BillBelew.com

Network Marketing: Experiences?2279

Member Lenderman33 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Steve,

Thank you for sharing!

My background in Network Marketing is quite limited. I have assisted a Network Marketing friend of mine with an email launch recently (see profile link), but I have not been extensively involved with the system.

Thanks!

Erik
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Lenderman33

I was in a small city of about 30,000 population. I put out probably 3 to 5 magazines in each of every doctor/dentist office, barbershop, hair salon, butcher shop, coffee shop, etc. even some office and plant lunch or coffee rooms -- any place that I could find that had magazines to pass the time and would let me. As I said I no longer have the data so it is memory of more than 25 years ago, but I expect there were close to 100 locations.

I got calls probably the next day -- certainly within 2 or 3 days. Most calls converted to a sale and many to repeat customers -- that's the way I closed, to get the repeat order in a pseudo-subscription and I followed up on a regular, pre-scheduled, basis to take the repeat order.

While I built my MLM to the company independent manager level, I also made significant retail profit and taught my organization how to do the same which, in tern, made me significant down-line bonuses.

A lot of MLMs (companies or individual reps) fail because they forget there needs to be a product or service moving through the group and out to consumers. Without actually selling something there is no money in the system. You can't live long on "sign-ups" even though the theoretical math looks good.

It's why pyramids, including money matrices, fail so miserably.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Hi @Steve,

Did you create your own Network Marketing company from scratch, or did you join a company?

Either way, did you like it?

Sounds like this would have been very lucrative!

Erik
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@Lenderman33

In this instance I was a distributor for an existing multi-national. At another time I was one of four partners in a startup called Heartlake Distributors. That's an interesting story but for later...
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Member philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Rev

I used to volunteer in our hospital's lending library and I was so proud to put my book in display. It was borrowed on the first day - I lent it out! The chap was discharged, went home and took the book with him

I can kinda see worth in leaving copies of my book in doctor's surgeries etc, but 1) guaranteed it will be taken - and not paid for - by the first person who finds it and 2) I cannot keep buying books!
Post 30 • IP   flag post

Hi @Rev,

Thank you for sharing - That is a very marketing strategy!

Erik
Post 31 • IP   flag post
@philipwatling

Are yu part of KDP on Amazon? If not, consider joining. If so (or after you join) offer your book for 2 or 3 days for free. Promote that offer beginning the day before. In your promotion, request that people post reviews. It might help get more reviews and get some people talking about your book.

Also, I suggest changing your price from $6.00 to $5.99.

Have you joined and promoted your book in the facebook groups Kindle Publishers and Kindle Non-Fiction?
Post 32 • IP   flag post
Member philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
I may have said Rev, my ebook is being marketed at £4.12 (the book is £7.99/$13.95). I argued that the ebook should be £3.99. I have been told that the price is set by Amazon; I just go along with what I am told by my publishers...

As far as I know my book is part of KDP on Amazon. Joining those Facebook sounds pertinent though
Post 33 • IP   flag post
29614 33 8
destitute