BillBelew.com
Brainstormingmarketing

Demystifying Influencers: what's your take?2137

Member NicholasBodell private msg quote post Address this user
Most of 2017 trends post lately talk about influencers and influencer marketing as a must add in your overall 2017 marketing strategy. Now, we took a swing at that topics with some cool people from business explain that phenomena here. But I sure would like to know what us 'common' folks think about it.

Please share your thoughts.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
@NicholasBodell Thank you for your post. I think it is like most things, more complicated and nuanced than most people think. To add my two cents - I would add the following.

a. Authenticity - influencers tend to show a strong alignment between what they say and what they do, they have originality in their content and ideas plus they have a depth that is balanced by an ability to explain that depth to the common man.
b. They define or declare an exciting and intriguing future that their readers could have.
c. Charisma: charismatic people do not care about being charismatic. They do not chase others too strongly; they get chased. People come to them as a tendency. They come because values, art and the future are the prime attracting forces.

I also add that ordinary folk really do have access to being influential - the resources it takes to become influential may not be only innate - these are resources that can be developed over time. I am borrowing a saying I used to hear from my old mentor - Extraordinary things get done by ordinary folks stretching themselves in extraordinary ways.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member Laurieawe private msg quote post Address this user
Just recently I determined that I wanted to be able to influence people to connect with their ability to make money doing what they love. I didn't want to "help" them, "inspire" them or "get" them to do it, I wanted to "influence". Meaning I wanted my words and actions to cause them to want to do certain things. This means making a change in what I do and becoming an authority in the area of being able to make money doing what you love.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@NicholasBodell

For most people it's about "Why they know." What influencer can they connect with.

Now it's about, "Who knows you?"

It's about putting yourself in the position to influence others.

What are you doing to get people to ask you to help them?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilBhaskaran
Extraordinary things get done by ordinary folks stretching themselves in extraordinary ways.

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little - extra.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I spoke to someone today who said a friend of his somehow connected with Richard Branson ... and it got their company noticed ... made all the difference.

Does anybody else have experience with influencers? Connecting with just the right person is what made the difference?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
29615 6 6
destitute