BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official Introduce Yourself Thread #42068

eddievelez private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. I will have to take some time to think this through and do it concisely, as brevity is best.

I will be back. In the middle of writing my latest article, based on my conversation with James.
Post 51 • IP   flag post
El_Conde private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! I'm Lee Conde, Head of Sales in a tech reseller. Just completed a Google sponsored Digital Marketing course and want to learn in the marketing real world. Also looking for inspiration for a website/blog for a personal project.
Post 52 • IP   flag post
For you to setup your online marketing infrastructure correctly, you need to understand there are three key points:

1. Your Website
2. Your Blog
3. Your Social Media Networks

The most crucial of the three is your website, as it’s where the buying decision is made and where you control the conversation. In social media you own nothing. Now, it’s tool to be used, but not one to depend on as a substitute for your website.

Your website must:

1. Offer a fabulous user experience.
2. Take into consideration proper balance.
3. Not overwhelm, while making all the information available by hiding it in plain view.
4. Be designed to capture the identity of your visitor first;
5. And to make a sale second.
6. You must offer a value-for-value exchange, so your visitor sees what’s in it for them to follow you.

Then you have your blog. It must:

1. Not be used as a sales piece. You must offer tips, tricks, how-to’s and case studies. This is what attracts. Your website does the marketing, not your blog; even though, your blog is STILL marketing under the radar.
2. Your blog must be consistent.
3. You can do articles, videos and podcasts as a blog; however, you want more articles than the other two, as it will help with SEO.

Your social media has certain things you must accomplish:

1. There’s a science and an art part.
a. The science is making algorithms happy, so people will see your posts.
b. The art part is the people part; entertaining, informing and helping.

2. You must engage and not ignore.
3. It cannot be all about you. You want to show you are likeable, approachable and that you share quality to help, even when it’s third-party curated content.
4. You don’t just share in your own profile, you join groups where possible prospects congregate, so you can start a conversation with them.
5. Automate, but not the engagement part. You can streamline quite a bit, but never actually responding and sharing with individuals.
6. When you start, make sure that when you speak, you are adding value to the conversation, not just agreeing with people. This way people come to learn that when you speak, you share substance. Therefore, when you post your articles, they will WANT to read them, because they expect substance.
7. Make sure you brand everything consistently with your website, so there’s no disconnect.

I hope these points are helpful. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at me@eddievelez.net.
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@eddievelez

Lots of terrific stuff here. Thanks!

I find myself saying often lately, "If there were a right way to do things everybody would be doing things the same way."

I say a blog is a website is a blog. I use the terms interchangeably. You seem to separate the two.

Why is that?
Post 54 • IP   flag post
Because, while to the visitor, it's transparent; but to the system, it's not. The website portion is typically stagnant; once created, with few exceptions, little changes. The blog is your OpEd page, if you will. It's where you share your unique perspective about whatever you are passionate about.

On the website portion of the website, you sell and persuade. In the blog, you help and inform. They work together, but the strategic thinking of each part is different. It's important people understand why, so they can use them effectively.

I see many people using a blog as if it were a sales newsletter and wonder why they are being ignored. The info they are sharing on their blog, should be used on web pages, groups or backend areas.

So, one needs to ask, "What is my goal?" Goals are different: awareness, reputation management, customer service, sales, etc. Then decide how to best accomplish this within the separate parts. On the website, do I use a popup, a quiz, a backend member's only area, galleries, etc. On the blog, what do I talk about and how do I share it: articles, videos and podcasts.

For example, my exchange with James Trask had me think that many people believe just any website will do, immediately, to have a presence. While this is true for certain genres (churches, hobbyists, PTAs, clubs) it's not for a serious business. It will make them waste time, money and credibility that will cost MORE time and money to overcome. So I wrote an article explaining why, step-by-step, which will post on Tuesday. By listening to my audience, they tell me what they want to read.

I hope this helps!
Post 55 • IP   flag post

Moreover, you can have a website without a blog, and a blog without a website.
Post 56 • IP   flag post
do you think a business ought to NOT have a CTA on its blog?
Post 57 • IP   flag post
@eddievelez

A blog can have a HOME page that is static and call itself a website with a blog, no?
Post 58 • IP   flag post
No. That's why you have a sidebar. And too many don't use it effectively.

If you ever read one of my articles, you will see I never say, "I can do this for you." However, you will also notice that as you read my article and scroll down, my sidebar is filled with calls-to-action that give and take: value for value.

So in one, I give my free eBooks if they subscribe. It gives and takes. Then I offer my Marketing IQ Quiz. They have to give me their info to take it and it gives a wealth of information, with articles to read. It gives and takes.

Then you see others offering a FREE analysis: it gives and takes.

Then scroll further, and you see a "Have a Question?" conversion form. Hopefully, there's a question and seeing it will prompt them to ask it. Give and take.

Then there's the comment form and social media icons.

So it's designed with multiple forms to engage the visitor, give value, capture the identity and pull them in deeper into the site.
Post 59 • IP   flag post
A blog can have a homepage. That homepage is it's website part. Now it may be very minimal, but it's not the blog part. Again, it's transparent to most people, but it's still a website and blog.
Post 60 • IP   flag post
@eddievelez

Excellent well thought out strategy.
Post 61 • IP   flag post
lydiabr private msg quote post Address this user
Hi I am Lydia Brown,Business Building Coach. Mom, Grandma, and wife I blog and have been an affiliate and network marketer since 2005. F/T since 2010.

