BillBelew.com
BrainstormingBusiness Advice

Can You Do the Impossible? I Can't.2298

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
One of my clients wrote to me yesterday.

I want 3 F2F events set up by the end of the month - Feb is a short month, btw - 5.5 days left.

He wants a crowd of highly relevant attendees so he can sell them a product in the $500-700 range that he won't deliver until November of this year.

Can you do this?

I am pretty sure I can't.

I love a challenge ... but this, I think, is beyond me.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
In a world where people are always asking WIIFM why would people want to wait until November?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
WIIFM ... pronounced Whiff 'em. Swing and miss in baseball.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Themeissenman private msg quote post Address this user
While perhaps not relevant to the above impossible, last week a young body builder around 30, watched me do a core fitness exercise that is very strenuous, quite possibly the majority of fit men who might be marathon runners, cyclists very fit in their fitness regime of my genre of age group, sixties would not be able to perform what I can do unless they have no problem doing a three minute plank per say, yet I have only been practicing for six months or so.

Anyway this guy asks my age and I tell him 63 to which he replies when I get to your age I would want to be slowing down , no way would I want to do what you are doing since our bodies at that age are getting ready to shut down.

How many people are able to achieve great achievements young but falter with age.

When one sets a goal I would have thought it has to be well rehearsed, not the sublime or ridiculous. However, my goal might be just that the slight difference is I hope to do it before it is time for me to give up, you on the other hand might think there is no way this crazy guy can achieve

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysqkaCxv2bIthis[/youtube].

Post 4 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
I have a degree in event programming (like literally) and I don't see how this could be pulled off in a few days - UNLESS the client has the qualified customer list handy.

Then . . . maybe.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@KathrynLang

Or if he has a huge budget and wants to pay people enough to get in the room ... then he would have to ask himself why he did that.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew perhaps your client has an ego problem that people will flock to his event just because of them and not because of the product being delivered later.

I don't know, but most people don't just give up other plans to jump on a F2F event in a couple of days time.

How "famous" is this person?

I wish him luck in putting it together.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
26019 7 7
destitute