BillBelew.com
FacebookSocial Media

Facebook Engagement and Growth2446

Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
What is the best method or tactic you have used to ORGANICALLY grow your FB audience, reach, Likes, and Shares?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
Set aside time each week- either daily or every few days- and interact. Be intentional about making time for social media and then make that time productive.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
I certainly do that. Interested in building our follower base. Lots of sales conversions through FB paid channels- it would be nice to get something we didn't have to pay for.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@lunar_ranger

If you actively grow your Twitter account, you can DM new followers to meet you in FB. @Steve has mastered this.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I remember Steve mentioning this in his Twitter training. I must have forgotten- the DM's I set up are leading people to our site. So we're getting some love there... It would be more effective building our FB base. Thanks, @Belew for the reminder.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Anything you have used to automate the process? I use a free version of Crowdfire and I am considering automating our content delivery with Buffer... once I can convince my boss to spring for it. He sees these big guys with tons of follows and following very few.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

The DMs are effective if you have a clear invite and something worth inviting ppl to.

January Twitter Results for Me
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

I use CrowdFireApp .. $19/month version because I manage accounts for others. Don't tell them, that they are paying for it. 8-)
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Do you use any integration tools such as Zapier to auto-post cross platform... or do you take a more tailored approach?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member Fizzymidas private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm, you guys are speaking in digital marketing Greek☺😀😂
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Fizzymidas

Sometimes people over-think things and/or get into the nitty-gritty of "it doesn't matter". The tools and services they are talking about relate to automating posting to social media.

This is not important until you actually have something to automate. Getting the basics down first is the way to go.

Do make note of these tools, however -- you're keeping a journal, either digital or paper, for this stuff, right? -- because there will be a day (soon if you learn from others here) where you will want to invest the time to research them and see which best apply to you.

For now, spend the time you might use researching now to get more posts scheduled.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still using Buffer. But I've been hired to write an article about a new app. I will probably trial it as part of my research. : )
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Fizzymidas @Rev Keeping it simple is usually the best course of action, social automation... while it sounds technical- serves the basic purpose of being able to get more done in less time and some of us are kinda lazy >>me<<.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
I agree with @Fizzymidas . 1st you need something to automate.

It doesn't do much good to be able to ask people to automatically come anywhere if anywhere ain't nowhere.

And you can't automate what you got if you don't got anything to automate.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
I automate too much, but I have little time for Facebook and find it draining. I prefer to build and network on Twitter. There's more people there wanting to do business than whinge about their life or share recipes.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook is an amazing animal... it's the largest social media channel and almost everyone seems to use it... from a marketing perspective you have to be on Facebook for that reason alone.

My company page on Facebook grows organically each week by thirty to one hundred plus new people... the reach of automated posts isn't great, but as it's automated it's not costing anything.

ie... I post around twelve automated posts per day... and these will attract, between 10 and 100 views each... if you post the odd meme you'll generate hundreds more views simply because people want to view images and get instant gratification.

My strategy is simple...

Grow my Twitter following.
Push people from Twitter to my Website with content.
New followers on Twitter are asked to follow me on FB
Content posted on FB drives people to my Website but I also generate contact directly now.
LinkedIn continues to grow by itself.
Content posted on LinkedIn directs people to my Website

My Website asks people to signup to my newsletter.
My newsletter is published weekly and pushes people back to my website...

My website includes Calls to Actions ... etc...

Hope you get the idea ... be everywhere your audience is... push your content and get your audience to engage... simple isn't it?
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Member KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
Two essential tools for growing your social media:

1. create lasting connections with people

2. Focus on being relentlessly helpful
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@KathrynLang creating content that meets the needs of your audience achieves this...
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Student jmolan private msg quote post Address this user
This thread has my attention. I have a following of fans, I correspond to the questions and be personable. Many comments anticipating the book to come. Building a platform is what I did in FB before I ever heard the term.
Building a website/email list has been my top priority now. Writing a novel and launching the web site.
What am I missing?
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Steve Preach! Love it when you have something to say!
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Member LizG private msg quote post Address this user
When I worked for a cosmetic manufacturer, part of my job was to increase our Facebook following. The day I started they had 67 fans, and one year later they had just over 20k - without paid advertising. I did a combination of things.

