BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official Introduce Yourself Thread #42068

Sagekreyol private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I'm new. I'm still making my way through this site. I've launched a content marketing agency in Singapore.

I'm a former credit analyst turned marketer/entrepreneur.

Stephen Jacob
Periko.com
Post 76 • IP   flag post
eddievelez private msg quote post Address this user
@sagekreyol

Welcome! Singapore sounds exotic!

Have a blessed day!

Eddie Velez
Post 77 • IP   flag post
Thanks @eddievelez. I'm still trying to get an understanding of how this works. I'm following Bill on Twitter, but whenever I click on the links, I go to the general page instead of the specific article mentioned.
Post 78 • IP   flag post
eddievelez private msg quote post Address this user
If you want any of my articles, let me know which ones, and I will send you direct links. In the meantime, here are my two ebooks; they will help you think with your new role.

Social Media Marketing: Are you part of the conversation?
http://eddievelez.net/wp-content/uploads/Social-Media-Marketing-Are-You-Part-of-the-Conversation.pdf

Secrets of Successful Inventing: 16 Experts Spill the beans! Chapter 8 by me on Websites and the Internet.
http://eddievelez.net/wp-content/uploads/The-Secrets-of-Successful-Inventing.pdf
Post 79 • IP   flag post
bruceldouglas private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I am Bruce Douglas, an aspiring copy writer and digital marketer. I am a tech industry refuge and currently in the SF Bay Area. Look forward to learning more (and sharing) here about digital marketing including content, email, inbound, affiliate and even video marketing.
Post 80 • IP   flag post

Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Get busy for two days and look what happens! So many great new members to the group. I won't try to mention you all but I offer each an open "Welcome!" and I look forward to meeting and chatting with you over the coming days, weeks, years...

I noticed reference to dog lovers above. Let me refer all dog lovers here to the website of good friends of mine, John & Kimberly, who run Dog Lover Store http://dogloverstore.com/ It is a commercial website but it may be inspiration for lots of good articles.
Post 81 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@bruceldouglas

We love pro marketers here.

Welcome!
Post 82 • IP   flag post
niliz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I'm Nili. I founded a digital marketing agency 3 years ago with a focus in B2B tech. I'm based in the SF Bay Area and looking forward to sharing my expertise and learning from the folks here.
Post 83 • IP   flag post
@Rev

We love referrals from people we have learned to trust.
Post 84 • IP   flag post
@Sagekreyol

Be sure you are logged-in to the forum and see if clicking the links works. Maybe @Belew is just providing a link to the general forum page in order to encourage signups. The link to an individual thread should end with a number.
Post 85 • IP   flag post
Sondrac6 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I'm Sondra. I have an interest in learning and teaching online marketing.
Post 86 • IP   flag post
@Sondrac6

Welcome, Sondra.

After you learn and begin teaching online marketing ... then what?
Post 87 • IP   flag post
Laurieawe private msg quote post Address this user
First a small piece of housekeeping. The welcome email still points to Thread #3. Must mean this forum is getting lots of action. That is a good thing as one of the marketing methods I want to explore is forum marketing. I am discovering the people, dogparks and waterways of America as a digital nomad. I am an affiliate for Six Figure Mentors. I am developing a tribe consisting of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook users. My target audience are those looking to get from Point A to Point B faster and by a more direct route. We do this by visualizing, strategizing and taking action. I blog on the Digital Bloggers platform and my own website is in incubation. I consider Wednesday as my blogging day. I am on the right path it is simple going to take more of everything. More posts, more engagement, more people seeing my lead capture pages and more people enticed to put in their emails.
Post 88 • IP   flag post
Thanks for the suggestion. It turns out that that's not the problem. I

The following link was listed as a post on Twitter with the message
Business Blogging as a Content Marketing Strategy - tip #13 - plus alpha 2 of 4
https://t.co/qyXbu3YNmY

As you can see, it takes you to the generic forum page.

In another case, a link was posted that does lead you to an actual article. See below

Do You Use Filler Words When You Write/Talk?
https://t.co/jtuzwSTv5o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
@Sagekreyol

Be sure you are logged-in to the forum and see if clicking the links works. Maybe @Belew is just providing a link to the general forum page in order to encourage signups. The link to an individual thread should end with a number.
Post 89 • IP   flag post
@Laurieawe

Great catch!! And my sincere apologies for the bad link direction.

