BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official Introduce Yourself Thread #42068

GillesZimmermann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev

Thank you for your questions Rev, that´s a lot to think about and answer...

"An errant note", you´re absolutely right, it´s exactly what I feel (and why I´m here)! I´m learning by doing, basically, adding bits here and there on my way.

It´s mostly because I have so many posts to cater for (it´s not only getting new followers/registered, it´s also aiming at product placement and supervisors). Though for the moment I don´t have enough productions to show, which sorts of slows me down as to what´s the point of marketing something if you don´t have enough products to sell?

And for this very reason I haven´t really started looking for these "many blogs and site" which I´m sure there is (I meant to write my text as short as possible, putting the accent on doing everything on my own), but will have to find them yet.

I should say that I am actually still starting with the internet marketing, since last year I invested time and money into a more efficient computer, redo my website, learn video edit, as well as produce new music. I still haven´t implemented everything so that it would become a routine (I have my newsletter almost every week, but for Twitter, I´m still trying to figure out a proper introduction message). I should add that as a single father, one doesn´t have that much time for all this.

Instead of producing a complete new CD, I decided this year to release a single a month, building up a complete CD over the coming year (the Satie covers) and allowing me to advertise regularly. It took me some time to find the proper online distribution service, and just found it in TuneCore. My "first" releases there will be from the 13th of January, then it will be on all these portals like Spotify, I-tunes and so on.

As to teach you music, sure, but I need more information, like do you have a instrument in sight? if you only want to sing some songs and accompany yourself, then you would have to get a guitar or a keyboard and learn to play some chords, the rhythm thing is not that complicated, I guess it´s like for blogging, you need to practice a little... Joining some local choir can anyway be very useful, because you learn in a group, though there is the choice of the repertoire...
Post 101 • IP   flag post
GillesZimmermann private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew
well what is working is keeping friendly exchanges with people over time, either registered or on Twitter.

I agree on targeting the wrong audience sometime. In the recent weeks I thought that because of the way I think about music, the audience should be more of the alternative media, I tried to get to the French & German audience, but it seems there more interested in news than music, I guess I´ll have to look in an other direction.

Music marketers advise to pick potential followers in the audience of 10 other comparable musicians, but I have my problem with their genre most of the time, they´re mostly stuck on their kind, and my rather politically incorrect tweets seems to put them off...

But yes, I´m doing a lot of thinking on this subject of finding the right audience!
Post 102 • IP   flag post
Chessie private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

I am a virtual assistant to my husband who is an author, as yet unpublished. He plans to self-publish one novel (already written) and hopes to find a traditional publisher for a second one (half-written). He is slowly building up his author platform but the hardest thing is to know how to find his ideal readers, apart from offering a free prequel to 1st novel , which he plans to do soon.

I think this is a terrific forum and people are so generous with their advice and sharing their experiences.

Chessie
Post 103 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Chessie

What are the books about?

Finding readers are being found?

I meet weekly with a writing friend and we talk about these things.

Does your husband want to write for readers? or does he want to write what he wants and be found by people who care about what he cares about?

Big difference, I think.

Where have you started building the platform? His own site, Twitter, Facebook ... somewhere else? Some combination?

We have some very successful writers here and platform builders, too.
Post 104 • IP   flag post
Winsome1 private msg quote post Address this user
@Chessie I am an author and platform- building coach. What genre is your husband's book written for?

I have many questions but here is a good place to start. : https://authorsuccessacademy.leadpages.co/28-day-challenge/

There is a link within this lead magnet that will point him towards a Facebook community for platform building. Thanks!
Post 105 • IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@Chessie

What are the books about?

Finding readers are being found?

I meet weekly with a writing friend and we talk about these things.

Does your husband want to write for readers? or does he want to write what he wants and be found by people who care about what he cares about?

Big difference, I think.

Where have you started building the platform? His own site, Twitter, Facebook ... somewhere else? Some combination?

We have some very successful writers here and platform builders, too.

My husband is writing political thrillers, short stories on a Holocaust theme and, in the future, war novels and hopefully screenplays too. If he lives long enough!

He definitely writes what he wants to write and then hopes to find people who will want to read his work.

He has a website with a blog (@eddievelez), has probably wasted a lot of time with a Facebook author page, has a Twitter profile and is on LinkedIn and GooglePlus (minimally) .Recently we discovered Postwaves.com too.

I expect we can learn a lot from this forum. Thanks again, @BillBelew for the opportunity.
Post 106 • IP   flag post
eddievelez private msg quote post Address this user
What's his website, @Chessie?
Post 107 • IP   flag post
@Winsome1 Thanks for the link. I'll let him know.
Post 108 • IP   flag post
@bruceldouglas

I missed your intro earlier.