)) Weekly giveaway, always on the same day and same time. This gave people a reason to always check the Facebook page, no algorithm needed to show my post. However, the high engagement helped all the page posts be seen more.

2) Giveaways with other pages. I had an email list with 300 smaller retailers, I emailed them all asking if they wanted to do a giveaway sponsored by us. Many of them leapt at the idea, I then scheduled them out equally throughout the year. We did a few where we gave away 100 dollars worth of product and gained 2,000 fans. They increased our orders with the smaller retailers as well.

3) Weekly recipe post. I had a "girls night in" theme and we'd brand the images so when they were shared, the website URL was on the recipe pic. If it was an avocado mask, I'd tag Hass avocados and often times they would reciprocate the favor. I'd often add "check out our weekly giveaway!" to the image so that if Hass shared our post, their fans would like our page and come back for the giveaway.

4) Cross post with influencers. I'd find good complimentary pages and send them a message. For example, I emailed a beauty page with 900k fans. Asked her if I could create a face care beauty tips PDF and co-brand it for both our audiences. The day she shared it, we had 750 new Facebook likes.

5) Thanked all our new followers. Every week I'd create a post just to thank everyone who liked the page that week. People LOVED it, it would get at minimum 100 likes and 30 comments.

6) Behind the scenes photos. Each week I'd post how something was made with pictures. Also wildly popular, lots of comments about how it looked just like food, or they couldn't believe how big the kettles were, etc.

And that's really it, I'd Cross post some things on Pinterest and YouTube. I used the cover photo and an arrow to get more people to sign up for the email list. And I had fun , and tried to make sure the fans had fun.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@LizG You are awesome! I love the creative way you connected with the fans and supported the industry. Thank you for sharing.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Member EddieGarrison private msg quote post Address this user
Followers are just vanity numbers, though I understand why some brands/people understand they think they need them to be considered "successful" on [insert Social Media outlet here].

The real advantage to Social Media and growing your brand via this medium is the engagement. Meaning the direct connections, conversations, DM's, replies, etc. your brand and your target audience have.

Focus on your posts creating one of these emotions in all of your content:

Enrich
Educate
Entertain

No one wants to be sold all the time. That's the quickest way to lose those vanity numbers brand's seem to hold so close to their digital hearts. You can wrap content back to your brand, however anything overly "salesy" will not get you the engagement and overall growth, especially organic growth you are seeking.

Begin your automated posts at the times most are on Social Media:

12:00 - 1:00 (Lunchtime)
3:00 - 5:00 (Bored at work time & quitting time)

These times of course differ from industry to industry as well as what and where your target audience is on Social Media. However, these are good baseline times to begin posting your content.

I would also suggest posting these numbers of times per Social Media platform:

Facebook - 2 Times per Day
Instagram - 2 or 3 Times per Day
Twitter - 6 to 8 Times per Day
LinkedIn - 2 Times per Day
YouTube - 1 Video per Week
Blog - 1 Post per Week
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGarrison
I would also suggest posting these numbers of times per Social Media platform:

How did you come to these frequencies?

Wouldn't time of day also depend on time zone?
Post 24 • IP   flag post
Member EddieGarrison private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew

How did you come to these frequencies?

Wouldn't time of day also depend on time zone?

Working with the brands that I do and have, we have found these frequencies to be best for reach and engagement. It doesn't clog up timelines, feeds, etc. All while still adding Enriching, Educational & Entertaining content to their target audiences.

Twitter obviously has more postings as the half life of a tweet is not long at all compared to the say Facebook.

Time of day does not depend on time zones for the most part. Those times are generic times to use as a baseline in any time zone. So if you live in California, post at 5:00 your time, not Eastern, etc.

Most of the brands we work with are geared toward local audience (for the most part), so time zones are irrelevant as we are posting in their time zone based on those, or similar times we have determined best works for their brand.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
It makes sense if you are targeting locally ...
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@EddieGarrison
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGarrison
Enrich
Educate
Entertain

Couldn't agree more! Only I also include Engage...

Post 27 • IP   flag post
@EddieGarrison Great advice! Thanks
Post 28 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
"Holy bat-thread, Alfred! Did you read this?" - Robin
Post 29 • IP   flag post
If we don't do business with friends and family, why would we want to do business on Facebook?
Post 30 • IP   flag post
28670 37 30
destitute