BillBelew.com

Are Any Yoast Plugin Users Out There?2355

DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
I ask, because I have the plugin installed and just began optimizing a blog post in the TITLE section....when I click "Snippet Editor" and go to customize the title, it won't allow my chosen text but rather tries forcing me to choose from a drop down list of previous blog post titles....what is up with that? Any insights, feedback and/or constructive criticism appreciated.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this is what you mean, but here's how I edit:

Post 2 • IP   flag post
Hi TParker...THANK YOU...I was referring to the box above where you placed the arrow...SEO title

Post 3 • IP   flag post
tammysoffices private msg quote post Address this user
Have you looked at your Yoast settings @DansCartoons ?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@DansCartoons

The "title" you are referring to is not the page or post title (the title people see when they got to the page or post) but, rather, the SEO title, often referred to as the document title. Its primary purpose is document control. That can be set in the Titles & Metas section of the Yoast plugin.

It is most often set to something like this:

%%title%% %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitename%%

which builds a unique title for each page based on the elements specified. The result of this shows up in the <title> </title> element in the page/document code and, in some browsers, at the text at the top edge of the browser window.

Unless you know what you are doing with SEO and Titles & Metas in a web page, you are best served to leave the default for this one. Trying to pack this with keywords will be counter-productive.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Rev:

I have SEO'd many pages using this plugin. It helped me get many category pages listed in Google's first page (many at the top)...however it seems a bug is at work (see screenshot) and just wondering if others have had a similar problem. I'd show a link to a results page....but don't want to be seen as "promoting" myself here. Ina nay case, let me know any ideas you may have. Thanks!

Post 6 • IP   flag post
Tell me what it is you want to add in this spot and why.

Also, can you explain "but don't want to be seen as "promoting" myself here" -- I'm not sure I understand.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Hi Rev.....I want to add my preferred title that would eventually appear in the search result. For instance, here is an example....this is just an example....someone goes to Google any hypothetically types "industry cartoons" (he may be an editor of a newsletter, looking for cartoons about industry, he may be a consultant looking to add cartoons for an "industrial" power point presentation, someone may be blogging about industry per se....looking for a cartoon about industry to embed into the article, etc. So, they type "industry cartoons" and then these results appear: https://tinyurl.com/jkkwrk5 - norice my page is second on the first page of results? That actual text hyperlink in the Google results, is what I added in my Yoast snippet editor to get that page to elevate to the second listing on first pages of results for that specific search term.
So in essence, that box is where I would add prospective search terminology results....only craft that line of text so it is beneficially useful to my using this plugin. I've optimized other pages this way....but noticed it wants to add text on it's own now.
Note: I even have images from that page, actually appearing at the top of the results....so in essence, the Yoast plugin is beneficial...it's just that it seems to have a mind of it's own afterwards!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons

Your tiny URL isn't working for me. Can you please check it.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
TParker private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.google.com/search?q=industry+cartoons&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS628US628&oq=industry+cartoons&aqs=chrome..69i57.5017j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Post 10 • IP   flag post
THANK YOU TJParker! That's it!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
26098 11 11
destitute