BillBelew.com
Meetups

We are 8x Average Meetup Membership / group2126

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Meetup conversion ...

You might have to enlarge the image to see the numbers better.

Post 26 • IP   flag post
Meetup visits by way of Google organic.

Might have to enlarge again ... this is for just one of @sunilbhaskaran's groups.

Post 27 • IP   flag post
Teacher SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
@Bill: Do you have a larger image for that one? Hard to read. Or send me your original so I can try to expand it. Send me via email.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran

You can control plus your keyboard to see a larger one.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Member tammysoffices private msg quote post Address this user
@belew and @Steve - do I need say, 'boys, boys, let's not pull out the big guns...' lol

Very interesting discussion...Sorry to have asked question myself, but still do not think got clear answer to that either.

So...not attacking or trying to 'hit nerve' just curious as to what the cost to join meet up (I know different groups meet at different times), but overall cost? Is there a yearly fee/monthly fee, etc...

Then..and you started to hit on it @belew... is what do these groups do for your bottom line really? Do these groups bring money into your companies? Or are you just meeting for coffee and lunch buddies, discussing all kinds of things, including consulting for free (you know the kind) but nobody signing up and giving you real business?

I am in a networking group right now, that I am just now getting some business (after a year of networking)...have to build that trust I suppose. So hope those questions do not cause a 'ruckus' this time fellows.
Post 30 • IP   flag post

One last question, it sounds like @belew and @SuniBaskaran have a program about Meet up groups - is this correct? What is the cost of this?
Post 31 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices

For abt $90 for 6 mnths paid to Meetup you can pitch up to 3 ideas to build your own Meetup group around. Once approved by Meetup you can set your own rules ... charge or offer them up for free.

You can go after a big number or a small number.

You can try to put bums in seats or you can use the group to build a list
..there is an email internal interface.

Or you can build some combination of the two.

When we were at 13K members we offered 13 webinars over 13 weeks. We had 1300 ppl opt in for the webinars and 20 ppl sign up for a weekend training event that we upsold to and 13 paid us a cumulative amount over 6 figures for a years worth of training.

Done right...and this you have to figure out what works for you ... Meetup is a great way to build an audience - physical, virtual or both.

I sometimes wish more ppl would turn out to meet me F2F...but here in the Valley, webinar style works better. Even so I overplayed the number of webinars we offered to the number of physical events and ran afoul of Meetup.

Meetup and I went round and round and ... well I'll tell that story another time. I have my Meetup groups and Meetup changed their policy for number of webinars allowed.

I now talk with them directly from time to time.

In short... or in long I guess. We have found a way to make Meetup work for us in our area. I know how to grow a group...i know how to find the balance with mtg them F2F and offering webinars. I know how to effectively use the email interface and I know how to do real business with my members.

Tomorrow we are teaming up with another group and between them and us we have abt 350+ RSVPs. Lots of business will be done and not just by me and my buddy Sunil.

Members will do business with one another and that's a good thing!

Does this answer your question?
Post 32 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices : the answer is yes. We have brought in money. And it has been in many ways: not just from the direct audience.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
@tammyoffices: The cost is currently $597: I can explain all the details : very simple - very high touch program (one on one calls with implementation customized advice) for six weeks = get your first meetup group going and your first event set up. Then one year of office hour weekly support in a group format online webinar style to help you continue to grow and build at your own pace. You can set up a time to talk here with me one on one to find out more and see if it makes sense :-) https://www.timetrade.com/book/X9852
Post 34 • IP   flag post
@steve RE: As to monetary figures... I don't hold much store by those... I was interested in proven engagement via your meetup groups ... guess I could look at your meetups and see how many attended... that's the beauty of meetups... nothing is hidden.
Sunil: Yes please do. YOu can find all our meetups here

Social Media and Networking Meetups in Silicon Valley

But like I said, money is coming to us from people finding us on meetup as well + sponsorships + other tactics that we teach. We do not have ALL the numbers to show this and I acknowledge that - it would be very difficult to show and prove it QED - but the proof is in the eating of the pudding - I am not sure why your meetups are not working as well for you - but if you show me your meetups, I can take a look and make some simple suggestions - but without diving in deep with you, it would be difficult to ascertain in a fuller and more meaningful way.
Post 35 • IP   flag post
Thank you @belew and @SunilBhaskaran YES that kind of explains it all - Meet up and your webinars. Thank you for being 'up front' on all, that is always appreciated. A little rich for my blood at moment, and cannot give enough time to 'meet up' to begin own group but thought of visiting one to see what was like. I am sure we have many in our area. Between client work, family, church and the one networking group that is pretty much enough for me.

