BillBelew.com
Brainstorming

Why are ppl afraid to pay to learn?2323

zsazsa private msg quote post Address this user
You are absolutely right. I might have used a wrong word here. the point is that people do not really know what they want or what they should want. Due to this they receive unlimited free imformation they cannot really use because they do not know how or where.
You are right about the non-caring situation. I myself gave up blogging on my own site because it took a lot of time away from the type of work I need to do to survive. So there is always a catch 22 in life.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunar_ranger
The problem isn't always lack of ambition or desire in people, it's the inability to filter extraneous, superfluous information from useful, helpful information they can use and actually need to act upon- so they can succeed.

Isn't this what ppl pay for? A filter?
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@zsazsa @Seniorpreneur

Isn't that what ppl should pay for ... an expert to tell them what they want?
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsazsa
gave up blogging on my own site because it took a lot of time away from the type of work I need to do

Catch 22 is right. Blogging -- regular quality posts -- is the best way to develop focused organic traffic which leads to paid clients or customers. Giving that up to make money to survive is counter productive.

I'll bet there isn't anyone here who can't find the time too write six posts a week. Anyone?

And you can set up a blog for free so that money excuse thing doesn't apply either. Next?
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
six posts a week.

What will you be doing the other 6 days of the week?
Post 30 • IP   flag post

zsazsa private msg quote post Address this user
Surely people pay for the filter. But paying for the filter doesn't make one knowledgable. One needs to consciously copy the filter. However everybody is different and we are not robots. So your filter is not fit for me. Therefore everybody's 100% works out differently.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Often "one step at a time" works best.
Post 32 • IP   flag post
philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
I am happy to pay for help that would further my ambitions and bring in money, @zsazsa - I just do not have the money! Hence I get as much free info that I can; the lack is knowing what free info is correct and what isn't...
Post 33 • IP   flag post
@philipwatling

What exactly are your ambitions?
Post 34 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
You have to invest in your journey if you want to go somewhere - there is now way around it. The investment may be monetary or it may be time (which, in truth, is more valuable because you can't make more).

BUT!

You need to define where you are going. There is nothing more frustrating than pulling out on the road only to realize you have no clue of what the destination might be. You can continue to drive. You can get a better car. But until you know the destination it is nothing.

A business plan will help you define your destination (or you why) so that you can better invest in the tools.
Post 35 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Could it be as simple as what we are conditioned to expect for free?
Post 36 • IP   flag post
We want it for free and also want to complain about getting what we paid for, too.
Post 37 • IP   flag post
Iamstevenb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
@lunar_ranger

There you go. Comparatively it is a drop in the bucket. If you get one good thing a month from the classroom you will be ahead of the game. There are already good teachers there. More coming.

They key to participation, I feel, is after payment, engage. Show up. Bring your questions. Seek out the answers you need. Ask. Put pressure on those who claim to have answers. Make us work. We're committed. We need to be accountable. We need to deliver.

I have been exposed to a great amount of information. I store it in mind maps. Yet, every day I am aware that I do not know what questions to ask. Maybe I need to find and buy a book of good questions to ask.

I already know more than I am doing.
Post 38 • IP   flag post
I give away a lot for free. I also charge for some of my programs. I do find more people want everything for free and really get miffed if I suggest they sign up for a paid program. Then I ask them for some service they offer and they always want to charge. Mostly big prices, too.

I've set up programs in the past. I have current programs running. Good programs. Programs to teach and share and guide. They are not expensive. Maybe I don't charge enough. Maybe people don't value them because they are cheap. I think I'll raise my prices. I won't get any less people and I'll get paid better for doing so.

Sounds like a plan.
Post 39 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I'll bet there isn't anyone here who can't find the time too write six posts a week. Anyone?

I write 6 posts a day nevermind about a week!
Post 40 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

I think the key to finding the time to write 6 posts each week is to find the REASON to write them.

Mar 2006 ... I was writing 15/day @ $7.50 / post. That's how I got started.
Post 41 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I enjoy writing about lots of different things all the time
Post 42 • IP   flag post
I pay for things, you pay for things.

I am not so sure people are afraid to pay for things.

The problem, no doubt, is that I haven't made an offer compelling enough that someone would pay me for it.

It's not their problem ... it's mine.

Have you figured out what people will pay you for?
Post 43 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Chris and I were talking about this today on the Marketing Monday live-stream presentation. We seem to have come to the conclusion that it must be our good looks and compelling personalities people are willing to pay us for!
Post 44 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
People paid me good money for great coffee in Shanghai.

The producer allowed only one word in the script.
Post 45 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
good looks and compelling personalities

So, how's that working for you?
Post 46 • IP   flag post
Reason I still use an old computer running Windoze 3.1...

Post 47 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
So, how's that working for you?

There seems to be a certain technical aspect required as well; something called "Knowledge". Know where I can find any?
Post 48 • IP   flag post
26852 48 23
destitute