BillBelew.com

Boosting Sales? . . . Experts Requested2285

Member Lenderman33 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Folks,

Have you ever been a Top 10% Sales Performer (Telephone or In-Person)? That is . . . Once your in-bound leads have reached your website, and you have spoken on the phone, how did you "Close" or "Seal the Deal"?

What were your strategies?

Interesting Information:

Thanks!

Erik
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I love sales... have studied it for decades... been trained by masters and a presumptive close works great.

How do you know your a sales professional?

A sales professionals job only starts when a potential customer says no..
Up until that point his an order taker.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Hi @Steve,

Thank you for the update!

What was the turning point for you / "Aha! Moment!" when your strategy shifted, and you became highly successful?

PS: For those of you who do not know, Google defines the "Presumptive Close" as follows:

"Assumptive close: also known as the presumptive close, in which the salesperson intentionally assumes that the prospect has already agreed to buy, and wraps up the sale. "Just pass me your credit card and I'll get the paperwork ready."

Erik
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Lenderman33 When I ran a business where people were required to call to get a quote I had a 95% success rate. I allowed them to talk about their issues, listening very carefully, then told them exactly how I was going to fix it. I didn't really have any presumptive / assumptive moments - most people just booked a time.

It's a lot more difficult online. That's why I believe writing content is so important. It allows you to establish your credibility and trustworthiness.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Hi @SusanDay,

Thank you for sharing that information. Looks like you leveraged the power of inbound marketing.

What are you working on these days?

Erik
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Lenderman33 I have just discovered I am a Scanner or Renaissance Soul... know what I'm talking about?

No, I didn't either.

Apparently, we are folk who are good at many different things so when you ask what am I working on there's always a list!

Teaching content marketing
Building a team of writers
Creating eBooks created with individual names for grandparents to share with their grandchildren
Managing several sites for friends and clients
Promoting and marketing my books
Teaching Chinese students online

That about covers today... I think

What about you? What are you working on?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Hi @SusanDay,

Thank you for the detailed reply! You appear to be a very talented individual with a wide variety of interests and skills.

That book that I offered for free 6-months ago . . . Has reached 10,000 readers.

Did you ever download a copy?

Erik
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Lenderman33

10k Wow! That's impressive.

Is it on Amazon or other sites?

I didn't get a copy. I am a great supporter of other authors and I'd love to read and give you a review. I am in several Goodreads groups, and I offer guest posts for children's authors.

BTW - you always get a detailed response when you ask that question to a scanner... or so I'm told
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member Clay_Simplyposted private msg quote post Address this user
I am currently the Sales Director at a startup I helped launch. The art of listening is far more important than anything your product offers. You can be a great talker, but if you aren't listening to your potential customer than it is all for nothing.

There is an art to the way you interact and talk with people. I teach my sales reps on how to use the SPIN theory during their meetings.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Hi @Clay_Simplyposted,

Thank you for sharing! Could you share more information about Listening and SPIN Theory?

Thanks!

Erik
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Hi @SusanDay,

This was through Amazon Kindle - Free promotion plus email marketing.

Erik
Post 11 • IP   flag post
SPIN theory is all about asking questions which they break down into 4 categories, and should be in the exact sequence every time.

Situational Questions,
Problematic Questions
Implication Questions
Needs/Pay off.

Situational= asking questions about their current business model, and understanding the context in a broader sense.
Problematic = Asking questions that uncover problems that your product could fix. Frame it in a question that you can win.
Implication = What are the implications of their problems you uncovered, and being able to get them to see it.
Needs/Payoff = the solution to the problem, coming to the rescue so to speak.

This requires you to Listen to your customer.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Hi @Clay_Simplyposted,

Thank you for sharing!

Were you in the Top 10% of sales performers, or are you still developing your sales skills?

Best wishes,

Erik
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Lenderman33

I'd like to think I am constantly developing my sales skills. I try to read a book or two a month on Sales development or personal development.

3 of the four places I've worked I've been the top sales rep, or in the top 10%.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Lenderman33

I am not ignoring you. I will get back to you with some detail. This has just been a couple of packed days and will continue to be so for a couple more.

Two things I will leave you with for now...

1) in reference to your opening post, my daughter says, "83.7% of all statistics are made up."

2) dealing with objections is an important part of sales. Most sales people never close because they can't get past objections or negatives. It's not for every instance, but a good arrow to have in your quiver is "Feel - Felt - Found".

In most cases you can respond to an issue with something crafted to suit the specific but which follows this pattern, "I know exactly how you FEEL about this. There was a time when I FELT the very same way. However, once I got more information I FOUND that..."

You personalize the issue, put the prospect at ease, and then deliver the answer/solution in a low-pressure, non-threatening, way.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Hi @Clay_Simplyposted,

Thank you - That's great! Top 10% rocks! What is the start-up on which you are working?

Erik
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Simply Posted: We built an A.I. algorithm and platform that posts to all social media platforms, and each individual group within that platform. The automated content is based on the voice of the individual. From there it also posts local engaging content within a specified Radius. Our Platform gives each customer analytics and performance from each click, share, and engagement increase.

Right now, we are focused on Real Estate. In the future we will expand to other industries. Social Media consultants use our platform as well to help manage their clients, because our algorithm does the work for them.

@Lenderman33 - Are you in Sales?
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Hi Clay_Simplyposted,

That is great! Very interesting. Do you have data, which suggests that your AI Algorithm is more effective than Facebook's Targeting System?

If so, could you please share that data?

Thanks!

Erik
Post 18 • IP   flag post
29178 18 18
destitute