I am always looking for ways to grow though and bring on more clients and be able to empower more disabled professionals. So if meet up will help that, I may take a look at it. Thank you gentlemen!
Post 36 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices

Not at all. A Meetup strategy is not for everyone ....

I have a preacher friend that I play golf with ... he plays, I whack ... and he lets me use one of the rooms at the church ona regular basis. This is a big step for us ... having a meeting place.

Thanks for the question!
Post 37 • IP   flag post
@tammysoffices You are welcome ! :-)
Post 38 • IP   flag post
Member BigPoppi private msg quote post Address this user
Think I met you when you had about 5,000. The professor knows meet-ups!
Post 39 • IP   flag post
Announcing our free meetup trainings!

Here are some of the topics that we will be covering in these trainings: webinars and articles.

How to build an Offline Audience – people coming to see you live, face to face.

Why meetup can help you build an Online Audience as well (in fact, this benefit may outweigh the live face to face audience for some of you)?

How we build our own proprietary Forum online and engaged our audience effectively to create clients?

How to have Bigger Partnerships and Serious People come to you using meetup?

The Travelling Show Strategy using Meetups for those of you who love to expand and travel in your business.

How to leverage your Webinars and online events using Meetup and stay on the right side of meetup policies?

How to use meetup to Build Your Machine – Using Meetup with Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.?

How to set up systems to make meetup management easy and totally easy?

CLICK HERE to get access to our free trainings and a free report on Six Ways to Make Money In Your Own Business Using Meetup.com.
Post 40 • IP   flag post
Our initial batch of clients are now at 640 members total ... growing at 21 people per day.

That's pretty cool.

Last night one of them hosted their first Meetup and nailed it.

30+ people in the seats.
Post 41 • IP   flag post
Yep: Pretty cool. She just opened another meetup in Miami and it is already filling up as well. Also: another client just hit waiting list as well.
Post 42 • IP   flag post
Did you know that one meetup organizer can cross promote, cross present, over all collaborate with other Meetup organizers in other parts of the country?

That collaboration is where the power of Meetup grows exponentially.

We are facilitating that sort of collaboration in a private room here at the forum.
Post 43 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Love the creative editing that seems to have happened to this thread since I was last here... whole paragraphs, comments and even replies seem to have changed.

I guess the Christmas Fairy has been busy ...

Happy New Year Everyone.
Post 44 • IP   flag post
65 new members in our Meetup in one day (Yesterday) ... 210 new members in the first week of the year.

I wonder when it will be saturated.
Post 45 • IP   flag post
Re: Saturation.

I have a Meetup group in another city that I have never been to, but it still has grown to 415 members. What would it be if I actually showed up?
Post 46 • IP   flag post
We are teaming up with this local MU group.

They have 238 ppl RSVP to attend an event this Thursday.

Anyone from this group planning to attend?

I'll be there with rings and bells on in all the right places.
Post 47 • IP   flag post
This Meetup group has 120 RSVPs with more than 10 days to go (it grows when the time gets closer) to an event where I am the only presenter.

Sunil and i have abt the same number of RSVPs from our own groups.

Gain Traction and Grow Your User Base
Post 48 • IP   flag post
There are a bunch of members here in the forum who are local. Will I see you there?
Post 49 • IP   flag post
People who say numbers don't matter generally don't have any numbers to play with. (not always...)

I love playing with numbers but more so going beyond the analysis and actually acting on those numbers.

Not always successful, mind you ... but not for a lack of trying.

In this Meetup Thread ... I have some numbers to add.

In January, our Meetup membership grew by 861 members!
The forum membership grew by 249 members!

That's an aggregate growth of 1110 members.

But that's not all.

We have clients now who have asked us how to grow their Meetup groups.

Their Meetup membership combined grew by 1190 members!

That's 2,310 new members in one month.

Question: Can we get those people in a room and do business with them?

Answer: A resounding, "Yes!"

Here's a thread, with pics ... 150+ people at a Mega Meetup a couple of nights ago.

As a result of that one Meetup alone, a large funded start up has asked me to provide content for them.

That connection will result in a LOT more work for one or more of our teachers here in the forum... who will, in turn, be hiring writers from the forum.

I also got asked to mentor someone for the coming year. That's new territory for me. Someone actually wants to pay me to yell at them weekly. Well, not exactly yell.

AND ... that same start up asked if I would come present to his group.

AND ... another fellow with another group ... asked me ...

All that to say ... If you can't do business with real people via Meetup, it's probably not Meetup's fault. It's probably your problem.

Let's talk.
Post 50 • IP   flag post
29624 50 25
destitute