BillBelew.com
Brainstorming

Is it still possible to scale teaching?2293

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
After reading the book recommended by @Rev - teach and grow rich I got to thinking ... and searching ... and now wondering out loud here.

Is it still possible to scale online learning/teaching?

I am of the mind that people are tired of paying $197 or $597 and getting a bunch of information that they don't follow up on ... and that model is no longer any good ... or valuable.

Additionally, it costs way too much time and hands on to get smb to buy at that level ... or does it?

Does it make more sense to charge more and give more hands on instruction/guidance ...

or is it still possible to scale teaching?

Post 1 • IP   flag post
BigPoppi private msg quote post Address this user
Bill, yes you can scale. The price point needs to be somewhere around 5k and up and people will pay all day long if establish value.

Selling lower priced programs are too much work and too many headaches.

To sell high ticket you have to either be niche specific starting out or have a program/system that is proven and where the buyer can justify the price. If you're really good you can even do it with nothing more than an ad and a phone call.

The old ascension models died a long time ago and most don't know it. You need big numbers and then ad costs eat your lunch. Plus they are so much more work.

With big ticket you can spend $1000 or more to get a client. Who cares then about monitoring your data at that point. Better places to focus.

Just think I how closed Michael and the other guy in an hour at the San Fran event and they were paying our expenses to fly to New York and you train them.

Only problem, should have charged more because they made a fortune.

Are you seriously thinking about this?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@BigPoppi

I have the data ... the proof.

Yup... thinking, thinking ...

At this point in my life I am more interested in ppl paying me for what I know than for what I do.

What's on your mind?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I have also made that shift. I do not want to consult and do work for clients because then you're a commodity. A coach isn't expected to do the work. I also agree with you, real business owners want to pay for answers. They don't want to read the instruction manual....

You have to sell though, not teach to get the client. At least to a certain point.

We should discuss. A lot of potential clients out there like our New York boys.

BTW - didn't you do something with Byron? Really like that guy.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@BigPoppi

I visited Byron in Boston... he took my ideas and ran with them ... then never heard from again. I gave too much info I think.

Yes ... we can/should discuss...

Looks like I am going back to Boston in May ... working on that now.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
You needed a good coach as a blocker... lol

sorry to hear that. I'm not taking credit for that intro.

He paid me some compliments on FB a while back but never did a deal with him.

Fr some reason, I thought you were helping him with something and thought oh good, glad it worked out!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@BigPoppi

I did ... I gave him some very specific guidelines which I saw him incorporate into his writers service (not to be mentioned here) ... and there was promises and intents for him to follow up. Nada.

About a year or maybe 2 years ago he emailed and asked me to come to Vegas to speak at an event he was staging there ... then silence ... and nothing.

I like him, too ... and I did my part ... but was left wanting in the end.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Bummer!

So what are your MeetUp Numbers these days if you can post here?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@BigPoppi

29.7K local, 60.9K national...growing
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@belew - I like those National numbers. Are they local meetups or people that have registered on your webinars, etc?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@BigPoppi

Local members... Bay Area.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
26857 11 11
destitute