BillBelew.com
Feedback

How to write a review?2445

tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Do you ever feel compelled to write a review on the products you have bought especially books?

Are there particular guidelines on the structure to follow? So that it can help me to focus. Because I realize that I tend to jump around. Sometimes, I can express it well. Sometimes, people don't get it.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Happytweeting private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Tienny for asking this question, I have the same problem.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Fizzymidas private msg quote post Address this user
I feel it shouldn't be so difficult. And it depends on who you're writing for. If the review was requested, chances are high they would provide you with a format to follow and even a sample to guide you. But if you are compelled to write one as you've said, then Google a sample review on that same book or product.

The more reviews you write, the better you would get.

Hope this helps.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Happytweeting @tienny I have written hundreds of reviews, and I add them frequently to my blogs.

@Fizzymidas is right - it depends who your audience is and it is a great idea to see examples.

I believe that to give a quality review start write at least 250 words and be honest. Think about what you would want to know before you bought a particular book or product. If a book doesn't really interest me, I don't give it a bad review. It may be of interest to someone else. I usually say, "romance lovers, you are going to love this book." - something like that.

If it is a negative review you need to be frank, but fair, too. The internet is a very big place, but I always find I keep bumping into the same people and you don't want to cross someone you may need later on.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say:

Basic idea of the book (no spoilers unless you give a warning)
What you thought of the book
Why you would recommend the book

Does that help?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Ive reviewed thousands of books and software products... there isn't a set formulae... i used to do it simply by telling people what the book synopsis says the book is about... and then i would share my opinion as to wither it delivered on its promise.

When i used to review... most of the larger companies also gave out reviewer guides... so that you could quickly get to the meat...
Post 6 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@HappyTweeting Hope others' answers help you too.

@Fizzymidas I feel compelled to write the review myself.

@SusanDay Usually, if it is good and great then I will write the review.

@KathrynLang The questions you give helps a lot.

@Steve Thanks for the tips.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
This is something that I need start doing.
Hope I will find right form.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
26130 8 8
destitute