BillBelew.com
FacebookLinkedInSocial MediaTwitter

Social Media Ads Pros Cons2268

Galliher private msg quote post Address this user
want to hear all kinds of ideas. What worked a couple years ago doesn't work as well anymore. Everyone loves Facebook but the business pages aren't like the personal pages. It's not really user friendly. Platform's are always changing. Algorithms are always changing. I'm really interested in hearing about how the rules of social media have changed according to FTC Compliance. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the new rules for social media or websites. But ironically any lawyer you speak to, at least in the non-big city areas, aren't really involved with Internet Law.
Ads are all the rage now but they cost an arm and a leg. Seems you're looked down on if you aren't running multiple ad campaigns all the time.
Any thoughts?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Galliher

I have never paid for ads, nor will I.

I am working with a client now ... he has had 1900+ visits as a result of paid ads ... 18 secs per visit.

He's also gotten 1000 visits via organic search at 180 secs per visit that he didn't pay for ... except for the time to create the content.

The content that he put on his site will continue to perform for him ... the ads he bought? when he stopped paying they stopped coming.

Put good quality content on your site ... a lot of it and you will get better results. This has been true from the beginning and is the one thing that has NOT changed.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Galliher

There are a lot of things to unpack in your opening post. I'll respond a couple of times later this evening but for now let me just deal with the ads question...

1) I seldom, if ever, use a paid ad. I get all the traffic (and conversion) from organic and inbound methods. There is very little need to purchase advertising to get yourself out there.

2) I suspect most of the people raging about paid ads have a dog in the fight -- either they are selling you a system, or getting commissions on what they are promoting. It is them, and the people offering the ad space, who seem to be making the money.

My take-away from this would be, save your money for courses, tools, a website, or whatever else you need to build your business (and yourself).

First step in that regard: get a website.

Second step (or first if you already have a website) get involved in this forum's classroom as a student and/or a teacher. LOTS to be learned there.

I'll leave some space for others to jump in...
Post 3 • IP   flag post
My1App private msg quote post Address this user
@Galliher @Belew and @Rev ;I think organic and ads are not self excluded options.

Wen you have target of 100 customers/month and you know that you will need 10000 of people to see your site for this, if the organic will get you half of them, you will have to make paid ads for the rest. I don't have any suggestions about the legal issues but I think is better to ask them here if you expect any answer.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Learn from those who have been there and done that or maybe could NOT do that.

Which is more valuable to you, your time - learn on you own by trial and error, and research, or be taught by someone who knows?

Problem is ... how do you know who knows?

My answer - is s/he willing to open up their dashboard and SHOW you results ... NOT just tell you.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@My1App

If you can make more money from paid ads than it costs for the ads ... do the paid way. It's easier.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
For me the key is in targeting...

Getting before the right people. Effective content does this. If you write consistent, and frequent, good content that targets the clients you want then you will show up in SERPs for questions from people looking for what you offer.

If you just write anything and everything, scattered out to anyone and everyone you will get more visitors but less conversions because most of the people won't be there for what you actually offer.

10,000 visitors/followers of a general nature may convert at 1% (or less!) resulting in a max of 100 sales. 1000 targeted visitors may convert at 10% (or so!) resulting in -- hey -- 100 sales.

There is less work with greater return (percentage) resulting in the same value when you focus on people who are actually looking for, and want, what you offer. Targeting your desired audience takes more thought (and learning) but less effort to get the same (or better) results.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Paid advertising works and it works extremely well in the hands of a professional that understands how they work, how to use keywords, retargeting, and ROI.

Marketing ROI is simply the revenue generated minus the cost of advertising divided by the cost of advertising.

So if you run an advertisement and spend 2,000 dollars and generate $10,000 in sales... you would have.

10,000 - 2,000 / 2,200 giving you 4, which is a 400% ROI

Not bad is it...

However you now have to factor in profit, which is something else entirely. Using the above example we have 8,000 (10K - 2K) of revenue after marketing... for this 8,000 worth of product how much did it cost... if it cost you 8,000 your profit is zero ...

This also needs to be taken into account when setting a marketing budget...

Keywords do you use broad or long tail ...

I'm waffling a little ... my point however is that professionals spend a long time learning how to make PPC campaigns work... unless you spend the time to learn this yourself... what do you think your chances of success are?

Can you do it? Of course you can... just don't expect miracles without at least some work.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Rev focus, focus....
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Exactly. I'm often heard saying "You have to learn your craft" which, as an entrepreneur, means you must learn whatever it is you do -- not only the product/service you deliver, but the modalities you apply as well.

If you are going to do PPC or PPV or flat ads, you need to learn the process and the tools. If you are going to rely on video ads, learn how to make effective videos AND learn the mechanisms and the marketing necessary for your whole program.

While you are costing out your marketing program be sure to include necessary costs and processes for your own personal preparation.

Learn your craft.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Absolutely.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
27485 11 11
destitute