BillBelew.com
Facebook

Tempted ... to cancel my Facebook acct.2367

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook has lost a LOT of any resemblance of luster it might have had at some time.

So tempted to close out my account.

Should I? why or why not?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
I have had a lot of success running coupon ads for my company using Facebooks ad platform. Super cheap clicks that convert.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@lunar_ranger It's encouraging to hear that someone has success with Facebook Ads. Did it convert to sales / clients well?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Belew I find FB tiresome to say the least, but it's the only way I can find out what my kids are up to and see pictures of my grandchildren... one of the drawbacks of living far away from them is not seeing them often. *heavy sigh
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

What does 'success' look like?

Can you be more specific?

If it is successful, why not do more, more more?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member Fizzymidas private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew, you're right. FB has really lost most of its luster.
It can be so distracting!

@lunar_ranger, I always thought Facebook ads don't really lead to sales.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook is a good "first contact" medium but it's a poor vehicle from which to build your business. The website/blog is still king. Think what your website and blog could be if you spent the time developing it you waste on facebook?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
I am not thinking to cancel my FB acct business activity.. I never started.

I am just thinking to get off it altogether.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Made my company $48k revenue on ~$400 worth of coupon ads, so it worked for us (direct attribution to booked reservations).

Lot of luck, good timing, and the right targeting.

Replicating the success on other campaigns we're running. Really good ROI on all of them, some missteps, but again a lot of good luck.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Making $48K on $400... why did you stop at $400?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook is a social media - and is there for that purpose . . . to be SOCIAL. The problem with Facebook is that they are making it harder and harder to BE social.

BUT. If it's working for you and you are able to work it (without taking away from other areas) then I say keep working it as a first contact place (like @Rev) said.

If it's not working for you or your not able to work it then I say let it go - maybe not close the account but stop investing in it so much.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay My parents stay with me.

@belew Even I get tired with Facebook. However, I use it to connect with my overseas friends and to read news.

@Rev I want to spend time on my website too. Doing adhoc part-time work and looking for full-time job wears my energy. It's so lonely to brainstorm my content alone.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Belew That particular promotion ended and we exhausted our budget. There were also costs related to running the promotion, since there was a promotional discount applied. We did very well even with the reduced margin. Since that promotion ended we've run others, still great results.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@KathrynLang When you pay .21-.30 a click and you have a 5% conversion rate, Facebook transforms from being a social app to an atm.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@lunar_ranger

When I was at Motorola, and was empowered to manage a budgeted program, I would set goals and negotiate with whomever controlled the purse strings to get additional budget if I met established benchmarks.

Sounds to me ($400 vs $48,000) there were some ante-up benchmarks that should have been established. Drying up funds for a successful program with that kind of ROI seems counter-productive to me. I'd be running that specific campaign again and again until it failed to produce suitable results.

Any manager who objects is a fool and deserves to be replaced!
Post 15 • IP   flag post
It's a small company, and very spread out attention and priorities with the key decision maker. No defined department budget. Again, this campaign ended and another took its place.

So SMM works... As long as you give them a comfy livingroom of a landing page, which we kind of have on our site.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I use Facebook to connect with Seniors 50+ that don`t use Twitter Or LinkedIn.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Member JoshH private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunar_ranger
Made my company $48k revenue on ~$400 worth of coupon ads, so it worked for us (direct attribution to booked reservations).

Lot of luck, good timing, and the right targeting.

Replicating the success on other campaigns we're running. Really good ROI on all of them, some missteps, but again a lot of good luck.

What type of business do you run?
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur That's my target market. How do you find the 50+ group respond to your posts on Facebook?
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@seniorpreneur that sounds surprising. I would expect to find 50+ on LinkedIn and Twitter than on Facebook. Since at that age, they are probably more focused on business than social activities.

But like @SusanDay asked, I would also like to know how you find them.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
OH, @Fizzymidas I think you'll find Facebook has been overtaken by oldies like me

Twitter and LinkedIn are much better places to do business IMHO.

Facebook is great for recipes, crochet patterns and spying on your kids
Post 21 • IP   flag post
lol
I can relate with the spying part. I do it to my siblings too😁
Post 22 • IP   flag post
@JoshH I don't run any business I help others run theirs. It's in the property management/vacation rental space. Generally higher ticket, lower volume sales.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay I have spoken to LinkedIn about advertising on their platform, about 1.5 months ago. Entry point was $30k- for 6 months, way too much for my employer at the time.

You can build a LI group, build a specific audience, and sell it off to someone who wants to use it as their soapbox.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
@Seniorpreneur @SusanDay You can be as targeted as you want. As an advertising platform Facebook allows you to create an insane level of audience (including age cohorts) and geo targeing and segmentation... You can also create lookalike audiences and steer the attention away from your competition.

Tons of stuff online will show you how to do it, and not all of it is salesy.

You can message me if you need help setting one up or you have specific questions about setup or management. Easy stuff to get started, hits and misses to get it right, and I have gotten a lot of the stupid decisions out of the way early on... more to come.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay Our largest target demographic is female, aged 34-45, second is 46-54. You can adjust your targeting and messaging with FB ads, also there is an amazing level of reporting and data so you can change tact, bid, and deployment midstream-your ad would have to be reviewed by FB- who check stuff like image to text ratios on ads (spoiler-more text over visual is BAD).
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunar_ranger
@KathrynLang When you pay .21-.30 a click and you have a 5% conversion rate, Facebook transforms from being a social app to an atm.

I have yet to see Facebook even send people to my website at that high of a rate. I would love to see how you are turning those clicks into a sale.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@Fizzymidas I wish that it was true. In fact, I assumed that seniors would congregate more on Twitter or LinkedIn. The problem is that at the present time there are only approximately 15% of all seniors that try small business or entrepreneurship. My goal is to increase this number to 20 or 25 percent. The rest are chatting on Facebook with their family & friends or just reading all the social media material mostly on Facebook.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@KathrynLang Sure, you gotta take them by the hand, romance them, and take them on a journey to checkout... and you need to make sure you track important milestones on the way. I can go into the details later. Bill is the content guru and there are awesome teachers in the forum if you become a Student.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay If you go to my Facebook site you will see that I post more business related material than personal chatting. I hope that helps you.
Post 30 • IP   flag post
28302 38 30
destitute