BillBelew.com
authorsBloggingHelp WantedInspirationPublic Speaking

Personal Blog on Asperger's Syndrome2213

Themeissenman private msg quote post Address this user
I never imagined my blog that I decided to write at the beginning of this year would emerge into an essay that I hope people who read can find cathartic as much as I do. I believe if you can be honest with yourself any emotional pain you have experienced that you can write about will benefit others.

During the explorations of my own life, I am beginning to realise how it is possible we all live more than one life simultaneously. Could it be because we live in more than one Universe without the awareness. Is this important or is more valuable just the acceptance.

Allow me to elaborate what percentage of the population spend their lives fighting and fearing themselves?

How are you feeling as you are reading my little thread? Do you feel emotionally strong? Are you pleased with where you are at with your lives? Would you like to become an emotionally stronger you? Do you feel alone? Are you afraid because you have been searching for your ideal partner for too long that this has made you further feel very rejected?

What if I told you your ideal life partner is you, does this make sense to you? In which directions are your fears driving you?

The beginning of 2015 is for me my life reborn and I write from the hand of the new me. My writing is full of words of honesty, transparency and wisdom. Read well, embrace it's wisdom is all I ask from you.

In 2002 aged 49, I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. I have my own thoughts about my diagnosis. However how many persons with a label become their label and how many of those who are labelled want to move beyond but do not know how?

If you are labelled by a condition you are neither the condition or the label. Try to think about who you and what you are capable of rather than fearing what you would prefer to be. Click here for my Personal Blog and learn how to adopt change into your life.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Themeissenman

It sounds to me, more than just something to share, you have something to teach. Have you looked at the classroom from a teacher's perspective?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Themeissenman In addition to being diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and your writing about race and gender issues what do you think about ageism and it's prevalence in today's society? Welcome to the group!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Themeissenman I admire your courage, and I think you make a valid point when you say your ideal partner is yourself. I also worry when people are labeled and then use that as a crutch, or perhaps excuse is a better word. Rather than using it as a means to become well again or manage their condition.

How is your blog coming along? Do you post regularly? What kind of response do you get?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Susan,

Yes wasn't it wonderful to know I had a label. That label was responsible for what didn't happen in my past. Yes it became my crutch, wonderful knowledge isn't it?

Manage a condition when you aren't even aware you have one, not so easy to adjust when you have gone half way through your life. Then the fun begins as the label takes over your life and you are powerless to prevent the inevitable. You have to understand autism to know how easy or challenging it is to manage without using it as a crutch just as gene scientist's are learning how to teach cells to heal themselves.

My Blog post began about a week ago so its in its infancy.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Themeissenman

Your blog seems to be un-reachable from the link above. Is it a typo or is it down?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Themeissenman I look forward to reading more.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Iwiyisi private msg quote post Address this user
@Themeissenman It takes some courage to write about some of the things you are writing about.
"Labelling"has good and bad aspects,from my personal experience.
I have a son who was diagnosed with ADHD years ago.
At that time, it was like a salve on my emotions, my heart and my mind to know this thing we had been dealing with had a name.I gained more understanding for my son,could support him better.
On the other hand,I had to learn to fight to ensure ADHD alone would not define his entire life,from the age of 4.
I know a thing or two about mental health and it features a lot on my blog. Have a look, see how I could help.
Have a great week.
Cecilia
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Cecilia,

Writing is the easy part, acquiring the courage a lot of nurturing. Since you mentioned Mental Health I have particular interest in @happyabbie on twitter. You would find rewarding what she writes about mental health stigma. In regard to your blog it would be helpful to have the link as just now it is invisible.

Laurence
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Themeissenman, sorry about that. Your blog is invisible too! Follow my social media links, if still not showing. It's @scheyerlec on Twitter.
(www.apexlife.com
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Themeissenman, It's www.apexlife.uk
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Themeissenman I think it's better to click on the profile name(iwiyisi at the top, then have a look at the profiles).
Post 12 • IP   flag post
26852 12 12
destitute