Welcome.

Which if the marketing strategies do you consider your strength?
Post 109 • IP   flag post
GregDurette private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings to all,

Bill, thank you for inviting me to your blog and offering this opportunity to introduce myself. I don’t want to waste anyone's time but do want to give a quick run-down as to who I am and what we do so folks can decide quickly if they want to learn more.

As founder of Future Secured Financial, I work throughout the country teaching individuals, families and businesses how to use complex financial products such as Annuities, Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Insurance to protect and provide for a safe and secure Retirement, Estate Legacy and Life.

A proud point of note; not a single one of my clients has lost so much as a single penny to market losses in the entire 33 years I have been in the business.

I am also the host of the nationally distributed podcast radio show “Wicked Insurance Matters Radio Show with Greg Durette”, heard live every Wednesday, 8:30 – 9:00am CDT on BlogTalkRadio.com and via direct link. All shows are archived and can be found on ITunes, BlogTalkRadio.com and www.FutureSecuredFinancial.com. You can also find some of my many other radio and TV appearances on my website as well.
Additionally, I regularly post various educational videos (a.k.a. rants) on my YouTube channel, “Future Secured Financial with Greg Durette”.
I am proud to have been able to help so many people at all stages of life feel better about where they are headed. When your family is secure, you are secure. When you are secure, you can focus on the many other important and enjoyable parts of your life.

Our approach is simple. Plan for your life, be it long or short. Provide for both and never outlive your money.
I only just recently fulfilled a lifelong dream of relocating from Cape Cod, Massachusetts to NW Florida with my wife, Joceley, an Oral Surgical Assistant working in Miramar Beach and our youngest daughter, a graphics arts designer. We have 4 adult children in total ranging in age from 19 to 28 years old.
Feel free to avail yourself of all the resources made available on the above mentioned sources and reach out if you want learn more…or just have a chat about something important to you.

I look forward to the opportunity to be of service.

Be well,

Greg Durette
www.FutureSecuredFinancial.com
Gdurette@FutureSecuredFinancial.com
Direct: (978) 509-2941
Post 110 • IP   flag post
Papis private msg quote post Address this user
Hello
I'm student and artist who can do many thing ...I'm here for you...I from in Sénégal.
I can speak french if you like
Post 111 • IP   flag post
@Papis

You can do many things. But what do you do best?

What do you want to do most?
Post 112 • IP   flag post
patbel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I am Patrick,an easy going, fun loving guy, who likes music, movies, football and entertaining friends and family. I am also a bit of a comedian and just love to make people laugh. My interests include marketing and internet technology.
Post 113 • IP   flag post
@patbel

We love to laugh!

What's your best, clean, joke? abt marketers/marketing?
Post 114 • IP   flag post
eddievelez private msg quote post Address this user

Post 115 • IP   flag post
NoahsArkRugs private msg quote post Address this user
Hello I am Economics graduate from Istanbul/Turkey. Also I run a shop in Etsy where I try to sell handmade Rugs and Kilims from various tribes and regions. Check out our shop on etsy.com/shop/NoahsArkRugs
Post 116 • IP   flag post
@NoahsArkRugs

What's the connection with Noah's Ark?
Post 117 • IP   flag post
NoahsArkRugs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@NoahsArkRugs

What's the connection with Noah's Ark?

My aunt gave that name, she likes old stories. As far as I remember she told my parents that we should be saving those handmade rugs to the new world. That's a little funny but does not have very deep meaning.
Post 118 • IP   flag post
DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
Hello to any forum members reading this....I just joined at the urging of a fellow LinkedIn contact who I connected with yesterday on December 24th. I note Bill's notice when I initially joined that we can introduce ourselves here. Ive been a fulltime cartoonist for over 35 years, and in that time span have illustrated books, powerpoint, web pages, print advertising, calendars, posters and more. My initial market were magazines, in which I circulated my single panel gags to....and was lucky enough to get published in magazines like Barron's, Saturday Evening Post, Reader's Digest, Good Housekeeping and a plethora of trade journals and regional publications. Many of my book illustration projects appear on Amazon if you type my name into their search function. Years ago I moved my work online and make over 5000 images available for licensing via my DansCartoons image licensing database. My bio page, cartoon merchandise and various portfolio pages can be instantly accessed by clicking my link below.
If you can recommend other resources which may benefit a cartoonist, feel free to contact me via the form on my site or email me directly at my business email address you can access on the site. Thank you and am happy to be here!

