BillBelew.com
Blogging

How to Start an Internet Marketing Blog2297

Webriyo private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to start my own internet marketing blog which would consist of topics relating to ppc, seo, social media marketing, website and mobile optimization, etc.

Does anyone have any advice on where I should start, how often I should post, and how I can make my content stand out?

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Fizzymidas private msg quote post Address this user
You can start by first becoming a student.

there you would be taught all you need and can ask more in depth questions.

In the meantime, check out @Susanday's (one of our member) video that'll show you how to craft killer content: https://youtu.be/lh1AgcovS7g

Post frequency depends entirely on you. If you can, you can have ten posts daily or two posts per week. However, the more frequently you post quality content, the more loyal readers you'll have always coming back.

Hope this answers some of your questions? The gurus @Susanday, @BillBelew and @Rev will soon be here to give more answers.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Webriyo if you would like to ask more specific questions.. I will answer them... to start you need to determine who your audience is and then work out your USP...

if you share this and your questions... ill help
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Webriyo

It may seem too obvious to state, but you need to start with a blog. There are two ways to do this:

1) get one of the several free sites. If you are serious about building a successful business site, this is NOT the way to go. It is suitable for hobby blogging or sharing professional content, but not for serious monetization. If you go this route, choose http://wordpress.com/ -- it's the easiest to migrate from.

2) get your own domain, hosting, and self-hosted WordPress website (http://wordpress.org/)with integrated blog. This will cost you a minimum of about US$70.00 -- if you are serious about monetizing your success this IS the way to go.

I'll be glad to discuss the better choices within those two options.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
The very first thing you need is a plan. Sit down and write out a business plan so that you know what you what you want to do (and who), how you will do it (and where), and when it will get done.

After that, yes, @rev is absolutely right - you'll need a blog
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I'd throw up a blog for a $9.99 domain fee and $10/month hosting. Then install Google Analytics.

Then start writing ... anything, something ... whatever comes to mind.

The rest of it will come to you.

Do something.

As long as you just sit, you are doing nothing, or at best just spinning.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Thanks for all the tips and advice. @Belew blunt as always. I currently have a website that I plan to add a blog page to. Thank you @Fizzymidas, @Susanday's video helped to shed some light on the frequency, format, and length that the ideal blog post should be.

Thank you @Steve I may take you up on your offer.

Can anyone suggest any tools that they like using to create their content, create photos for their content, organization management, etc.?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Webriyo

Is your current website WordPress?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Rev Yes, my site was created with WordPress.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Webriyo

I was just looking at it as you posted. Nice site.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Rev Thank you. I designed it myself.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
You are all set to go. Add a blog page to your menu, start posting. Perhaps have 6 to a dozen posts ready to go the day you start, just to get a body of work, then plan on posting daily, 1 to 3 posts per day, for the next 12 to 18 months.

Or, hire it done. @SusanDay is a resource. I am too.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Rev I want to get my name out there so I want to create my first few blog posts. Then I may outsource and invite other marketers to write feature blogs down the line. Much thanks for all the advice.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
27536 13 13
destitute