people joining us! Welcome all. I look forward to meeting each of you.

For what it's worth, I did a little running so many years ago. I was a 100 Mile Club member and a cross-country runner. I was no slouch on the track either, with a respectable time for the mile.

Now I just try to keep up!
Post 387 • IP   flag post
Jesse private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev ☺. I am not a runner. I think if the zombies come I will stare like a deer cos I hate feeling exhausted. I did a bit of basic programming and data administration. I got Oracle & sun java certification....don't use much of it. I guess it would help wen I get pulled into conversation with geeks. I am no geek, trying to figure out how to upload my picture. Willing to learn from anyone and everyone. Early Trump supporter cos I hold independent views....he's losing my support now cos of his twitter fingers and his inability to ignore stuff &be PRESIDENTIAL. America is in my prayers cos of our interdependent monetary exchange system. So still praying for Trump, he gave an ok speech I applaud him but he fails in comparison to other presidents past. Speaking too much maybe, just showing my writing range I guess.
Post 388 • IP   flag post
Iwiyisi private msg quote post Address this user
Hi and welcome to the forum, @JasosSJackson.Great to connect here. Though don't know much about politics,though!

If it's about health & well-being, food,medicines and kids,they I might know something!
Post 389 • IP   flag post
@Jesse

Whichever way your politics leans, I applaud your honesty -- difficult for many in these times -- and your analysis.
Post 390 • IP   flag post
VictoriaMPatton private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
Nice to meet everyone. I write crime fiction. It's on the darker edgier side. My husband and I are forced to share our home with two teens, 3 dogs, 1 cat. I plot my escape daily.

I started writing about two years ago. I had knee replacement surgery and I was high on pain meds and I read a lot. I thought I can write a better crime book. And so I did.

I have spent the better part of this last year looking for an agent/publisher and finally said the hell with it, I'll do it myself. So as I sit here typing this I should be putting the last touches on my book before I upload it to Amazon for presale. It will be out March 31st. I have a blog, Whiskey and Writing. I have a Bachelors of Science in Forensic Chemistry and I was in the USCG for a while and I still have the sailors mouth to prove it.

Look forward to talking with y'all.
Post 391 • IP   flag post
Iamstevenb private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings,

I am Steven. I write occasionally. I have strong political opinions, none of which I plan to share.

I will offer help when I believe I can be helpful. I will seek help beginning with reading as much as I can stand here. I will do my best to be friendly with everyone.

Oh! If I ever get around to shaving and putting on a clean shirt I will post a picture.
Post 392 • IP   flag post
@VictoriaMPatton

Welcome! Glad to have you with us. I'm going to look for your book(s). Thanks for letting us know about them.

@Iamstevenb

I've shaved twice in 50 years. Clean shirt? What's that?
Post 393 • IP   flag post
@Rev i have worn just 2 different shirts in 50 years. What's shaving?
Post 394 • IP   flag post
kazu private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I'm Joe, I run a small digital marketing agency and provide SEO and content marketing, outreach, and high-quality linkbuilding (no blog comments, PBNs, directory submissions etc).

Feel free to hit me up with any questions regarding SEO and content marketing. I'm happy to share my processes with those who want them.
Post 395 • IP   flag post
@kazu

Joe,

We love pros here! Welcome.

How did you get started in this field?
Post 396 • IP   flag post
Clearsky private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,
My name is Tyler and I recently started a business. Clear Sky Digital Solutions is a grassroots online branding and digital marketing consultancy. We specialize in web design, SEO, social media marketing and content creation.

I have many questions regarding business development in the startup realm.

I'm looking for guidance but I have no compensation to offer besides immense gratitude.
Post 397 • IP   flag post
@kazu @Clearsky Hi! It's great to meet you both! I am looking forward to sharing ideas with you.

This is a great place to learn, share and grow!
Post 398 • IP   flag post
Thanks, it's great to be here!

I started as a content writer, on what was then Elance, and was lucky enough to get a part time, then full time content writing job for a price comparison site that was based locally.

Because of the industry, SEO was considered very important, and I was able to spend time studying the subject, taking courses etc. and later became Head of SEO, during which time we grew the site's traffic to over 750,000 monthly sessions (up from around 300,000), and increased the revenue per visitor substantially, with CRO.

After a couple of years there, though, the office politics got tiresome, along with the egos of some colleagues, so I decided to go it alone, and start Kazu Web Services.

One issue I'm finding is that a lot of people cling to the idea that SEO somehow means trying to trick Google into ranking your page, using magical codes and complicated redirects, etc. Which doesn't really work anymore like it used to (you can't trick Google).

My outlook is that, to rank for a highly competitive keyword, you need to strategically create the best content and promote it properly (obviously the site needs to be set up properly for SEO, but that's just the ticket to entry, imo). There are loads of agencies offering grey or black hat methods to rank sites, but they only get short term gains, if any, and I'm competing with them, offering a longer term solution, but obviously it's more expensive, so a lot of time ends up being spent explaining why the ROI is greater in the long term.
Post 399 • IP   flag post
@kazu

Great story. Did you think to take screenshots of the site's success?

You have a terrific looking site. Do you do your own web design also?
Post 400 • IP   flag post
Thanks, very kind!

I did design it myself, yes. The site has gone through many iterations over the past couple of years, all of which I've made myself, although I'm not experienced enough in development to make anything particularly amazing.

Recently I decided to just make it as simple as I could, so just found a Theme that looked nice and simple, and did the rest in BeaverBuilder. I'm trying to convey that we're an honest agency doing real work, without any of the shady stuff a lot of agencies offer, so I hope that comes across. We offer CRO through A/B testing to some clients, although our main thing is linkbuilding through manual outreach to quality sites.

I do still have a couple of screenshots from a report I made for the company, showing 12 month growth last year. The first is for the main site I worked on, and the second was a project we started in house, that was eventually abandoned to focus on the main site:

Post 401 • IP   flag post
@kazu

Where did you get the username Kazu?

Sounds a bit Japanese.
Post 402 • IP   flag post
It was actually because I was playing a few songs on guitar and Kazoo - 'All of me' 'when the saints go marching in' etc. When I was thinking of starting my own business. There were a few ideas floating around, but I liked Kazu because it was short, not a real thing, and had a domain available
Post 403 • IP   flag post
@Svalis Wow! That sounds great!

Have you thought of how you are going to promote your book? Do you have a website and a blog?
Post 404 • IP   flag post
@kazu I agree, you certainly trick Google.

That's why I head a team of great writers who write fantastic content for my clients, and we get the "Saints Marching" right to their websites; and maybe some sinners too
Post 405 • IP   flag post
27629 500 30
destitute