BillBelew.com
Introduction

Tech Blog and PR Marketplace Startup2144

Member iamwormify private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone!
Luke here. I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm working on two startup projects.
One of them I have a tech blog (a bunch of startup essays, experiments & founder interviews), plan to do something cool with this soon. And, the other project is a PR marketplace (like 99 Designs, but for getting press).

I live in Sydney, and have traveled and lived abroad. Love board games & talking about tech.

I try to pay things forward as much as I can. Feel free to ask me anything.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Luke:

If you might me interested in adding my daily web cartoon to your tech blog, I offer a single panel gag that changes on it's own, every 24 hours at midnight NYC time. The feature is controlled by a PHP script on my web host server. All that is needed is a simple line of code you can add in your HTML where you want t6he feature to appear.....I guarantee all cartoons scheduled are 100% family-friendly. Learn more about the cartoon here: https://danscartoons.com/services/daily-cartoon/ and is it at all possible to see the URL where your blog can be accessed? Thanks - Dan
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member eddievelez private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Luke. A pleasure to meet you. If I can be of help, please let me know. My website is www.eddievelez.net. I do startup consulting, marketing, creative writing, graphic and digital design, websites and social media.

Welcome to the community!

Eddie
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome - It is great to meet you. I love to share my knowledge around book publishing with @SumBay - if there is anything we can help you with, just ask...
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
@iamwormify Great to have you here. Curious about your PR platform in the future.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@iamwormify Hi Luke, great to meet another Aussie. You'll love it here. It's a great place to share and learn.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@DansCartoons what a fun idea, Dan. I'd love to learn more about how your cartoons are working for you.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
Hello SusanDay. I used to continually circulate my cartoons through the mail....ten cartoons, 20 cartoons or up to 50 per "batch" to select markets that showed an interest in my work or those who were regular buyers of my work. Overall, it consisted of keeping about 1,800 cartoons circulating at any given time. In the 70's-80's and 90's there were TONS of magazines buying cartoons of all types. Medical cartoons, business cartoons, health publications, and farming / agricultural magazines....I slanted work to almost every type of magazine, newsletter or tabloid I discovered.
Many of these publishers paid $10 per cartoon up to $150 for more well respected trade journals. I sold cartoons to the National Enquirer, Saturday Evening Post, Good Housekeeping, Saturday Review, National Lampoon etc. but the lesser competition was at the trade magazines (which I focused heavily on).
As the internet began to impact the print and publishing world, many of these publications lost advertising revenue to sites that offered similar advertising through banner ads etc. This impacted what I was doing, and overall, that market or money-earning potential was wiped out. Luckily I had a lot of personal clients I was and am still able to work with, I was "forced" to move my archive onto the internet. That resulted in years of studying HTML, coding, web editing and other software....it took years to perfect but I eventually got a decent online cartoon catalog archived and make available to creative directors, editors, publishers, authors, art directors, web editors and others through my https://danscartoons.com and I offer my "custom" cartoon services to the masses via my https://danscartoons.com/services/custom-illustrations . . . in fact, I just illustrated a custom Christmnas cartoon for a security company in Lincoln, Nebraska who found my portfolio online and assigned the color cartoon I am attaching with this post. Are you in Oz btw?

Post 8 • IP   flag post
29378 8 8
destitute