It's fixed now.
Post 90 • IP   flag post
Jcrooks89 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, i'm Jon i was invited to this site, i'm not acutely sure why, however I'm the guy who has to try something to form an opinion. So i'm hear and i'll more or less read anything. not really the guy who talks about himself. If you want to know my dream, its okay i'll say it. I want to unite the government of Canada. I feel that younger generations need to feel inspired about our political system. I see dog fights and cat fights in the house. It gives me a tremendous feeling of shame watching our government fight and slam each other the way the do.
Post 91 • IP   flag post
@Jcrooks89

You guys do that up north? It's no better south of the border.

This is a forum for marketers and folks wanting help with getting the word out effectively.

Welcome.
Post 92 • IP   flag post
Jcrooks89 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, thank you and yes its bad. Unlike the states Canadians need a special sense of humor. But my generations is learning very fast.
Post 93 • IP   flag post
loanoriginator5 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Guys,

My name is David Thomas. I am a Residential Mortgage Consultant and you can find more information about me here: https://www.facebook.com/DavidThomasMortgageTeam

Looking forward to learning marketing and sales strategies that will help us grow. What are 3 unique qualities that make you referable?

In my line of business, I heavily depend on referrals from Realtors, Current Clients, and Past clients. It's not good enough to give a common answer to this question to make yourself stand out to the consumer as there are thousands of Loan Officers that would take the business and give a similar answer.

Here are my 3 unique qualities that I bring to the table when I discuss adding value to their business:
1. I consult with each one of our clients to peel away the layers and get down to what's important to them.
2. I Negotiate with underwriting and third parties to ensure we meet our clients needs
3. I get paid to manage our clients fears and expectations. Our client will have peace of mind knowing we will be taking care of their real estate needs.

What are your 3 unique qualities?
Post 94 • IP   flag post
TimeFinder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, everyone, I'm Mitzi.

My company is TimeFinder and I am a coach, workshop leader, professional speaker and author. I help people develop good habits & techniques to reduce stress which can result from procrastinating, feeling disorganized and overwhelmed and rushing to get done things done at work and/or at home. The results are that my clients feel more confident and they build their credibility with stakeholders. Recently I started a new coaching initiative to help people speak with confidence.

For clients that are long distance, I Zoom! My newsletter is called OnTime!

My website: www.TimeFinder.net
Here is a video to learn more about TimeFinder: https://youtu.be/URuzcxFDdjw

I look forward to getting to know you!
Post 95 • IP   flag post
@TimeFinder

I was going to read this later...nut decided now is better. No procrastinating here. 8-) I wish that were the norm for me.

We love professionals here. Welcome!

What is your marketing strategy?

Can you share?
Post 96 • IP   flag post
Raquel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, my name’s Raquel and I’m an insurance professional with over 15 years of experience in the Property & Casualty insurance industry. I have a coaching certification from International Coach Federation which I obtained when I worked as a corporate trainer. I currently use coaching extensively as part of my job in insurance claims.

I'm passionate about writing and communication so I decided to launch a B2B writing and content marketing business. I want to share whatever I can here and also figure out how to gain traction with my online business.
Post 97 • IP   flag post
GillesZimmermann private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everybody!

I had introduced myself on the wrong thread so here I feel at home (already)

I´m a musician/composer going for the "musicpreneur" strategy (basically do everything alone, not relying on anybody to do everything from writing music to marketing and advertising and sell it). Especially as my music making is NOT the mainstream kind relying on copying other´s music genre (I created - I should say: I AM my own). And that means there aren´t that many blogs and site around which promote this kind of music.

I´m looking for original ways to attract people & sales from open-minded people (I call my music "open-minded music" without being to pushy about it, and avoid as much as possible the annoying superlatives that too many people use, which I find tends to consider potential clients as morons. I should probably add that I´m not a very proficient writer, and not very keen on writing 100s of blogpages...

So that´s why I´m here for, folks! Already grateful for whatever advice I can get here!

Just in case, my site is www.gilles-zimmermann.com

Gilles
Post 98 • IP   flag post
@GillesZimmermann

What are you doing now that is working?

Or have tried to do to gain an audience that is not working?
Post 99 • IP   flag post
@GillesZimmermann

You say, "And that means there aren´t that many blogs and site around which promote this kind of music."

