BillBelew.com
BloggingSEOWordPress

Blog: WordPress vs. Joomla2443

Alessio private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

As regards blogs, I think that joomla is also a good solution. It may be a little more difficult to use at the beginning for wordpress users, but it allows to have more than a blog for each website. So it is possible to organize your news in separate blogs even if you don't want to have different websites. SEO is also effective on joomla as it is on WordPress.

What do you think about it? Do you have experience in joomla blogs?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Alessio

Great question.

I haven't used Joomla firsthand, but everyone of my clients who have, regretted it so much they asked me to move them to WordPress.

I am sure others will have a different experience.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Alessio

I used Joomla before I found WordPress. At that time, Joomla, Drupal, and WordPress each represented about 5% of the content management system marketplace. Then I discovered WordPress. Apparently so did a lot of other people.

Today, WordPress represents about 60% of the CMS market. Joomla is about 7%, and Drupal is about 5%. Most of the remaining market is divided up between the next hundred or so players. From an acceptance point of view, WordPress is the undisputed leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
but it allows to have more than a blog for each website.

I'm not sure when you last looked at WordPress but it is (and has been for several years) a full, feature-rich, website platform. Each of these top three CMS products has a passionate following, most of whom think their choice is the "best".

The fact is, you won't likely go wrong choosing any one of them as long as the package delivers what you need. The biggest single advantage of choosing WordPress stems from the much larger development community and installed user base making for significantly more choice in plugins, themes, and support.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
If you are the only person who will be working on your site and you know what you are doing, it wont matter much what you use.

If you want to play with others, WordPress.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Thank you @Belew @Rev

As regards plugin choice, WordPress is certainly better. I use WordPress more than Joomla, but there are still some request from customers for Joomla. Of course WordPress is better for support and is more used than Joomla.

Best
Post 5 • IP   flag post
ConsciousPrfection private msg quote post Address this user
I know you didn't ask about Drupal: but I used to be a hardcore Drupal user. I'm totally into flexibility. Swore by the thing. I suffered through the early days thinking that it would get easier to use, and it did for a while. I even helped write some of the early instructional material. Boy, did they take a wrong turn. Drupal got more and more complex and now it's like foreign to me. I regret ever doing a project on it. I think their model is a bate and switch to be honest. I think after becoming popular they moved to a developer friendly model to create a business for themselves.

Just my 2cents.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Thanks @ConsciousPrfection
You are right. Flexibility is important for web projects. As regards Drupal, I used it too in the past.
Best
Post 7 • IP   flag post
GELTMAN private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsciousPrfection
I know you didn't ask about Drupal: but I used to be a hardcore Drupal user. I'm totally into flexibility. Swore by the thing. I suffered through the early days thinking that it would get easier to use, and it did for a while. I even helped write some of the early instructional material. Boy, did they take a wrong turn. Drupal got more and more complex and now it's like foreign to me. I regret ever doing a project on it. I think their model is a bate and switch to be honest. I think after becoming popular they moved to a developer friendly model to create a business for themselves.

Just my 2cents.

"bait" [sorry]
Post 8 • IP   flag post
26130 8 8
destitute