BillBelew.com
book marketingContent Creation

How can marketers become hit makers?2346

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
"The best hit makers are gifted at creating moments of meaning by marrying new and old, anxiety and understanding. They are architects of familiar surprises." Hit Makers
Post 1 • IP   flag post
"It is not enough to study products themselves to understand their inherent appeal, because quite often the most popular things are hardly what anybody would consider the “best.” They are the most popular everywhere because they are, simply, everywhere. Content might be king, but distribution is the kingdom."
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I have flogged this video to everyone who would take the 17 or so minutes it takes to watch. It is not only a marketing idea, philosophy, and plan, buy what may be the greatest marketing company in the world, it is an awesome example of marketing in and of itself.

Watch it if you dare...

Post 3 • IP   flag post
If i had Coca Cola's history, brand awareness and marketing budget I'd do the same.

This video does not speak to the everyperson.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
From a Forbes article quoting the guy who wrote Hit Makers.

"...Yahoo studied the spread of millions of online messages on Twitter. More than 90 percent of the messages didn’t diffuse at all, and 95 percent of clicks came directly from its original source or from one degree of separation."
Post 5 • IP   flag post
How valuable is marketing to a product?

"There are music testing sites that survey many many people to discover the catchiness of new songs before they hit the radio. These sites are pretty good at identifying melodies that people like. But for every 100 songs that pass their “hit” threshold for catchiness, fewer than 10 will get anywhere close to the Billboard Hot 100. There is simply too little space in the pantheon of cultural superstardom for every “good-enough” product to succeed. What’s the difference between the ~5 that make it and the ~95 that don’t? In almost every case, it’s exposure: marketing, distribution, and timing."
Post 6 • IP   flag post
I'm tweeting about 35 times per day, 24 of those automated, and I'm getting an average of about 3300 impressions in a 24 hour period. Can someone tell me if that is good or terrible?

Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
Marketing has not changed - despite the changing technology.

1. Make lasting connections with people.
2. Be relentlessly helpful.

When marketers do these two things well they create a foundation for becoming the hit makers.

@Rev - I have had 27.8K impressions with 131 tweets this month so far (according to analytics.twitter.com) with 302 profile visits and 13 new followers.

So, I guess the answer is "depends"
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@KathrynLang

So, at about 13 days into the month that means an average of a little under 2200 impressions per day. So I'm about 50% greater at 3300. Let's remember to compare notes next month at this time to see how your new SEO clean up improves things.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev - I'm also increasing my engagement this month (including guest hosting a twitter chat at the end of the month). I have learned that this has a LOT to do with the rest of it - at least for me.

I'm trying to keep notes about what all I'm doing, but that's a LOT of notes

Yes, let's definitely compare.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Rev

My little one's site has abt 2x the number of followers as you ... Tweets at abt the same pace as you do ... and to no surprise gets about 2x the number of impressions that you do.

Post 11 • IP   flag post
28324 11 11
destitute