BillBelew.com
AnalyticsBloggingContent MarketingSEOSEO Advice

Does anyone care about Yoast readability?2116

Sagekreyol private msg quote post Address this user
I use a Yoast SEO plug-in and there is something called the Flesch Reading Ease score, which I completely ignore. Does anyone try to optimize for this?

https://yoast.com/flesch-reading-ease-score/
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Simple answer nope I don't worry about it, I don't worry about SEO full stop... once you've got the basics setup correctly it's more volume of posts and basic formatting...
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I never use Yoast. I agree fully with @Steve.

Yoast for me is double work.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
I just let the words flow - and not worry about Yoast SEO
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagekreyol

While @Steve is absolutely right, more content will win every time, the question is "more than who?"

The Flesch Reading Ease score, and other aspects of your writing ARE factors in Google's various indexing algorithms and if you are not writing more than your competitors -- or your competitors are also writing a significant amount of content as well -- then these factors can matter when it is about getting from page 2 to page 1 or from spot 7 on page one to spot 3, etc.

When you get down to the last spots in a competitive field all factors will matter. What you do with them is up to you.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
iamwormify private msg quote post Address this user
I use Yoast readability. Before, I didn't really care much for it.

And, what I happened to notice is that I write a blog post, then go back to improve the readability score - and it reads much smoother.

My writing style before: Used to be long detailed paragraphs, and it's changing to be more like Alex from Groove HQ's style.

With Yoast readability - it's all about writing small sentences, splitting content up into paragraphs, a lot of connecting words etc.

Here's an example of an article I wrote that only used Yoast-style in the first paragraph (and all of the content that follows after the first paragraph wasn't edited for Yoast -aka all of the quotes from founders = not edited for Yoast): http://blog.ghacklabs.com/30-founders-share-content-marketing-tips/

Here's an article I wrote with a perfect Readability and SEO score: http://blog.ghacklabs.com/linkedin-marketing-secrets-exposed/

If you see the difference between the first article and the second - (hopefully) you'll notice that the second one reads a lot smoother ... I spent a couple of hours adjusting and modifying it for Yoast Readability.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
I have used readability long before Yoast thought it was important. It has been part of MS Word for a very long time. Turn it on under the Review tab.

Newspapers have long been written to a 12 year old or sixth grade level. At that level the content is easy to read, even for highly educated people.

When someone tries to sell a service to me, I ask them to sell as if I am that age. If they don't I forget them. If they do, then I know that person has the ability to convey the message that is easily understood by my market.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Yoast is useful for beginners. It's also double work. You end up repeating or rewriting = redundant.

Follow a few basic rules and you need not use the plug in. I have never used it and don't plan to start.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
24956 8 8
destitute