BillBelew.com
Content CreationContent Marketing

Growth Percentage Means Nothing w/o baseline2299

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
We grew by 100% or 256% of whatever doesn't really mean much if you don't know the starting point.

If you had 10 visitors to your blog last month and this month you had 15. That's a 50% increase. Impressive? Not really.

If you had 10,000 visitors last month and 12,500 this month, that's only 25% growth. Impressive? Really.

If you want to impress someone, give a starting point.

I'll follow up with a story of growth.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Meet CB.

CB starting working with us on Dec 3, 2016.

She had 0 members and no Meetup groups.

10 weeks later ... Her network now reaches 1,129 members in 6 groups and 3 cities ... avg membership 188 and growing by 12 members daily!

What kind of growth is that by percentage? Starting from zero and growing to 1,129?

If the rate of growth continues at its current pace of 12/day ... by the end of this year ... she will have 4,873 members.

What could you do with 4,873 people who signed up the hear what you have to say?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew those are exciting figures. Can you tell us what industry she is in?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Entrepreneur training.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
"I really don't trust the French. They don't have a word for entrepreneur." - George W. Bush.

What used to be criticism is now nostalgia.

I can attest to @Belew's effectiveness with traffic/following/tribe growth. Under his direction, my Twitter account went from about 785 (a meager number for outreach) to 11,494 (that's right, 11.5 THOUSAND!) in about 7 weeks. That's a number beginning to be worthy of speaking to.

Talk to Bill about what he can do for you. His prices are fair and his results are awesome!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
my Twitter account went from about 785 (a meager number for outreach) to 11,494 (that's right, 11.5 THOUSAND!) in about 7 weeks.
That got my attention.

Now I want to know if those new followers are engaging with you (or just following) and if they are converting.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@KathrynLang

That's the thing about numbers, especially fast numbers. It still takes time to engage and develop and deploy the methodologies to work with those numbers.

I started regular tweeting (multiple times per day) in the first week of February, so it's only been about 3 weeks. I expect that just isn't enough time to get valid data on engagement and far to early to expect conversions.

It often takes 5 or more interactions (not tweets, but actual contacts) to lead to a conversion, if at all. I'm tracking this and I will report again (and again) as I see demonstrable indications.

This is all so not a targeted audience though it is real -- not the extended families of a Bangladesh sweat shop. With proper filtering it can become much more focused.

@Belew has more experience with this over a longer period of time and likely has some numbers he can share.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev you've finally started to work Twitter... nice

Hope you're following me...

It's possible to tightly focus who you follow and to close sales directly in twitter ... the ideal solution being to send interesting content interspersed with call to action type tweets.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@KathrynLang

My end game at Twitter is to invite people here and engage more deeply here ... and the answer is a solid 'Yes' to both of your questions.

I am doing a Meetup next Monday in San Jose -

How to Get REAL Engagement w/ Your Twitter Followers - Jan '17 CASE STUDY

If you are not local it will be LIVE STREAMED.

Here's the description and the link to watch remotely.

===

January '17 - 2 of my Twitter accounts gained a combined 12,000-ish followers.

1,376 of those followers visited my destination site. (says Google Analytics)

494 of those new Twitter followers visited my signup page.

249 of them joined.

I will explain how I got that real Twitter engagement at this Meetup.

• Got a book?

• Got a start up?

• Got a business?

• Want to show an agent your social media engagement?

• Want to show an investor your online presence?

• Want more business?

Learn how to use Twitter to get REAL engagement that converts.

Members can also participate remotely by watching the Live Streaming or get a recording of the event:

https://zoom.us/j/889100398
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynLang
Now I want to know if those new followers are engaging with you (or just following) and if they are converting.

I have a question for you, and others I reckon ...

When does the marketer become responsible for sales, too?

When the sales person can't sell they will cry that the marketer is bringing them the wrong people.

Really?

If I can deliver people from Twitter (for example) ... and they spend on average 7 minutes 45 seconds per visit reading 4-5 pages and the web owner does NOT convert that to sales ... where is the problem? With the marketing - delivering of visitors or the sales (price, pitch or product)?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
bdaoust private msg quote post Address this user
The biggest problem is the ease with which people gain followers but no Calls to Action and no interaction. You truly have to know your audience and what they are looking for when it comes to engagement and eventually sales.

I find most just want a big following, period.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@bdaoust do you tweet calls to action... ?

I use auto DMs and couple this with CTA tweets that are scheduled... on top of my normal Twitter activity.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
25145 12 12
destitute