BillBelew.com
BrainstormingBusiness Advice

How do you deal with transition blues?2301

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I've been filling it at a church for the past 14 months.

It was an interim position ... designed to NOT last long ... usually 6-9 months. This one went longer.

Today is the last day.

Last time to see this group that I have seen nearly weekly since Jan 1, 16.

Not feeling blue ... but feeling funky.

How do you deal with transitions?

Post 1 • IP   flag post
SunilBhaskaran private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Bill, Been there many times. Feel for you. A couple of things (not trying to overwhelm you of course - but here is a complete list):

1. List out all the accomplishments for this time.
2. List out all the emotions that are coming up and ask yourself if you can let them be or in your relationship with your God, pray and meditate on these.
3. List out all the opinions of the time - of yourself, others, situations - include any judgments of yourself etc.
4. List out all you learned.
5. List out where you failed (in specific measurable terms) e.g. promises to yourself or others vs. what got done or not done.
6. List out what is next for you in terms of a vision or goals.
7. Where do you think you would need to focus?
8 OPTIONAL: give a communication (verbal or written) based on the above - what would you now want to say to be complete.
It could be as easy as "Thank you" to more elaborate.
9. Chances are that this is a process that may take time - have the patience to keep looking to see what you can let go of and what to be patient with.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@SunilBhaskaran

Now if I were to write all these up ... it'd make a terrific blog series, too...

Great list! Top ideas! Thanks for the prompts.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
kscare1 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Bill here's what I know and what I do.

Step into gratitude. Whenever I am in the midst of a change there is a sense of loss. But the moment I step into gratitude the loss fades. Loss is simply another distortion of LOVE.

It's an engagement frequency. When we come back home to the alignment of love we know there is no loss. It is only an experience we passed through. We are not the experience. Gratitude is a state that unconsciously helps us realign.

Suddenly as we dwell in gratitude we remember the Love the attachment releases and we are free.

This also has helped with transition of loved ones.

Hope that helps.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@kscare1

Great insights... I love the gratitude perspective.

Thanks much!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew As part of my 'Seniorpreneur Project' I find that most seniors going into a transition from a corporate job to the right retirement life have a huge problem cutting themselves away fully from their strong ties to their previous job. Then, when they finally achieve this freedom they have a problem choosing what they want to transition to. You'll need to know yourself better, what you have down in the past;and look forward to what you can still contribute to society in the present and hopefully into the future.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@kscare1 What a beautiful response
Post 7 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Seniorpreneur So true
Post 8 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
There was a famous "philosopher" who said:

Don't cry because it's over - smile because it happened.

(Dr. Seuss)

It is the smile that keeps me going.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@KathrynLang

I probably learned more about life from The Cat In The Hat than from any other single book. Everyone should read this classic. Really read it. And pay attention. Geisel was a genius!
Post 10 • IP   flag post
philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew As the great Thomas Magnum P.I. once said, "Probably the only thing you can count on in life is change, but no matter how much you wanted things to stay the same, they never did; and that change itself wasn't bad. It's just that the transitions were sometimes tricky."

Helpful? Probably not
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@philipwatling

I would have to concur with Magnum. In fact, the home page of my persona website (http://stephenbhenry.com/) touches on the subject.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev As I have just read. Interesting stuff
Post 13 • IP   flag post
26019 13 13
destitute