BillBelew.com

Websites that bring home the bacon2333

SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Much is said about generating an income from your website. Whether it is affiliate marketing or ecommerce sales or booking clients, but how do you get people to come to your website in the first place?

What techniques or tactics do you use?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay

If you want more people to come to your website ... give them more reasons to come.

Content ... content ... content.

Better content ... Better content ... Better content ...

Rinse and repeat.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Hmmm... so I think I'm picking up your subtle point... content, content, content...

I was sitting in a webinar where the guy said his company pay $10k a month on advertising on Facebook alone! Crikey, that's a lot of sausages!!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

If I had really deep pockets and didn't care abt long term ROI, I'd buy users ... it's easier.

Building a site that people will come to ... that's hard work.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Not if you've got the right team @Belew
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Sab5151 private msg quote post Address this user
Ads, usually on FB, follow by excellent funnel.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Ho, I didnt see your post about 10K. It shouldnt be necessary if your ads are well targeted and the funnel well build
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Sab5151 I don't mean to pry, but do you spend a lot??
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I don't personally. I'm part of a group where most of us are Marketing Strategist consultants. Part of our services is to build funnels and ads campaigns for our clients.
When you invest 10K per months, it's when you have a long funnel strategy.
Per example, you'll have landing page with a small offer even free follow by a monthly subscription and behind a back-end product with an high price. With a good funnel, your primary investment is free.

I hope it makes sense
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Sab5151 I've just been studying this with a great marketer here in Australia.

It is difficult, however, when you are on your own. Many people I work with don't want to be testing funnels etc, they want to do what they do - get on with their business.

It must be great to work with a team.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
While there are many factors that go into my complete monetization program, organic traffic (from search/content) is by far the largest segment for both traffic and conversion. Well over 90% of my non-referral website business comes to me through that channel. Paid advertising and other similar campaigns produces the least, to the point where I seldom use it now.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Rev That's interesting, and thanks for sharing. I suspected as much, but I like to hear real accounts
Post 12 • IP   flag post
kazu private msg quote post Address this user
I'd second what @Belew said - "Content, content, content" - and add Promotion promotion promotion (And maybe one more 'promotion').

To my mind, if you're spending a lot of time creating content, then you need to be strategically promoting it to people who can share it with their (hopefully bigger) audience.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
jaybeacham private msg quote post Address this user
I don't like the free content idea.
I may give samples but if I give everything away for free then, I don't sell any donuts, can't pay the bills, have to close my store. The internet should be no different.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@jaybeacham

Here's a free copy of a small ebook I wrote:

Wiz's Ten Steps to Staying Focused On Your Objectives

I could privately send you a link to where you can buy it on my website or Amazon but I bet you I get more mileage from giving it away for free then I would from promoting its sale here.

I sell enough of them to have made it a project worth doing in and of itself, but I have earned many times more from giving it away for free. Go figure.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@jaybeacham Are you a writer like me? Do you earn money from your writing?

I do, but I find if I provide great blog posts, not samples, I get a lot more work.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Tell 'em how you get great opportunities to guest blog and get great guests at your site from Twitter ... tell him, tell him ...
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Belew Well...

@jaybeacham I have some huge blogs - 1,350 posts, 760 posts, some 450, others 200 or so, and these blogs have so much content they operate on their own... they get great results.

To keep them fresh and interesting, I invite people to write a guest post for me around the subject of my blog.

One of them is a site for new puppy owners, for example. Most people have a story about how a pet changed or influenced their lives. I ask people to tell me about that and at the end I have links to their business.

I also invite children's authors to share their books on my other blog.

I write guest blog posts to promote my children's books and grandparenting blog. My aim is create a buzz / interest about how grandparents can take more of an active interest in their grandkids' lives. The main focus is children's literacy. I'm currently writing a 50k book about how people can start their own grandparenting journey.

My DM on Twitter asks people if I can write a post on a topic that is relevant for their site, but which links to mine in my bio.

It's win / win - they get a great post with all the SEO bells and whistles and I get more exposure.

Of course, I have to make money but this is a long term plan. Imagine having 100s of sites all linked to your site floating around the interwebs??
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

This is absolutely the best idea I have read today ... or yesterday ... or whenever I read it. I can't remember now.

Great idea!
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Sab5151

If your end game is to fill your funnel lots of ways to do that.

If you have to pay people or pay someone to get people in your funnel, what happens when you stop paying?
Post 20 • IP   flag post
This has always been the big question I've wanted to ask... but I'm afraid I already know the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
If you have to pay people or pay someone to get people in your funnel, what happens when you stop paying?
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

You already know the answer. .... unless you pay long enough for organic to kick in.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Content alone does not bring home the bacon, it is simply one component ... for example content without purpose is simply noise that gets in the way.... content that has a reason for existing fulfills the need of your audience, you then need to couple this with appropriate calls to actions, CRO and such like... to not only bring home the bacon but to own the whole farm.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Reminds me...

A chicken and a pig were out walking together when they passed by an orphanage. The chicken said, "We should stop in and give those poor kids a bacon and egg breakfast," to which the pig responded, "That's okay for you to say. For you it's just a donation. For me it's a commitment!"

When are you ready to get serious and make a commitment?
Post 24 • IP   flag post
There was a farmer who had a pet pig that he dearly loved. One day a friend came over and noticed the pig had only 3 legs. A few weeks later the friend was visiting and the pig had only 2 legs. The friend asked, "What happened to the pig?"

"Well, you know how much I love him. A friend like that you can't eat all in one sitting."

Some folks wanna make a commitment but only a little bit of a commitment instead of shall we say going whole hog.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Yep. Whether you're going to make the commitment (go whole hog) or be the chicken!
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@Rev @Belew Is it fair to ask business owners to give all their time to building and maintaining a website on their own?

Should they ask for help? Pay someone to do it for them if they are not passionate about website development and writing blogs?
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Yes. I tell biz owners there are 3 ways to do things.

1. They do it.
2. I do it.
3. We do it.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

I think the better way is @Belew's 3rd choice. It is seldom that a business person has all the skills for all the support services she needs. A website is a support service.

The business person can spend the time gaining the necessary skills or just spend hours and hours and days in frustration when they are hit by a crisis, OR they can bring someone on board who can do the big stuff, especially up front, teach them the things they can do, and be on hand for emergencies.

It is surprising how inexpensive this can be compared to the alternative.

Of course, if you have no money (as in zero) you can do it yourself. If that's the case you are better off getting a job.

If you have lots of money, you can hire the whole online presence thing done and apply your full attention to what you really want. That will make some developer happy.

In between there are lots of possibilities with as many price points. I know you can find something for YOUR needs.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
@Rev @Belew So true!
Post 30 • IP   flag post
26778 30 30
destitute