BillBelew.com
Brainstorming

How do you define success?2411

Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
I hosted a conference last week - although in the midst of the goings on we determined it was a "reconference" (part conference part retreat). I had two people tell me before it was over that the event changed their lives. My own life was deeply impacted.

And then I had someone ask me if it was a success. I knew what he was trying to get me to say - because I know him. So I explained to him that it really came down to how you define success.

And that is the way it is in all aspects of life. If you don't take a moment and determine what success means to you - what it looks like and feels like - then the world will make a point of defining it for you.

So, how do you define success?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@KathrynLang This is a good point.

Too many define success in how rich they are or how many material possessions they have.

These are not the things people are going to remember us by when we are gone.

Real success is achieved when we tap into something much deeper than ourselves and make a true connection with others.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member Kjc69 private msg quote post Address this user
I define success by getting up each day and being part of my family's life.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay Success in a nut shell is having the total freedom to choose whatever you want to do with your life 24/7.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@KathrynLang

Success is when my students or clients EXCEED expectations.

If we only accomplish what they hoped for, then we met their expectations.

Reaching above and beyond those self imposed limitations...that's success.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
Real success is achieved when we tap into something much deeper than ourselves and make a true connection with others.

Absolutely!

Success is a journey, not a destination.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
And success will not be the same for you and me
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@KathrynLang

I give my answer to success at 3:46 in this YT.

Post 8 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynLang
My own life was deeply impacted.

Tell us ... me ... more. I am interested.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Belew

It was amazing - not just the speakers and presenters, but the engagement with others.

I was reminded that if I'm now where I want to be then there is something in me holding me back. I have to push that out of the way and then I can get in a position to reach my defined success.

I was taught that my product has as story and it is up to me to craft and share that story and that is what will get the attention of others.

And I was challenged to find someone I can help - not someone that can hire me or that can do for me but just someone I can help.

We laughed - we cried - it was AMAZING!
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@KathrynLang

Sounds pretty ooey, gooey ... fluffy ... and deep, fun, and uplifting, too.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynLang
I was reminded that if I'm now where I want to be then there is something in me holding me back. I have to push that out of the way and then I can get in a position to reach my defined success.

@KathrynLang I'm interested by your statement above.

When things don't turn out as we would like, we have to look at ourselves to find out what we are doing. Sometimes it can be difficult because at a subconscious level we may be undermining all our efforts without realizing it.

Thank you for sharing
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
A mentor of mine talks about people who want to want it, but don't really want it. They let comfort get in the way of burning desire. Sometimes (most times!) doing what needs to be done is hard. Sometimes it's really hard. Really really really hard!

Those who really want it might not notice that -- or seem not to, from the outside, anyway. They just move on through and get the task(s) done. And then they rinse and repeat.

@SusanDay, you make a great point. The subconscious is a powerful ally or a dreadful opponent. We need to learn how to work with it because we can never win against it. The power of the subconscious is there whether you think it is or not. It isn't a matter of belief. It's like gravity. You can have great faith and believe that gravity is a myth. Good for you. Don't go stepping off of any tall buildings!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
29624 13 13
destitute