BillBelew.com
Content MarketingGenerate Content IdeasInfluencer MarketingNetworkingSocial Media

Best Ways to Get Engagement2087

Member tammysoffices private msg quote post Address this user
In another thread we were discussing author's and social proof, but brings up the question of engagement. What is your best way to get interaction on your social platforms? Which platform performs best for you and why do you think that is?

I know we can all have hundreds to thousands of connections on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc..., but most of the time, we are just curating and creating posts to throw out in front of them. What we all want most is engagement. So what are some strategies you use?

Ultimately I know it is about targeting the correct audience and those who will be interested in hearing from you and buying your product/service, so how do you know who this is?

As a recap, some things to discuss:
1. Best way to get interaction (engagement) on social sites?
2. Which platform performs best for you (in engagement)?
3. Why do you think that platform has more engagement?
4. What are some strategies you use to pull in people to engage?
5. How to you define your buyer persona?

I know a lot of questions, but they all kind of go together - esp. for the marketers in the group. Love to hear....
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@tammysoffices

Right, that's a lot of questions ... each worthy of its own discussion.

I'll go with number 1... for now.

Best way to get interaction - hang out with people you are interested in and who are likewise interested in you... or what you have to offer.

It used to be that advertisers through 'stuff' out there and hoped something worked. It became quite clear that they had to eventually target groups specifically to get better results = engagement = sales.

Along came social networks and sure enough people started wanting to get the biggest groups/numbers they could so they could put 'stuff' out there and hope something works.

What should be done = build your own loyal tribe on a platform that you can control, that can't be taken away. Use that platform for engagement.

For me, it's this forum.
2nd choice - Meetup.com. There, I can engage with people in a room F2F.

What's your answers? @tammysoffices
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@tammysoffices if you create content that answer the questions raised by your audience you will generate engagement... I'm not a massive fan of curated content as I much prefer to drive people to my own content as this maximises opportunities...

I have a webinar ready on buyers personas and USP... complete with workbooks, etc..
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Steve

And when do we get to see that webinar?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member skappal private msg quote post Address this user
@tammysoffices here are some thoughts around the questions that you posed. I have tried answering your questions one by one.

1. Best way to get interaction (engagement) on social sites?
Per my understanding the best way to get interaction on social sites is to generate content which is relevant to the site. Example: Posting Sales focused or as they call it “salesey” articles on knowledge enhancement portals or talking about home based earnings opportunities on the process improvement portals (these are based on my experience over the year on various professional and personal forums) will not cut the cookie.

2. Which platform performs best for you (in engagement)?
If you target the right platform with the right content I am sure you will be able to fetch ample amount of engagement. The key is “ability to adapt or camouflage”. In my case I have been able to generate decent amount of engagement on Linkedin, Niume, Wordpress etc. (not on all of my articles but on few of them) based on the audience and groups I focus to share my articles with. Few of my articles have also been featured on Technology Sphere on Niume and Big Data Group on LinkedIn.

3. Why do you think that platform has more engagement?
To put it in the simplest way “I do effective audience targeting”. Your next possible questions could be how to do targeting and the answer is to do opinion polls, use survey portals to generate audience interaction in order for you to understand what discussion types will get you better engagements.

4. What are some strategies you use to pull in people to engage?
I believe the above answer has the answer to this question as well.

5. How to you define your buyer persona?
It should comprise of three key elements which are their demographics, behavior pattern & motivation. You can get all this information by extracting information about your audience via the four questions that you asked.

Engagement: On Twitter when this metric is used in conjunction with the Tweet information will give you the understanding about the motivation or the interest of your audience. This will tell you what kind of Tweets are generating better engagement compared to others.

Platform: This will give you a better understanding of how you audience behaves when you share same information on various platforms and if I am not wrong there are platforms which can also provide demographic information related to you audience.

Survey Portals: This can cater to the need of generating targeted content based on the demography by devising surveys for your audience with inbuilt questions related to their likes and dislikes, age, location etc.
As a bones I would like to mention few website that can help you to extract this information for your audience and the icing on the cake is that they are free.

Quintly: (https://www.quintly.com/)
Free plans on Quintly let you access analytics for up to three Facebook pages, offering stats on the main engagement metrics (likes, comments, shares) plus stats on follower growth. When you add multiple pages, you can quickly see at-a-glance how the pages compare on the graphs.

Followerwonk: (https://followerwonk.com/analyze)
One of our favorite Twitter tools, Followerwonk shows you detailed breakdowns of your followers and activity. Click on the Analytics tab, enter a Twitter username (either yours or someone else’s), and view information on followers and following. See stats like when your followers are online, when you typically post, and how your followers fall into categories like social authority, activity, total tweets, and follower count.

Beevolve: (http://www.beevolve.com/)
The free plan at Beevolve lets you create and send social media messages with direct tracking on the dollars-and-cents ROI. Tell Beevolve how much it cost to create your content and how much you expect to receive per visitor, and Beevolve will handle the rest—sending the message, analyzing the response, and emailing you the report.

You can find more information about these free tools at: https://blog.bufferapp.com/social-media-analytics-tools

Parting Note: "If the knowledge remains with the knowledgeable than it becomes alchemy for others"
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member tammysoffices private msg quote post Address this user
wow lots of great answers @belew @steve & @skappal! I agree that you cannot just throw things at people, but will admit, as do many today, that engagement is becoming more and more difficult to get. Seems many are browsing, but not talking.

Thanks for the great shares @skappal - I will be looking at these! I have done surveys at different times, using the platforms survey options but have not received responses, so I guess I am asking the wrong questions.

I have also considered the 'create a community' idea, but not sure I have time to do (as you can see time is limited); yet we always NEED to be putting out content and cultivating relationships or our businesses will die. It is a fine line isn't it?

Which brings up another questions (I am full of them aren't I? Lol): How do you all manage the time to work on clients, educate yourselves, build audience and create content+ ? I would love to know some of your best time management and project management secrets also.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices

That last question of yours might warrant its own thread, eh?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
29401 7 7
destitute