BillBelew.com
Content CreationGenerate Content Ideas

How much content clutter is there?2425

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
More than 300,000 books are released every year by traditional U.S. publishers.

More than 1 million books are released by nontraditional ones.

Television networks now include more than 900 channels, up from barely a dozen forty years ago.

Nearly one million musicians release songs every year.

Digital content - every minute

72 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube,

3 million pieces of content shared by Facebook users

230,000 new photos posted on Instagram—

every minute!.

3 new websites are built every second.

Most sobering statistic: five exabytes (or 5 billion billion bytes) of data could store all the words ever spoken by humans between the birth of the world and 2003. In 2011, five exabytes of content were created every two days.

From The Content Trap

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member rufus222 private msg quote post Address this user
It is the era of 'big data'. In relation to this. How do you organize all of the WordPress posts you generate in a way you can keep track of the posts. 2-4 a day seems like it becomes a disorganized mess quickly.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly the total quality has remained pretty much the same - it is just divided amongst a lot more stuff!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
My first computer didn't have a hard drive. My second computer was ordered with a 20 megabyte (MB) drive. When I took delivery it had a 30 MB drive because progress in drive size had occurred during the interval. That was in 1989.

Sometime in the early 90s I purchased my first "big" hard drive. It was 320 MB and cost about $350 -- about $1 per MB. When I bought my first 1 gigabyte (GB) drive it cost about 25¢ per MB ($250). My first terabyte (TB) drive cost just over $100 or about .01 cents (1/100th of a cent) per MB. My last 3 TB drive cost a little less than .0003 cents (3/10,000 of a cent) per MB.

I currently have 10 TB of drive space on my desktop. Essentially, per MB, it was free.

And it keeps getting filled up!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev

Great story of how long you have been around.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Starting to feel like "forever"!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
29149 6 6
destitute