Became a caregiver of my mom who has dementia and cancer earlier this year. Required a few lifestyle adjustments but since I worked at home already it didn't take much to reorganized my daily schedule.

I love tools that help me automate my business and sharing all that I have learned over the years with others. It's brutal online I was blessed to have good mentors so I do the same.

Native New Yorker living in Virginia toooo long. That's a blog post.

I love making connections with others so I can not only be a contributor of new information but also a receiver.

Look forward to being an active member of this community!

To Our Success!
Lydia Brown
Post 62 • IP   flag post
@lydiabr

We love smart ppl here. And experienced, too!

Welcome and thx for jumping right in.
Post 63 • IP   flag post
Lovinarob private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

My name is Lovina Robinson and I'm a Transformational Intuitive Coach, Hypnotherapist, and Reiki practitioner. I'm also a teacher and falconer.
Post 64 • IP   flag post
Welcome Lovinarob!
Post 65 • IP   flag post
@Lovinarob

Multi-talented!

Which one are you first?
Post 66 • IP   flag post
gmille39 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I am Greg Miller. I am a graphic designer and owner of a promotional products company. I do have a blog, but need to post more consistently. I currently use Aweber and Lead Pages and also Outbound Engine for industry specific email marketing and social media posting. I also have a Youtube channel. Since I'm always trying to show pictures of products I sell, or have done for clients, I've started to work on Instagram quite a bit. Hoping that good, consistent social media content and blogging will bring in some good leads.
Post 67 • IP   flag post
TyronHenry7 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, My name is Tyron. I am an affiliate marketer, blogger, & entrepreneur. I am also a very passionate football coach. How is everyone do today?
Post 68 • IP   flag post
tmartinback private msg quote post Address this user
I have seen a lot of the same questions from many of those who have posted on this thread. One of the biggest obstacles I have seen is getting your business going. Just like many of you, I blog, (I have several sites), I post on Twitter, Linkedin, have a fan page on Facebook and have created limited traction. I have paid for adwords, PPC and still had limited success until I got this product. http://terrymartinback.onlinesalespro.com/l-1 Check it out for yourself, it has made a world of difference with the PPC ads I run. I'm not an online sales Guru, I'm a contractor, realtor, speaker and author. Good luck to you all and I wish you all success!
Post 69 • IP   flag post
@TyronHenry7

Football coach? For whom?

Go, Buckeyes! 8-)
Post 70 • IP   flag post
@tmartinback

Instead of asking us to check it out (poor form) how abt telling us what it is, what it does, how it works and why we should? (Good form)
Post 71 • IP   flag post
It's a network marketing company. You make the money on the referring (selling) the system.
Post 72 • IP   flag post
tmartinback private msg quote post Address this user
It's a tool you use to create professional ads for marketing on Facebook and other social networks. Like I said before, I have done all the blogging, Adwords and tried my hand at creating ads on Facebook, with limited success. Since I created an ad with the program, I get solid leads for my products. Yes, you can make money for referral to the company but my focus is building my business, which is my long term goal. https://terrymartinback.com/ my business... Author, speaker, contractor and realtor.
Post 73 • IP   flag post
Last week, I had a conversation with James Trask, regarding whether having a quick website now, with improvements later was the correct approach for online success, versus doing it right out of the box.

We debated it well and I wrote an article, which just posted, titled:

"Is it Better to Have a Quick Website or a Well Done One Later?" - You can read it here: http://eddievelez.net/quick-website-or-a-well-done/#sthash.FWOvSpi6.dpuf

In the article I elaborate on each key point.

I hope you find it helpful!

Eddie
Post 74 • IP   flag post
@tmartinback

I wish you success.

Eddie
Post 75 • IP   flag post
Sagekreyol private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I'm new. I'm still making my way through this site. I've launched a content marketing agency in Singapore.

I'm a former credit analyst turned marketer/entrepreneur.

Stephen Jacob
Periko.com
Post 76 • IP   flag post
@sagekreyol

Welcome! Singapore sounds exotic!

Have a blessed day!

Eddie Velez
Post 77 • IP   flag post
Sagekreyol private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @eddievelez. I'm still trying to get an understanding of how this works. I'm following Bill on Twitter, but whenever I click on the links, I go to the general page instead of the specific article mentioned.
Post 78 • IP   flag post
If you want any of my articles, let me know which ones, and I will send you direct links. In the meantime, here are my two ebooks; they will help you think with your new role.

Social Media Marketing: Are you part of the conversation?
http://eddievelez.net/wp-content/uploads/Social-Media-Marketing-Are-You-Part-of-the-Conversation.pdf

Secrets of Successful Inventing: 16 Experts Spill the beans! Chapter 8 by me on Websites and the Internet.
http://eddievelez.net/wp-content/uploads/The-Secrets-of-Successful-Inventing.pdf
Post 79 • IP   flag post
bruceldouglas private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I am Bruce Douglas, an aspiring copy writer and digital marketer. I am a tech industry refuge and currently in the SF Bay Area. Look forward to learning more (and sharing) here about digital marketing including content, email, inbound, affiliate and even video marketing.
Post 80 • IP   flag post
24018 357 30
destitute