BillBelew.com
slaqjaw private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I'm not seeing that Google has indexed my new site. I put in a request for a reindex on 2/28 but it is still showing as being requested only on webmaster tools. When I go to the Google Index and click on "Index Status" is says zero. Any suggestions?

Jim
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Do you want me to drive over to Google HQ and ask them what's up?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Any Google warnings? Are you blocking anything in your robots.txt file?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@slaqjaw

Which website are you referring to?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Rev https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools

@lunar_ranger As of 2/28/17, no error and no warnings.
User-agent: *
Disallow: /wp-admin/
Allow: /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php

Sitemap: http://clermontmls.com/sitemapindex.xml
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

I don't want the link to your webmaster tools account. I can't login there. I wanted the link to your website that isn't getting indexed. That's where the answer is.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
www.clermontmls.com is the site that I'm blogging and am having trouble getting an index going. Sorry, thought you were following on Bill's comment and wanted to know what Google site I was referring to.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
http://ismysiteindexed.com/ says ...

Your site does not appear to be indexed in Google.

Your site does not appear to be indexed in Yahoo.

Your site does not appear to be indexed in Bing.

Try writing abt your new site at an old existing site that belong to you.

Rinse and repeat.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I'm seeing more than 150 pages indexed including a sub-domain "homes".

What page(s) exactly do you feel are not being indexed?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

I clicked thru to a couple of pages and they all look the same ... or at least 90% the same ...

This smacks of being spammy and will keep you from being indexed and may also get you banned.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
The content at this link and at this link are almost identical.

Only the locations are different.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Cloning geographically targeted pages? Eeeeeeeck.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw How many locations have you done this for? This sort of thing will either get you deindexed or penalized.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw What @lunar_ranger says about cloning.

I don't know nothing, but I'd bet that's the problem.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@Rev, I'm trying to get the site indexed as a whole. I'm not sure why nothing is responding when I've shot through reindex requests on the webmast site. Per the webmaster site nothing has been indexed. I even took a shower and used deodorant!
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Otherwise, I'm doing ok with SEO. Second and 1st page most times.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

Pages index. Posts index. Images index. Sites don't index.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw Any warnings in Search Console?
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

Did you get reindexed?
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Yup. Have 265 posts indexed. My other site that has tremendous SEO has 6,323 indexed!
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

What'd you do?

Have you noticed any change in traffic?
Post 21 • IP   flag post
1) Submitted the site again without the www.
2) Then under crawl, I "fetched" the main sitemap and the post map.

As for change in traffic, it is hard to say due to the SEO being still on the low side. The average query position is 31. However, while I work that up more, I am doing posts on my Facebook business page of listings and special searches, i.e. 5 ac or more homes in Clermont, and sharing those on my personal page. That is creating some traffic which should also eventually help SEO stats.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Clermont,FL? I work in Davenport and live in Kissimmee. Velocity is important with Google, Google is interested in satisfying user intent and quality...yada, yada- but seems to be more interested in velocity and popularity, number of pages successfully crawled, number of referring backlinks, and social referral traffic and engagement.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Afraid it is a bit further north. Clermont County, OH. It is on the east side of Cincinnati. I went to college at what is now Johnson University by the turnpike, grew up in Daytona, lived in Sebring... I miss picking breakfast from the trees in my backyard!

Yep, the other site I have with 6,323 pages indexed, I can create the same kind of real estate search, i.e. homes available in a specific subdivision, and basically guarantee first page results. I'm working to having plan B, i.e. the new website, because of changes at the corporate level that might end up removing the very successful site I have running.

While many things carry over, what I'm doing is not a pure blog. It has to interlace with a separate IDX provider which is what carries the information about listed homes. It is a coin with two sides. It is a challenge in that people wanting information about homes in a particular subdivision, on a lake, on acreage, etc., don't like a lot of yammer, just the information. If there is too much yammer to go through to get to what they want, they bounce off the landing page. At the same time, the more searches I create for blog posts, the more dynamic information flows through my site as homes come off and on the market giving better SEO results.... I've changed up a bit and put links or short cuts in part way through the blog, something I picked up from a sales letter book by Dan Kennedy.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
@slaqjaw

Glad to aee you are back in biz.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
http://ismysiteindexed.com/

Not sure, but that site also said www.southernohiomls.com was not indexed and I get great SEO on that site. Of interest was a side article attached to their report page about helping SEO. Nothing specifically new however, having it all in one place was interesting... http://ismysiteindexed.com/how-to-get-indexed-by-google/
Post 26 • IP   flag post
27475 26 26
destitute