BillBelew.com
Belew Speaks

Refused entry because I am a man. Really.2296

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I joined a group. I got this message just now.

"Hi Bill

This is a WOMEN's ONLY Networking Meetup Group. There are many CO-ED and Mixed Networking groups for Entrepreneurs who are looking to make friends and networking connections. Thank you for your interest, HOWEVER this group is for Women Supporting Women in Business.

Thank you for your understanding to remove yourself from the group. It's about respecting our boundaries for our group and who it's for! Thank you for respecting this!

Co-Organizer,
Sunny"
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

If that is "Meetup" there may be terms of use restricting that kind of segregation. In may instances, though it is perfectly fine.

The thing is, for many, many, years women had to put up with being locked out in the same fashion. They complained, fought against it and, rightfully so, won the right to break those "boundaries" that they are now embracing for their own use.

While I respect Sunny's right to think as she wishes, I feel that this kind of segregation is as wrong for women as it was for women in the past. When we realize that we are all people, and can learn so much from each other, maybe we'll get past this foolishness.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
I wonder why she and others can't see the duplicity here.

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

But I did think it was stupid.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
BigPoppi private msg quote post Address this user
She was serious. Notice her exclamation marks?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@BigPoppi

The owner if this MU is one of our clients. This girl is her asst and has no idea who she kicked out. Oh well.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Belew - lmao

She had such a condescending tone to her message. I'll leave it at that. 😂
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Women Supporting Women in Business Meetup groups is as real as Girl Guides & Boy Scouts. My focus group as many know is the 50+ demographic which for me means both men & women. Here is the problem. The women are very organized, computer literate & have excellent social media skills. On the other hand, most men will NOT get together, are not as computer literate and don't have the social skills that a lot of women have. In the transition to retirement the women have the edge and many of the men are lost and can't figure out why women are so powerful as a group
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@seniorpreneur - maybe your talking about Canadian men? Your description doesn't fit any I know. Talk about typecasting though!

By the way, using Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts is a horrible analogy since we are no longer allowed to segment that way. Male or female are free to choose either organization depending on how they feel, not how they are built!

Welcome to the real world...lol
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@BigPoppi It's Girl GUIDES not Girl Scouts. This is a serious problem on a global scale not just in Canada. What is your real world?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Fizzymidas private msg quote post Address this user
lol...Gender issues always delicate and controversial
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
There is no gender issue at all. God is a man. If you want proof of that, 1 Corinthians 14:34.

And if you believe that, I can introduce you to a couple of women who will set you straight!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
@BigPoppi I could have joined the Girl Guides? Now you tell me!
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@philipwaiting - what's your point? I feel sorry fur the girls!!!

Guess you'd be proud of joining?
Post 13 • IP   flag post
philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
Me to, @BigPoppi. They never had me as a willing participant
Post 14 • IP   flag post
26903 14 14
destitute