BillBelew.com
Brainstorming

Why are ppl afraid to pay to learn?2323

Member Iamstevenb private msg quote post Address this user
I might pay for information. But probably not. I am inclined to pay for those able to show me how to take information and convert it into intelligence or knowledge. I am also willing to pay someone who can teach me how to convert intelligence or knowledge into wisdom.

What does that mean in real life? We all begin at different starting lines. I am willing to pay a little to be moved from the line I find myself at to one I view as more advantageous.

You convince me I need a WorldPress site. I am at a starting line. Some things I know to do. Other things I don't know to do. I am willing to pay a little for the process that moves me forward. So I pay by spending my time reading WordPress books and attending webinars. But I would be willing to pay someone who can say, "buy this book. Read these pages. When you are done you and I will build your new site."
Post 51 • IP   flag post
Member zsazsa private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew During the years I have been teaching I relaized that nothing should be free because whatever I offer it takes a certain amount of my time. It is up to the individual to buy it and I only want people to pay for the time I put into it and not according to the wishful outcome. One also needs to put example out in a way of a pilot lecture, naturally free of charge, that is convincing ans talks to individuals without smelling money.
Post 52 • IP   flag post
Member zsazsa private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for the typos!
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Member morningstar private msg quote post Address this user
Right, so if I try to answer from the point of view of the student. Just about everything is figureoutable and if I ask the right questions, google hand delivers all the information and I can piece it together and put it to use and all it cost me was time and my internet connection.

When it comes to the billions of webinars and quick fixes and people more than happy to have me part with my money I would the fear is that I'll just get another set of prerecorded youtube videos that do not help me specifically and usually there isn't anyone to help show me where I am making my mistakes.

If I invest in education the value I am looking for is someone to actually hold my hand and say no no shine the flashlight here this is the right path let me show you how I did it and now let me show you how you can do it for your particular situation.

I hope that makes sense.
Post 54 • IP   flag post
Don't forget the fear of uncertainty. How can I know what my life will look like after I gain this knowledge? Since I can't understand how I'm going to get there it's going to make it harder to justify investing in it.

So, @Belew -- I came across a copywriter whose theory for sales pages are the cloud, the pot of gold and the rainbow. The cloud is the customer's current situation and pain. The pot of Gold is their life perfect and happy once the pain is resolved - basically their hopes and dreams and wishes. The rainbow is what you are offering to help them get from where they currently are to their wish.

If you can clearly communicate that then the sale is no longer over price it becomes a contract of emotion and results. By clearly laying how a plan of action if makes everything less overwhelming.
Post 55 • IP   flag post

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@morningstar You and I speak the same language.

I don't teach people how ... I show them how.

I open up my dashboard, log in live and show them actual numbers, steps and the results (they vary, of course) ... but they are real.

No shenanigans (do you know this word?) ...
Post 56 • IP   flag post
@Belew shenanigans is one of my favorite words. 'Super Troopers' I believe burned it into my brain.

I think if you paint that picture, the I will teach you how to fish, it will take 5 steps I will walk you through them and hold/smack your hand with a ruler till you get it right. When our journey is up you will be a master fisherman in your own right. Isn't power just amazing?

If you agree, please enter your credit card details over here please and let's let the learning begin.

Right, who wants to learn how to fish??? More importantly, who wants ME to teach them?
Post 57 • IP   flag post
@morningstar

I tell would-be clients there are 3 ways to do things.

They do it - I show them how.
I do it - It's the same as the first but they need another zero at the end.
We do it - hybrid - a little bit of them and a little bit of me.

My goal is always to work myself out of a job ... for them to be able to get along fine without me.
Post 58 • IP   flag post
@Belew -- So what does that look like? What does each one of those paths look like?

How do you show me? --If you do it how will you work yourself out so I don't feel trapped being dependent on you for life?
How exactly is the hybrid different?

Then maybe, tell who each option is best suited for? If I'm a newbie is option 2 for me or is it for those who just don't want to get their hands dirty?

If option 1 mean I have to do it completely on my own and send something for your approval or is it solo from start to finish?

Sell, me on it -- why should I invest in you as a teacher instead of someone else or my countless hours trying to figure it out on my own?
Post 59 • IP   flag post
@morningstar

1. What is it you want to learn?

2. I will not sell myself as a teacher.

I know what I can do and how to do it. I know what I can do for my clients and they can decide they want me to do it or not. I will not sell myself.

We are talking very generic ... what is it you want to learn?

Can you be more specific?
Post 60 • IP   flag post
@morningstar Still not sure what 'IT' is but if it falls within my expertise ... and you do what I tell you and IT does NOT work ... I will give your money back 100%.

But you have to follow the rules. 8-)
Post 61 • IP   flag post
28680 61 11
destitute