I hate to start out by disagreeing but, even though I know little about "this kind of music", I expect if you look around you will quickly find hundreds.

That said, I wonder if you could teach me to play music. I don't know that I have much rhythm in me -- I don't hear music in my head or anything -- and I really don't want to learn pacing or notes or timing or all those other music-techy things. I'd just like to pick out a couple of catchy pieces and have you teach me how to play them so I can show off at parties. Do you think you could do that?

That paragraph says, about music, what I hear you saying about marketing and blogging. When you decide to get serious about out reach (which has to begin from a solid foundation) rattle my cage. I'm gruff, but I'm also glad to help others get on the right track. At the moment, all I can see about your marketing effort is missing the mark like an errant note.

Oh, and welcome to the group!
Post 100 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev

Thank you for your questions Rev, that´s a lot to think about and answer...

"An errant note", you´re absolutely right, it´s exactly what I feel (and why I´m here)! I´m learning by doing, basically, adding bits here and there on my way.

It´s mostly because I have so many posts to cater for (it´s not only getting new followers/registered, it´s also aiming at product placement and supervisors). Though for the moment I don´t have enough productions to show, which sorts of slows me down as to what´s the point of marketing something if you don´t have enough products to sell?

And for this very reason I haven´t really started looking for these "many blogs and site" which I´m sure there is (I meant to write my text as short as possible, putting the accent on doing everything on my own), but will have to find them yet.

I should say that I am actually still starting with the internet marketing, since last year I invested time and money into a more efficient computer, redo my website, learn video edit, as well as produce new music. I still haven´t implemented everything so that it would become a routine (I have my newsletter almost every week, but for Twitter, I´m still trying to figure out a proper introduction message). I should add that as a single father, one doesn´t have that much time for all this.

Instead of producing a complete new CD, I decided this year to release a single a month, building up a complete CD over the coming year (the Satie covers) and allowing me to advertise regularly. It took me some time to find the proper online distribution service, and just found it in TuneCore. My "first" releases there will be from the 13th of January, then it will be on all these portals like Spotify, I-tunes and so on.

As to teach you music, sure, but I need more information, like do you have a instrument in sight? if you only want to sing some songs and accompany yourself, then you would have to get a guitar or a keyboard and learn to play some chords, the rhythm thing is not that complicated, I guess it´s like for blogging, you need to practice a little... Joining some local choir can anyway be very useful, because you learn in a group, though there is the choice of the repertoire...
Post 101 • IP   flag post
@Belew
well what is working is keeping friendly exchanges with people over time, either registered or on Twitter.

I agree on targeting the wrong audience sometime. In the recent weeks I thought that because of the way I think about music, the audience should be more of the alternative media, I tried to get to the French & German audience, but it seems there more interested in news than music, I guess I´ll have to look in an other direction.

Music marketers advise to pick potential followers in the audience of 10 other comparable musicians, but I have my problem with their genre most of the time, they´re mostly stuck on their kind, and my rather politically incorrect tweets seems to put them off...

But yes, I´m doing a lot of thinking on this subject of finding the right audience!
Post 102 • IP   flag post
Chessie private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

I am a virtual assistant to my husband who is an author, as yet unpublished. He plans to self-publish one novel (already written) and hopes to find a traditional publisher for a second one (half-written). He is slowly building up his author platform but the hardest thing is to know how to find his ideal readers, apart from offering a free prequel to 1st novel , which he plans to do soon.

I think this is a terrific forum and people are so generous with their advice and sharing their experiences.

Chessie
Post 103 • IP   flag post
@Chessie

What are the books about?

Finding readers are being found?

I meet weekly with a writing friend and we talk about these things.

Does your husband want to write for readers? or does he want to write what he wants and be found by people who care about what he cares about?

Big difference, I think.

Where have you started building the platform? His own site, Twitter, Facebook ... somewhere else? Some combination?

We have some very successful writers here and platform builders, too.
Post 104 • IP   flag post
Winsome1 private msg quote post Address this user
@Chessie I am an author and platform- building coach. What genre is your husband's book written for?

I have many questions but here is a good place to start. : https://authorsuccessacademy.leadpages.co/28-day-challenge/

There is a link within this lead magnet that will point him towards a Facebook community for platform building. Thanks!
Post 105 • IP   flag post
23840 328 30
destitute