BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official Introduce Yourself Thread #42068

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@skappal

I have never heard of Minitab. Can you tell us more about it and why it is better/worse than GA?
Post 26 • IP   flag post
skappal private msg quote post Address this user
Minitab is one tool which is used extensively for statistical analysis and doesn't required a great deal of coding experience compared to the other scalable and complex tools. This tool is used by stats teachers across the globe for more than 40 years in 4,000+ universities.

However, when it comes to doing some predictive models and other complex stats and analytics I use R.

You can get more information about these tools @:

Minitab: https://www.minitab.com/en-us/academic/why-minitab/
R:https://www.r-project.org/
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@skappal

Thanks for the tips!

For the everyday blogger/content creator ... do they need such a complex tool?
Post 28 • IP   flag post
If not a "Must" it is important for those who would really want to gain more insights out of various data that they can get out of their blogs or content for targeting appropriate audiences and reaping maximum results.

If I talk about myself I will not be contended with only looking at the engagement scores if I cannot correlate it with the type of content which is creating the engagement. This helps me to create engaging content which will improve my click and impression rates to achieve the results that I want my blog or content to generate for me.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Would you mind creating another thread - separate from this discussion in the intro thread? This is certainly beyond intro level. 8-)

Maybe calling it Using Analytics for Content Creation or something like that.

Then if you don't mind ... maybe walk us thru a practical example of a web site/blog ...
Post 30 • IP   flag post

Sure, would love to do that and will keep you posted about it.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
andresvilarino private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everybody, mi name is Andres, i'm from Madrid, Spain.
i'm already studying a Master of Digital Marketing, so i'm here to learn... help me, hehehe...

@andresvilarino
Post 32 • IP   flag post
@andresvilarino

Welcome.

Where are you studying to get your masters? Maybe you should be teaching us!
Post 33 • IP   flag post
I don't know nothing yet... a few things about SEO, SEM, and marketing, now we are with Social networks... i have a lot of things to learn. we can talk in June of next year, hehehe
I'm studing in Madrid here:

ISDI
Post 34 • IP   flag post
This is perfect to ask questions of things i don't understand...
Thanks in advance
Post 35 • IP   flag post
@andresvilarino

How about this to start?

What is the curriculum for a Masters in Digital Marketing?

What kind of courses do they require you take?
Post 36 • IP   flag post
kab private msg quote post Address this user
Hi I'm Kathy Alice Brown. I do technical SEO, Facebook Ads and Copywriting. The technical SEO is what I have done the longest, I help business owners with large dynamic sites fix SEO problems so they rank and get more organic traffic.

I can be found on various social media sites. including twitter @kathyalice. I blog at http://webenso.com.
Post 37 • IP   flag post
@kab

Welcome!!

What are some of the biggest SEO problems that you see in business owners' sites?
Post 38 • IP   flag post
Well that really depends on the site. Large sites usually have a duplicate content or thin content problem. And there is still a lot of sites with performance or mobile friendliness issues.
Post 39 • IP   flag post
Duplicate content = you mean they cut and pasted from elsewhere?
Post 40 • IP   flag post
No I mean multiple URLs that resolve to the same page.
Post 41 • IP   flag post
D1182donna private msg quote post Address this user
Hi. I'm Donna a food enthusiast and photographer. I recently started a website www.foodbuytoronto.com and can be found on Twitter @food4thoughtto and Instagram @foodbuytoronto.
Post 42 • IP   flag post
Surfobeach private msg quote post Address this user
Hi. My name is Amy Troscher and I'm a real estate broker from Florida. I have been trying to expand my business with SEO, blogging and social media. With so much information out there I feel I am getting lost at sea. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I read through already posted material. My company name is Surf Shack Realty and we have a very early start up website SurfShackRealty.com. I look forward to learning more.
Post 43 • IP   flag post
@Surfobeach

Firs of all a warm welcome to this amazing community of great people with great knowledge.....I totally agree with you when you say that "I feel I am getting lost at Sea" and you are right in saying that, there is some much information floating over the internet that it gets difficult to understand what to pick and what to ignore. So to start things for you and as a BillBelew's forum Member I have done a small analysis of your Facebook page by comparing it with one of the Realty Brokers in Florida (Atlantic Shores Realty).

You can access the analysis using the below mentioned link:
SurfShackREalty Competitive Analysis

This Analysis will show you some quick wins on how to generate more engagement for your Facebook Fan Page and will also show you a scorecard. You can also download the data in Excel and Powerpoint to share with your clients. You can also use the data to publish it on your website if there is a cool story emerging out of it.

In the end I just wanna say "there is so much to share with people around the world with a selfless attitude that you can literally make this world a candy-land"

Hope you will enjoy this report !!!
Post 44 • IP   flag post
eddievelez private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Surfobeach,

Maybe my short eBook may help. You can download it for FREE here: http://eddievelez.net/wp-content/uploads/Social-Media-Marketing-Are-You-Part-of-the-Conversation.pdf

Also, if you checkout my blog, you will find a wealth of information to help. It's available at www.eddievelez.net/blog-2/

I hope it helps!

