BillBelew.com
FacebookOrganic SearchTwitter

Where's the problem at in this scenario?2343

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I am having a discussion with an active client in another window.

In the past 5 months, there have been:

1,463 organic search visits since October ...

2:44 - 6:48 average time on site (depending on which Search Engine Result that sends them.

2.14 - 3.77 pages viewed per visit...

twitter has sent 144 visitors
3:56 time each visit
3.22 pages visited each time.

Facebook has sent 19 visits (paid?)
8:50 time on site
5.54 pages visited each time

Yet, they are not selling ...

Where's the problem in this scenario?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook ads don't pay!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
The numbers, especially the time on site and page views, are great. If you are not converting with these numbers there is:

1) something amiss in the way you are inviting people to the site,

2) something wrong with your on site call to action,

3) a failure to direct site visitors through a process (funnel?) to convert them.

Just bringing people and providing them with something to read will get the numbers you shared. But it will just get people who come to your site and read.

Depending on the type of marketing (inbound vs outbound) you will have significant differences in how you need to process the traffic and how long it will take to convert.

Since organic traffic is really an inbound tactic, there may be nothing at all wrong with your outcomes SO FAR, except for a failure to be sufficiently patient.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Price? Closer? Wrong audience?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@TParker

How can the audience be wrong?

As in - these people dont want what I want them to want?

Shouldn't it be that i need to figure out what these people whoare coming to me want?

Then give them what they want?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Wrong customer: In sales lingo, I'd say you failed to properly qualify your prospect. For instance, if I blog about how my kids are obsessed with buying Pokemon cards, this might trigger a hit for someone who searched "buy Pokemon cards." But once they reach my site, they will be disappointed.

The time on site in your scenario would indicate that your visitors are interested in your content, but they aren't buying. It could be the price or style of the item being offered. Or, it could be that they are coming to find information but never intended to purchase. They aren't "ready, willing and able" leads. So, is the paid advertising attracting too many lookers and not enough buyers? Or, is there failure further along in the buyer's journey?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen numbers that suggest people take 5 to 7 interactions (with product, service, sales pitch) to come to the buying decision except for times of urgent need.

The problem with an ad campaign for the solopreneur who has limited funds is you tend to run out of money (and therefore ads) long before getting your prospect to the buying decision.

Of course, you can always create a sense of urgency.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
7 to 14 contacts to make a sale - that's where the all-important sales tunnel comes in and a pretty snazzy email sequence
Post 8 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
I would say 1. Call to action - get them to do something (sign up for a freebie, register for a giveaway) so you can snag that email and get them back in front of you and your product.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
CJSHayward private msg quote post Address this user
One comment:

I won't give the URL unless asked because there are some very clear rules given about posting links on the site, but:

This seems an almost classic use case for qualitative research. That is, observing your users.

There are a million different approaches and tools that will give some level of qualitative research and user observation; these include online services where you can pay $10 a person for a usability test (5 people per test is ideal), and you ask them to visit your site and get ready to order what you're selling, and either stop when they are asked to enter credit card / payment details, or you can give them a fake credit card that your site will treat as a simulated purchase, but doesn't do anything in terms of shipped stock.

When you find that your numbers aren't answering your questions, qual is your friend.

Cordially,
C.J.S. Hayward
Post 10 • IP   flag post
25145 10 10
destitute