BillBelew.com
Facebook

Facebook is doing a good job of becoming a .2119

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Time suck.

Is this happening to anybody else but me?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member ChuckNolan private msg quote post Address this user
Except for a few, who enjoy sharing family pictures, Facebook is a waste of time. LinkedIn has a poor user interface, but the basic content is more usable.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
Like anything: It depends on the context. Some markets and audiences respond well on FB... and some people like me like to spend time being distracted by Facebook. What did you say again and who are you Bill?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I notice that many seniors 50+ are focusing more on Facebook than on Twitter or LinkedIn. This fact led me to posting more business oriented material on Facebook.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur useful to hear. Are you doing ads to seniors?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran No Ads yet. I'm trying to build a sales funnel where I am the go to guy in Canada for seniors 50+ on the topics of lifelong learning & senior entrepreneurship. My only product so far is a book. www.amazon.com/Encore-Seniors-50-Entrepreneurs/dp/1493793608 I notice that the top authorities in my subject area (outside of Canada) find me on Facebook.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member tammysoffices private msg quote post Address this user
@Seniorpreneur I would have to agree with you! I have noticed this as well. Are you seeing any success with the ads? And what are you advertising (do sell products or services & type)? Thanks!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur Great to hear. That sounds like a great niche. Curious: not sure this will fly and I may have to research, Have you thought about a meetup strategy to go along with it?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices To date I have done some personal interviews in Canada and also some work on discussions like this one. Senior entrepreneurship is a though sell in Canada. In the USA you have more business support groups like AARP (American Association of Retired Persons or `Real Possibilities`,SBA (Small Business Administration)& SCORE (Mentors). In Canada the focus is on the under 40 entrepreneurs with the rest of us being put out to pasture before our time. While the Federal Government in Canada focuses more on Healthcare & Pension Reform As I mentioned before I haven`t advertised yet and my only product so far is a book. Also, I talk about the senior issues in Canada on my Blog. http://seniorpreneur.wordpress.com which I suspended because of frustration.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran Yes, I have thought about a meetup strategy. I'm currently doing a market research to see what other Seniorpreneur meetups are doing around the World. A good example is the one in Australia. They have regular meeting on selected topics. Unfortunately, I think that we need to go back to basics eg. if your going to be a Seniorpreneur in a Meetup you should at least have a business idea to talk about. 90% of these attendees don't have a clue what entrepreneurship or a NEW business idea is. As a result, there is no critical mass being developed in that Australian meetup. On the other hand, there is a meetup in the UK where on a Saturday afternoon they could get 250 people together to discuss entrepreneurship. In this group the older entrepreneurs are welcomed to come in with the younger entrepreneurs and learn from each other. However; it's not cheap to create a quality meetup group.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur - Where are you located?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran I'm based in Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Teacher Winsome1 private msg quote post Address this user
FB is an amazing tool if that is where your demographic is hanging out. If your demographic is 45+, you are in the right place. I use FB ads to list build and have quadrupled my list size in 2016.

Starting a FB community around your movement/ topic on FB is also a great way to have more connection. Building a community of only people who are interested your message, creates a place for you to share your content and expertise.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
I have an aversion to building my presence on someone else's platform.

Yeah, I know I have claimed my space on them, but if at any point something changed...and they always do, I will not be overly affected.

It's not a matter if (insert social network) changes... but when.

How many times has something changed thst you had no control over and it forced you to change your strategy?

Not for me.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Great point Bill. However, it is also a place to bring the people from that platform into yours with a good opt- in. Just in the last week, I have transitioned 92 people from FB into my list.

I know many people who have experienced a transition that they had no control over in social media and lost their following. That is WHY it is so important to transition them into your list.

One of my best buddies had a very popular monthly magazine on My Space. She got over 300,000 hits an month and made a living from the ad revenue. When MySpace became obsolete, so did her income. To this day she laments the fact that she did not have people opt- in to get the magazine.

It can be done!
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@Winsome1

Spot on... getting them from there to here (your list).

How much of your strategy for getting ppl from FB on to your list are you willing to share with the group here?
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@Winsome1 Sounds like a great strategy for writers to use to build their audience!!!!!
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur I am curious to learn more about what you are trying to do with the senior crowd. What is the service or product or intention? Or are you in the midst of determining?

My interest is to see if a meetup strategy really does make sense As you may know, Bill and I run a meetup organization comprising of about 28,000 members in the Silicon Valley area of CA. We have done business successfully with this audience: I just wanted to see if we could help you.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@seniorpreneur.....Sunil's program is pretty amazing!I am in it right now and my first meet-up event is full! Yipppeeee
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Winsome1 Awesome to hear! More good stuff to come!!
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@Winsome1

Spot on... getting them from there to here (your list).

How much of your strategy for getting ppl from FB on to your list are you willing to share with the group here?

Simple....put together 3 great lead magnets that will entice your niche audience/ ideal reader and run targeted FB ads. If you have a community online, put an opt-in once a week and invite them to step up to a higher level of commitment.You only want really committed people in your list!
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@Winsome1 knows what she is doing with writers!
Post 22 • IP   flag post
@Winsome1

Speaking of Meetups...

What if after you grow your Meetup group size you combine your audience and your offer with our audience and our offer with your audience - when it makes sense, of course - ... then the Meetup reach becomes even more powerful, eh?
Post 23 • IP   flag post
@Belew and @Winsome1 - yep meetup can be built up with Joint Venture partnerships too over time. Bill and I are approached very frequently - the majority of them are not good deals - like in any situation - but it is much 'nicer' being chased than to be the 'chaser'.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
That is a great idea! My coach has a launch concept we call the "inner Circle" launch. Your meet up is the perfect group for that because you meet in person.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
28112 25 25
destitute