BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official Introduce Yourself Thread #52437

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
This is fun. The first and second and 3rd threads Introduce Yourself Thread filled up!

So, let's do it once again.

Please introduce yourself in this thread. Feel free to get creative, but if you need help overcoming writer's block use this template:

Name:

Interesting fact about yourself:

Hoping to get out of this forum:

Take a moment to add your social network links in your profile, too!

Welcome!

You can meet others:

1. Introduction Thread
2. Introduction Thread # 2
3. Introduction Thread # 3
4. Introduction Thread #4

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
Philip Watling
Milton Keynes, England
I died in 1994
Networking
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member Charlene private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone!

I'm Charlene Burke, currently residing in southern Indiana near Louisville, KY (in town not far away but so small it rarely appears on maps and you will get lost if you try to use GPS - though Google knows my address)

I was brought here through the word wizardry of TheRev (Steve)

Some interesting facts:

I co-authored a self-published science fiction book that won a local award and entry to a weekend writer's conference at Hope College in Holland, MI...when I was 11 years old.

I don't have a hometown, was a military kid for a while then a big box retailer's kid - so...4 grade schools, 4 high schools, 4 colleges.

At the age of 45, I learned how to speak to people in social settings, first 1:1 then in small groups, then in front of groups, then speaking from the stage and via webinar, and now in live streaming. And now I am growing a community The GROW Alliance that includes a closed Facebook Group, live events, monthly virtual meetups, and eventually a platform that houses a live streaming network.

What I hope to get out of this forum is current information about tools being used, how search engines are changing and how to keep up, connections with interesting people.

My guiding principle in business and life: Knowledge and Education are the foundation to freedom. You must know before you can take action and grow.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/charleneburke
FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGROWAlliance/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/CharleneBurke
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoAdRFA1ylOP4Fok39McPEA
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member RGood private msg quote post Address this user
Roger Good
Delray Beach, Florida
I may still be a puppy, but I can type.
On a mission to fetch SEO help.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Charlene

Great to see you here!

@RGood

Welcome!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Rev Thank you! It's very nice to meet you.

I was snooping around your site, hope you don't mind. If you have any clues for me or if you can point me in a direction I'm all ears!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@RGood I posted about an SEO presentation in this thread:

http://forum.billbelew.com/topic/2436/very-frustrating/
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Rev Thank you for the lead. I can relate to "very-frustrating"… I think I need to find someone that can take a clear, educated and objective look at our site in order to get it moving. But I'm starting to feel like Toto, searching for the Wizard of Oz.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member Rachelbennett private msg quote post Address this user
Hi I am Rachel.
I am currently a third year student at the University of Chester UK, studying business management. I am looking to network and possibly gain some experience through voluntary work. I am really interested in HR and any helpful hints and tips anyone is offering.
Follow me on twitter: @rachelclareben1
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Rachelbennett

Glad you are here Rachel. What brings you to our content marketing forum?

Just the networking?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member Rachelbennett private msg quote post Address this user
I am currently completing my final assignments for uni, one of which is a marketing communications plan for a small local business.
@belew
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Rachelbennett

Got it ... ask questions, get answers.

If you have really hard questions ... well, we can answer them as well.

Post 12 • IP   flag post
@RGood

Roger, I'm known by many online as the WordPress Wizard and I currently live in Kansas, if that helps. And yes, I do website reviews and evaluations. Feel free to contact me by PM (private message) -- click the envelope beside my handle above.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Member philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
Don't look at me to answer hard questions - or even easy ones, maybe! I will follow you on Twitter though, Rachel
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Rachelbennett Hi Rachel. It's great to meet up with you. There are a lot of experts here who love sharing their experience, and learning from yours.

What sparked your interest in HR?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@Charlene Sounds like you have seen a lot of what the world has to offer. It's great to meet you.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@RGood It's great to meet you. You're in the right place to learn loads of interesting things. Just ask away!
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
@Charlene Sounds like you have seen a lot of what the world has to offer. It's great to meet you.
Great to meet you Susan - looking forward to getting to know you.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@Charlene Me too! I traveled the world twice before I was 7. I know what it feels like not to have a home town, but the memories and experiences were life changing.

What are you hoping to get out of the forum?
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Quote:
@RGood It's great to meet you. You're in the right place to learn loads of interesting things. Just ask away!

Hi Susan, It's very nice to meet you. I'm the official spokespuppy for a company ran by two designers, and I'm on a mission to get them some help to increase website traffic. They have gotten reports in the past, but they're not able to understand them well enough to be able to implement the changes needed. I'm looking for someone that can guide them in order to, at least, get the basics done properly. They are wearing too many hats and the SEO hat doesn't seem to fit them.

Since I'm just a puppy, I'm a little lost. I'm not sure who I'm looking for. But I was hoping someone here could guide me in the right direction.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Quote:
@Charlene Me too! I traveled the world twice before I was 7. I know what it feels like not to have a home town, but the memories and experiences were life changing.

What are you hoping to get out of the forum?

Ah, a fellow Nomad

I hope to connect with fellow content creators to learn from and share with ideas, tools, and experiences. Eventually, once relationships are forged, I hope to collaborate on projects or joint venture on programs and launches. Generally, though, just looking for a place to land where the people are friendly, the content is interesting, the jokes at least attempt to be funny, and the advice and experiences shared are real and informative.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@RGood Well you're in the right place, that's for sure. I have trained lots of dogs in my career as a canine behaviorist now I train bloggers. Post a question in a new thread and let's get you started.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
@Charlene

Did someone say joke?

Post 23 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@Charlene

Did someone say joke?

HeeHee - well, at least this one made me giggle
Post 24 • IP   flag post
@Charlene

You're a tough crowd.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
@Charlene

Try again.

Post 26 • IP   flag post
Quote:
@Charlene

Try again.

Ah - the effect of not having a content calendar...or in my case, a VA that is on vacation. Good one
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@Charlene @SusanDay

Which countries have you 2 nomads been to?
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Quote:
@Charlene @SusanDay

Which countries have you 2 nomads been to?

Hmm...I lived in Spain - attended preschool into 2nd grade there. Then during my teen years I spent time visiting in Germany, Switzerland, France, Canada, and Austria. I've visited almost all of the states in the USA except for Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, and South Dakota.

Oh...and here's one for you:

Post 29 • IP   flag post
@Charlene Not Australia?!! You're definitely missing out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene
Quote:
@Charlene @SusanDay

Love this... lol

Post 30 • IP   flag post
29764 276 30
destitute