Cartoon Images for Reprinting

Simply click on upper left where the three bars appear and a dropdown allows you to access portfolio pages etc.
Post 119 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons

How did you get started in to cartooning?

My daughter and I are huge Charles Shultz fans.

Post 120 • IP   flag post
MrLeon private msg quote post Address this user
Salutations to all members here!

I would like to formally introduce myself. My name is Richard Leon and I am a writer, game designer, blogger, and humanitarian.

I spent 4 years in the Marines and served honorably. I also spent 9 years as a govt contractor working on electronic warfare programs. I got out of that business and now I am stateside selling cars for a living.

I do have a passion for writing and game design. Since I was in middle school I loved dungeons and dragons. This along with many books has fueled my creative fires.

I did operate a software company for a short time. I had to shut it down due to lack of funding. But I learned how to manage software release along with more software design ideas. You can see the effects with my mastery of wordpress on my website here www.newgodsofmankind.net

I just released my second novel, my first print novel and my first fantasy novel called Dragon Gods Rising. It is out now on many platforms in PDF. But you can get it in print on Lulu. I went the self publishing route as I want to keep my own intellectual property.

I would love to hear from all of you and chat more. You can follow me on twitter @darkskullstudio

You can follow my growing blog here on Niume.com https://niume.com/profile/27099#!/posts

I look forward to interacting weekly here.

Sincerely,

Richard
Post 121 • IP   flag post
DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
Bill,

I got started in cartooning at 5 yrs. old....a basic desire drawing anything and everything. It wasn't until around high school (early on), I noticed these single panel cartoons in the back pages of magazines at the high school library....magazines like Boys' Life, Saturday Evening post and some educator trade journals....I thought "I can do that"....after seeing the same cartoonists getting published in these magazines over and over, I realized they had to be doing something right.
I began studying the gag panel cartoon market and started out like that....circulating a few cartoons to a few magazines, then to a few dozen magazines....until I had almost 2,000 single panel cartoons circulating at any given time to a wide variety of magazines, newsletters and trade journals. It's basically the simplest way I entered into it. As for Charles Schulz, he is revered in the cartoon world and I scoured all of the Peanuts anthologies, had the Peanuts collection pocket books and read all the daily and Sunday strips although I've grown weary of the old re-runs over and over. There are so many new features now appearing in papers across the country and on the internet. Good knowing you're a fan of the old school comics.

Dan
Post 122 • IP   flag post
@MrLeon

Welcome.

You are now stateside. Where were you before rhen?
Post 123 • IP   flag post
MrLeon private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

I worked overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. I loved the work. I have this mission oriented mentality. I did it for 9 years and enjoyed the challenges.
Post 124 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons

Curious to know what brought you here.

Re: fan of old school comics. ..i bought my 8-yr old daughtee complete sets of Peanuts strips from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. We live abt 100 miles south of the Snoopy Museum and have been there a couple of times.

She often references something Lucy or Linus said or Snoopy did, in her daily conversation.

Post 125 • IP   flag post
@MrLeon

Uncle Sam sent me to Japan (Navy) and after leaving the Navy I settled in ans stayed for nearly 20 years.

Thank you for your service.
Post 126 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings one and all! Trust everyone had a wonderful Christmas for those who choose to celebrate. Between early November and mid January, about 30 holidays are celebrated among the major religions with a focus on love and peace. So depending upon your faith, I wish you the very best.

I have been away for a bit and it's time to get back involved here and there.
Post 127 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

Happy to reconnect here, Morris. And wherever else we run into one another.

How's things?
Post 128 • IP   flag post
KThiruselvam private msg quote post Address this user
GREETINGS TO EVERYONE.

Searched and not found, I beleive we introduce ourselves here. My name is Thiruselvam K from malaysia. I am a blogger and actve in facebook (ThiruKThiruK) and in twitter and many more.

I have been in sales for many many years. Now I am active in MLM Networking Business with herbals, volunteering in charitable activities and busy with 3 grandchildren. Ia a 66.

My interest and passion for writing is to the Editos of local newspapers about social issues and filling my various blogs. Attempted self publishing but lack of funding and experiences ruined it (1974-1976) Need to attempt again.

My twitter is @KThiruselvam
My blog is at http://wonwedwom@blogspot.com
and many more blogs actually.

I look forward to be interactive, contribute and exchange ideas and views. Best wishes to all of you into 2017.
Post 129 • IP   flag post
@KThiruselvam

Glad to have you here!!

I was in Malaysia last year giving a workshop.

Did I see you there. 8-)

This is the place to learn how to do things right.

Ask away!
Post 130 • IP   flag post
25101 471 30
destitute