BillBelew.com
authorsBloggingContent MarketingNewbiePublic Speaking

Indiana Jones of the Church Is Here2359

markziese private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for making a space for me to jump in here. I'm an old dog trying new tricks.

Fact is, most of what I do is old. Really old. Old languages, texts, cultures, art, and stories. I'm a dirt archaeologist by training, a believer by choice, and a college teacher by necessity (to pay the bills!).

I'm hoping to connect with others who have interests in these matters. I think I know how to dig and how to teach. It's this marketing and technology stuff that has me buffaloed.

Know that I appreciate all your help in advance . . .
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@markziese

Welcome to this classroom, Mark.

The only thing I know about dirt is my mom never liked it on me.

Marketing? I know a lot about that.

Folks like to say that 50% of marketing is very effective.... but nobody knows which 50%.

I know what has worked for me ... and I will show you how to put it to work for you.

Marketing, imho, is evangelism out another way. Most of what I found that works is applying biblical principles of evangelism to my marketing strategies. Time will tell if you agree with me or not.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Ha! Well I'm eager to learn. I appreciate the opportunity!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@markziese

When are you leaving?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I'm in Jerusalem at the moment. My group has been knocked around by the east coast storm. About half are flying to San Fran and the other half . . . are just stuck. In the meantime, I have internet access in a hostel here. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@markziese

Whereabouts in SF?

That's my stomping grounds.

I am in the South Bay.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
No. They're just flying through SF because United cant get them out of Newark. Somehow headed west to east sounds wrong to me, but there are many things about the airline industry that I don't understand.

I was born in San Jose. My dad was working the police dept there when I was born. We moved early to Oregon, so have no real recollection of the Bay Area.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
headed west to go east sounds wrong
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@markziese

Go west .. then over the pole.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@markziese Hi! It's great to meet you. What an exciting adventure you seem to be having.

You are certainly in the right place to learn about traversing the world online. Perhaps not as exciting as what you're doing now, but your feet stay drier
Post 10 • IP   flag post
philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to meet you, Mark. One dream of mine was to become an archaeologist... Strictly one residing in an armchair these days! My mother's father had a sister who married an American after (I guess?) WWII. They had two kids, one of whom now lives in San Diego. The other? Well, her and her mum live in Eugene! I have been there once, but it has featured in my book, Flight of a Lifetime
Post 11 • IP   flag post
25145 11 11
destitute