Eddie
Post 45 • IP   flag post
@D1182donna

Glad to have you here! what is it you hope to accomplish with your food blog?
Post 46 • IP   flag post
@Surfobeach

Whereabouts in FL?

I have a friend who does real estate in Palm Beach.

Glad to have you here!
Post 47 • IP   flag post
@eddievelez

Perhaps you could share some of the more salient points here?
Post 48 • IP   flag post
There would be too much to share in a post. I can list several articles for easy access that will cut through the clutter. If that's fine with you.
Post 49 • IP   flag post
@eddievelez

I am trying to get users here to take a look at your main points and decide for themselves to click thru or not. From my experience, just adding a link doesn't get that to happen.
Post 50 • IP   flag post
I agree. I will have to take some time to think this through and do it concisely, as brevity is best.

I will be back. In the middle of writing my latest article, based on my conversation with James.
Post 51 • IP   flag post
El_Conde private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! I'm Lee Conde, Head of Sales in a tech reseller. Just completed a Google sponsored Digital Marketing course and want to learn in the marketing real world. Also looking for inspiration for a website/blog for a personal project.
Post 52 • IP   flag post
For you to setup your online marketing infrastructure correctly, you need to understand there are three key points:

1. Your Website
2. Your Blog
3. Your Social Media Networks

The most crucial of the three is your website, as it’s where the buying decision is made and where you control the conversation. In social media you own nothing. Now, it’s tool to be used, but not one to depend on as a substitute for your website.

Your website must:

1. Offer a fabulous user experience.
2. Take into consideration proper balance.
3. Not overwhelm, while making all the information available by hiding it in plain view.
4. Be designed to capture the identity of your visitor first;
5. And to make a sale second.
6. You must offer a value-for-value exchange, so your visitor sees what’s in it for them to follow you.

Then you have your blog. It must:

1. Not be used as a sales piece. You must offer tips, tricks, how-to’s and case studies. This is what attracts. Your website does the marketing, not your blog; even though, your blog is STILL marketing under the radar.
2. Your blog must be consistent.
3. You can do articles, videos and podcasts as a blog; however, you want more articles than the other two, as it will help with SEO.

Your social media has certain things you must accomplish:

1. There’s a science and an art part.
a. The science is making algorithms happy, so people will see your posts.
b. The art part is the people part; entertaining, informing and helping.

2. You must engage and not ignore.
3. It cannot be all about you. You want to show you are likeable, approachable and that you share quality to help, even when it’s third-party curated content.
4. You don’t just share in your own profile, you join groups where possible prospects congregate, so you can start a conversation with them.
5. Automate, but not the engagement part. You can streamline quite a bit, but never actually responding and sharing with individuals.
6. When you start, make sure that when you speak, you are adding value to the conversation, not just agreeing with people. This way people come to learn that when you speak, you share substance. Therefore, when you post your articles, they will WANT to read them, because they expect substance.
7. Make sure you brand everything consistently with your website, so there’s no disconnect.

I hope these points are helpful. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at me@eddievelez.net.
Post 53 • IP   flag post
@eddievelez

Lots of terrific stuff here. Thanks!

I find myself saying often lately, "If there were a right way to do things everybody would be doing things the same way."

I say a blog is a website is a blog. I use the terms interchangeably. You seem to separate the two.

Why is that?
Post 54 • IP   flag post
Because, while to the visitor, it's transparent; but to the system, it's not. The website portion is typically stagnant; once created, with few exceptions, little changes. The blog is your OpEd page, if you will. It's where you share your unique perspective about whatever you are passionate about.

On the website portion of the website, you sell and persuade. In the blog, you help and inform. They work together, but the strategic thinking of each part is different. It's important people understand why, so they can use them effectively.

I see many people using a blog as if it were a sales newsletter and wonder why they are being ignored. The info they are sharing on their blog, should be used on web pages, groups or backend areas.

So, one needs to ask, "What is my goal?" Goals are different: awareness, reputation management, customer service, sales, etc. Then decide how to best accomplish this within the separate parts. On the website, do I use a popup, a quiz, a backend member's only area, galleries, etc. On the blog, what do I talk about and how do I share it: articles, videos and podcasts.

For example, my exchange with James Trask had me think that many people believe just any website will do, immediately, to have a presence. While this is true for certain genres (churches, hobbyists, PTAs, clubs) it's not for a serious business. It will make them waste time, money and credibility that will cost MORE time and money to overcome. So I wrote an article explaining why, step-by-step, which will post on Tuesday. By listening to my audience, they tell me what they want to read.

I hope this helps!
Post 55 • IP   flag post
26784 500 30
destitute