BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official Introduce Yourself Thread #52437

Member cr8tiv1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
@cr8tiv1 Hey, great to meet you.

We are all very creative here in our own ways. What's your speciality?

Hi Susan, my areas of specialty are Real Estate Marketin/Branding and Process Improvement. And You?
Post 101 IP   flag post
@Belew Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@cr8tiv1

What is it that you think you could do online that would make ppl want to give you money?

Belew, thanks for the message. Trying to figure out what the most ethical way is to get money while providing high value in my area of expertise.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@cr8tiv1

Why would there be an ethical challenge in your area of expertise?
Post 103 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@cr8tiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr8tiv1
Trying to figure out what the most ethical way is to get money while providing high value in my area of expertise.

Hmmm... I think "get(ting) money while providing high value in (one's) area of expertise" is the definition of "ethical". I'm suspecting you won't have any trouble in that regard.

I think your hesitation, if any, may be rooted in something else. Going from paycheck (you get paid each week as long as you mostly show up), to having to ask to get paid, puts a different responsibility on it. Not bad or unethical, just different.

You'll get past that and, as long as you keep the high value thing going, you'll have no problem with the doing or the rationalization.
Post 104 IP   flag post
@Belew @Rev

Knowing what you're worth in a sea of talented (and often discounted solutons) is hard to figure out.

Agreed on having to ask to get paid. I do have loyal clients but I feel I could be charging more (fear: what if the leave)
Post 105 IP   flag post

@cr8tiv1

Bigger fear ... what if they stay? and they're too cheap and time intensive to keep?
Post 106 IP   flag post
LOL, agreed @Belew. Intresting point of view - I like it.
Post 107 IP   flag post
@cr8tiv1

Decide what you think you are worth. Charge that or walk away.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Member ninahunt private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I am a newby who is looking forward to learning and helping where I can.
Post 109 IP   flag post
@ninahunt

Welcome. Glad to have you with us. Dig into the forum and you will see what's been going on.

WordPress Wednesday and Wednesday Webbies are two live presentations happening today. Look for them in forum threads.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Member BMBDTORONTO private msg quote post Address this user
Hi my name is Michael I specialize in stamped concrete restoration.i joined this forum in the hope to learn different ways of marketing my business.
Post 111 IP   flag post
@BMBDTORONTO

You are in the right place.

What is stamped concrete restoration?
Post 112 IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@BMBDTORONTO That sounds fascinating. Welcome!
Post 113 IP   flag post
@ninahunt It's great to meet you. I'm looking forward to sharing your journey
Post 114 IP   flag post
Member morningstar private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all, I'm so honored to be here. My name is Ayelet --
interesting things about me -- I saw in the thread that this is a group of travelers so I've been to ~20 countries (Australia, China, Belarus, Norway, Netherlands, UK, Ireland, Thailand ... there are a few more, need to leave something for future discussion )
I have worked at various jobs from EMT, school teacher, bartender, PR for Cartoon Network, GameProducer, electrical technical engineer and today I have decided to start my own business.
https://ayelethalamish.com/

'Succeeding in a Man's World without Being a Bitch'

I hope to improve communication in the workplace by teaching the culture shock we suffer when working with the opposite gender.

I was invited to the forum so I guess life wants me to be here, I am always happy to help and hope that I will figure out what I am meant to give and get from this forum all in good time.

Pleasure to e-meet you all.
Post 115 IP   flag post
@morningstar

Welcome! We could all do with lessons on how to get along better.

Where is the best place to start to get along?
Post 116 IP   flag post
@Belew
Thank you for having me here So, I think the best place usually starts with remembering our own worth and not place so much of our power in others. After that, it's just awareness.
We may speak the same language, work in the same companies but out approach, thought process, and communication style is completely different. I could go on but to keep it short I'll just give you one of my favorite quotes from G.I. Joe

"Knowledge is power, and knowing is half the battle"
Post 117 IP   flag post
@morningstar

Is that G I Joe who said that or G I Jane? 8-)

Could you clarify what you mean by not placing our worth in others?

Not sure I get your meaning... but then I am a guy 8-( and we do think differently, don't we?
Post 118 IP   flag post
@Belew

GI Joe - although GI Jane may have written the script for him

Well I went into a 4 part blog about this idea which starts with: See my bio to read.

The idea being that often I found that we place so much value on what others think of us, so that if a boss is disappointed than we take it to mean we are a disappointment if a friend cuts you off and completely counters your point in a conversation with others we get hurt and feel the need to prove ourselves and until we can get them to agree with our point of view then we are not worthy or for men hierarchy wise may feel one down.
Post 119 IP   flag post
@morningstar Hi it's great to meet you. I really appreciate what you're doing. I think it is important for women to learn how to do well and keep their respect and integrity. I am looking forward to learning more about your journey.
Post 120 IP   flag post
@SusanDay It's fantastic to meet you as well. I am looking to help men and women, can't change the conversation or even have a conversation with only one side.

I'm sure there is probably I a lot I can learn from you and your experiences. Do you have any stories of misunderstanding while working with men?
Post 121 IP   flag post
@morningstar

I often talk to myself and don't understand what I am thinking or saying. Does that count?
Post 122 IP   flag post
@morningstar Do I! But I've been around a lot longer than you. Thank goodness so much has changed.
Post 123 IP   flag post
@morningstar love your site too by the way I've just shared it
Post 124 IP   flag post
@Belew

I think that is a whole other level of expertise

Sure, I think there might be great value in trying to create a sort of Travel Language Guide to the various dueling voices running around in your head.

Sort sound like the morning meetings I have with myself in my head, I am sure I appear as a crazy person to any on-lookers -- the side effects of working alone I suppose -- good thing my cat hasn't completely given up on me yet.
Post 125 IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Thank you so much for sharing my site -- that means a lot to me. I would love to hear your stories, let me if and when you are ready to share.

By the way where in Australia are you? My brother lives in Melbourne and I really enjoyed my time there. I toyed with the idea of moving there myself.
Post 126 IP   flag post
@morningstar I live 2 hours north of Melbourne in between Ballarat and Bendigo in a little town called Dunolly.

You should definitely move here. I'm beginning to think we are the sanest people on the planet ... for a bunch of crazies!

We should chat more. I'll PM you my details
Post 127 IP   flag post
@morningstar

I agree fully with you about not putting your worth, or value, into the hands of others. It applies to both sexes!

There is a quote I reference often, attributed to Thomas Cooley from his looking glass self concept, "I am not who you think I am; I am not who I think I am; I am who I think you think I am."

It speaks to being seduced by what we think other people think about us, which is defacto putting our worth in the hands of others. We all do it, or have done it, at one time or another.

It takes strength to find our own inner angels and rise above all that.

I look forward to chatting with you in the forum from time to time.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Member EmilyB private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I have arrived here from twitter and I am currently writing my first fantasy novel. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and contributing to the forum. Thank you
Emily
Post 129 IP   flag post
@EmilyB

Hi Emily,

What is your novel about? Sounds exciting, I can't wait to hear more about it.
Post 130 IP   flag post
30335 308 30
destitute