BillBelew.com
FacebookSocial Media

What Facebook Fatigue Looks Like2404

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Have you ever seen what Facebook fatigue looks like?

This client decided to launch a product, then weekly beg, borrow or steal his friends from Facebook and have them come check him out.

The result?

Post 1 • IP   flag post
After that experience ... they switched to a long term organic growth strategy.

The results?

Post 2 • IP   flag post
DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user

Bill: I hope this screenshot from my Google Analytics is clear enough to see if you click it. I decided to "test" the 'Steady Blogging Theory' on my own. In essence, I began one blog post each day starting last week on my blog. I don't want to post a link to it for fear I may be seen as self-promoting. But in any case, see where on March 17th I was into maybe one or two blog posts (each around 400 or 500 words)....I posted one each day right up until today March 24th.On the 17th I had 253 sessions. Today I am up to 720 sessions (probably more but today hasn't registered yet)- so I think the "SBT' works....
Post 3 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew There is only so much begging and bribing you can do to get your friends and family to help you.

If you don't have what people are looking for you are not going to get great results.

Well done @DansCartoons They are impressive results.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Susan: Mind you, after I looked at these analytics with a clear mind, it's plain to see that a single blog post once a day will increase your "sessions" or visits....and I won't go writing any unnecessary 1200 word posts.....because I don't consider myself an authority....and even if I was, I wouldn't want to be (HaHa). All week's worth of posts are about 400 to 500 words and I will continue on with this to be certain the increase continues....which I am sure it will.

Of course, I have followed the other requirements of incorporating appropriate H1 and H2 tags plus use hypertext specific keywords in each post to other appropriate pages within the same site. Also, incorporating graphics into each post is a big plus. I appreciate the things I have learned....it is cool seeing results pay off. BTW, I use WordPress and I have a web host that also includes WP updates and assistance as part of it's hosting package. They are very frugal in how they allow me access to my own plugins or even allow me to use certain plugins that are vulnerable to hacking.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Need to define Facebook fatigue.
Long term organic growth strategy using Facebook?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Anytime I have heard someone using Facebook for self-promotion, they never say how much they invest. Probably because they don't buy the ads. Neither do I....because I don't want to put my CC# into a system and get continually charged (or overcharged at the worst end of things) only to see negative results. Most of these promotional ad plans are so opaque, you go into them blindly....hoping for some grand result. From last several days of employing a SBT, I have also noticed a gradual increase in my Adsense earnings....especially from yesterday and the day prior was not that bad either
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Iamstevenb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DansCartoons
. . .

Of course, I have followed the other requirements of incorporating appropriate H1 and H2 tags plus use hypertext specific keywords in each post to other appropriate pages within the same site. Also, incorporating graphics into each post is a big plus. I appreciate the things I have learned....it is cool seeing results pay off. . . .

My writing is okay. I still have difficulty with graphics. I started to use Canva to help me improve.

I have been taking notes on how to do everything. Practice, by doing, will help.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook rocks.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Whatever works ... rocks.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
I don'
t believe in buying Facebook ads though...I think the term "organic" applies!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and even Pinterest are forms of social media. The most effect way to utilize social situations of any kind is to be social first.

The more I am social - the more I engage - the more I make way for marketing opportunities.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
How do you define 'Social Media?'

My definition is a medium for being social.

That being said ... what is your preferred online medium for being social?
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Iamstevenb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
How do you define 'Social Media?'

My definition is a medium for being social.

That being said ... what is your preferred online medium for being social?

I need to remember that. I am very combative. I use Facebook as one more place to fight the good fight.

I think I will integrate things two of you have said. Social media is a place to be social. I need to find ways to be helpful.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
27513 14 14
destitute