BillBelew.com
marketing

Is it possible to engineer marketing?2396

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I have created enough websites from zero, and worked with enough clients at various stages ... that I have seen (and kept track of) enough results ... that I almost feel like I have figured some things out.

I know some numbers,some steps, some critical pieces to include ... I wonder out loud,can I say I have been able to engineer marketing?

I
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmmm... is the test (the trial and error, the analytics, more trial and error) that proves the model you will teach actually engineering the outcome? You can certainly say you can teach others how to engineer marketing.

I guess if Edison "engineered" the light bulb then you, Bill, can lay claim to "engineering" marketing.

Bravo!

[scene: classroom, 100 years in the future]

teacher: Yes, students, 100 years ago today, Internet Marketer Bill Belew is credited with engineering marketing.

student: Teacher, what's Internet?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone figured out how to engineer building construction? Been happening for thousands of years. ref. Millennium Tower, San Francisco CA.

Has anyone figured out how to engineer building dams? Again being built for thousands of years. Ref. Oroville Dam, Oroville, CA

Has anyone figured out how to engineer building bridges? Again built for thousands of years. ref. I-35W bridge, Minnneapolis, MN

We simply do our best and repeat and get better at it.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
Well - since marketing has always been about creating lasting connections and then focusing on being relentlessly helpful - I am interested to learn what you have "engineered"
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@KathrynLang

I wonder if it is more important for you to understand what you have engineered and, in sharing that with others, lay the foundations for your next engineering project?

I tend to think it always comes back to you (each of us) and we spend too much time thinking about them.

The axiom, "I'm not who I think I am. I'm not who you think I am. I am who I think you think I am!" may apply here.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@KathrynLang

Hmm... gotcha.

I know a secret, not the secret to marketing ... and that's repetition. Of course, a follow up question is how much repetition?

I think I have learned something there as well.

Now ... I need to figure out where best to present those learnings ...think think .. .POP! OUch!

Post 6 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
That made me giggle
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Iamstevenb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
I have created enough websites from zero, and worked with enough clients at various stages ... that I have seen (and kept track of) enough results ... that I almost feel like I have figured some things out.

I know some numbers,some steps, some critical pieces to include ... I wonder out loud,can I say I have been able to engineer marketing?

I

If you have developed and documented a repeatable process that gives you the results you intend, then yes.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
27497 8 8
destitute