BillBelew.com
Career AdviceContent MarketingLinkedInSEOWordPress

Professional Tagline2103

Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I have computing background and diploma in art.

After I work as a part-time assistant art teacher, I feel great that I can help the younger generation to develop their drawing skill.

I have just updated my linkedin site https://www.linkedin.com/in/tienny and looking for part time job opportunities as an art and IT teacher. Eventually, I still prefer a full-time job as a character designer cum concept artist.

Currently, I reset my wordpress site http://tienny.com and learning to market my skills through my blog.

I have been thinking on my tagline and attempting to improve it further. My tagline is "Being A Creative and Logical Storyteller".

Appreciate all your advises.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member tammysoffices private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @tienny - congrats on a move that seems to be in a direction you are passionate about. You may already know this, but tag lines should not only represent you/what you do, but really is to reach your customer. So if you think of that person that is a perfect fit for your services/work, who is that? Then think as they would and what do you think would catch their attention or make them stop and say...hmmm I want to check this out. It is to draw potential client/customer in so should be their language not your's or just about you.

I hope that makes a little sense. To me your current tag line says 'who' you are, but nothing about why I would look further or the services you are wanting to offer. Maybe even...'Creating a Generation of Creative & Logical Storytellers' [if that is the direction];; or possibly: 'Helping You become a Creative Logical Storyteller'. This puts it more on the person reading it - still tells what you do (if I am correct in that assumption..not sure) and yet talks to the potential customer.

I hope that helps a little. Love to hear what others say also.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member Nebrgenius private msg quote post Address this user
I have just joined so pardon my newness. I am writing a book, "A Decade on Wall Street in a Skirt" and my tagline is "The Shiksa from Nebraska". Does that work?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member Summerbay private msg quote post Address this user
@Nebrgenius I love the title but the tag line is confusing. I'm not sure what a Shiksa is so it doesn't grab me. Perhaps I'm not your target market though, and only people who know what that means will be attracted to it.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@tienny Who is your target market, and will that tag line mean something to them? It seems a bit contradictory to me.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Thank you for your input. Shiksa is yiddish for a non-Jewish woman. I had to learn yiddish to communicate on Wall St.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Nebrgenius Being from the west coast of Canada, I would have to assume that the book has nothing to do with me, when in fact, it may have a lot, since I am also a woman in business. Titles are tricky and must appeal to your target audience to achieve the goal of selling books.

(BTW, I'm a writer, publishing consultant, and book designer.)
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices @summerbay My target market is to teach arts and coding in primary and secondary schools. So those are my marketable skills. Most of the time, I always think in others' perspective rather than mine. Now I have been thinking how I can add value. I realise that I can still write coding during my previous temporary job.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@tienny now I am more confused. I had understood a little in first comment, thus why I mentioned 'Creating a Generation...'. What specifically are you creating the tag line for? Is it for teaching or coding?

@Nebrgenius I have to agree with that your tag line will not reach as many of your target audience as you could with something else. 'Competing with the pants, even in a skirt'? Probably not great example but at least talking to women esp. those who are trying to work in fields where men dominate. Hope that helps a little.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Growing Up and Parenting Bi-cultural Chinese-American Children in Silicon Valley is my daughter's tagline.

BEST tagline ever.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Nice. My children are bi-cultural also, Polish/American raised in the O C.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Nebrgenius

I am working on a book on raising bi-cultural children....
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Hmmm...
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices The tagline is to teach coding and creativity to the younger generations. Is there a better way to write the tagline clearly? 💨
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@tienny here a few that came to mind: 'Creating a Generation of Coders & Creatives'? or 'Teaching a Generation to Code & Create' or ['Helping Your Generation (can put in 'Generation X' or whatever generation you are speaking to here) to Code & Create'] so would say 'Helping Generation X Code & Create' or 'Teaching' instead of 'help'. One last one:
'Creative Coding for Gen Xers'

You could take any of those really and personalize to match your need. You want to speak to the person you who is going to buy it. Hope it helps some. Let us know what you decide.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices Wow 😃 Thanks a bunch.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Finally, I choose the tagline 'Creating a Generation of Creative & Logical Storytellers' and have updated my site's tagline.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
29624 17 17
destitute