BillBelew.com

There are no stupid questions...2449

SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
If you are new to this forum, you'll soon learn there are no such thing as a stupid question.

I am the queen of stupid questions, even now after hanging around here for nearly 2 years! I know, 2 years!!

There is always so much to learn as you travel along your blogging, SEO'ing, marketing journey.

So, this is the thread for all those people - and, you know who you are - who want to ask a question, any question.

Oh, I'd keep to websites etc, any other questions about cooking, bathing your cat, how to renovate a 1974 caravan... they probably belong somewhere else :P

@RGood This is for you...
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Will you marry me? @SusanDay
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Charlene private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Susan - I'm a believer of ask questions...always. You can't know until you ask and you can't grow until you know. No questions at the moment, though. And, I'm out for the week ... traveling to Florida tomorrow then driving back to Indiana Monday and Tuesday...so time online will be very limited. Thank you for the warm welcome!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Charlene

My family lives in East Indiana ... Rising Sun.

I'll be in Fl in June ... and Indiana in Aug.

That's me you see in your rear view mirror.

Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Belew If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times....
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Charlene Drive safe!

I've just got back from a big trip myself (not, as big as yours but it is exhausting that's for sure).
Post 6 • IP   flag post
RGood private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanDay
@RGood This is for you...

I lost you there for a moment! But then I found you.
Thank you for the thread! I have tons of not-stupid-stupid questions!

What is wrong with this site? They have no idea what needs to be fixed first, nor how, nor who to go to… and they send out the puppy to figure this out… but let's leave that last one for another thread.

How would you increase traffic for this site? What are the essentials in terms of website optimization, on site opportunities, blogging and social recommendations, new ideas that haven't reached the ears of very short puppies.

If these are stupid-not-stupid questions or if I proved you wrong and there are stupid questions, please feel free to ignore, when you're under a foot tall, you're used to it.

Post 7 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
The question is not stupid - it just needs direction. Sometimes they are wording the question they are trying to ask in a way that doesn't get them the answer they need or really want.
Post 8 • IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynLang
The question is not stupid - it just needs direction. Sometimes they are wording the question they are trying to ask in a way that doesn't get them the answer they need or really want.

Would you by any chance know which direction that is?
Just point, I'm ready.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Always wondered Why Ice Is Slippery?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Steve More often than I'd like to admit to.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Themeissenman private msg quote post Address this user
Ice is slippery because you slip on it
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Charlene private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@Charlene

My family lives in East Indiana ... Rising Sun.

I'll be in Fl in June ... and Indiana in Aug.

That's me you see in your rear view mirror.

Rising Sun, heh? I used to shoot muzzleloaders in Friendship and during the 80s summer Saturdays were spent in Lawrenceburg for the sprint car races. Currently live in Georgetown, IN have lived in Indianapolis, New Washington, Jeffersonville and New Albany.

Turns out the flights were cancelled...again...and I may (or may not) be flying out tomorrow. So I'm here for now.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
KathrynLang private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGood
Would you by any chance know which direction that is?
Just point, I'm ready.

First thing I have learned is that the first question is not usually the question they are asking. They are asking the "safe" question.

So I ask questions back. Like "what is happening that makes you think something is wrong with the site?" or "what do you want to get from increasing your traffic?"

Sometimes they ask they question because they aren't sure WHAT to ask.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynLang
Sometimes they ask they question because they aren't sure WHAT to ask.

That was very perceptive of you!
Like I explained on the introduction thread, I'm just a puppy and I obviously need a clue. I'm trying to get help for the designers that put our site together because, like me, they're clueless.

I know that they lost traffic, that conversions are low and that the site may need optimization work. But I also know that they can't fix it from reports because they don't understand half of what the reports say. I'm searching for someone that can pinpoint the main problems and help them fix them.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Always wondered Why Ice Is Slippery?

It isn't the ice that is slippery, it's the thin film of water that melts between your boot and the ice that is slippery.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay There are no stupid questions, just stupid people who ask them
Post 17 • IP   flag post
"Stupid" is probably one of the most misused words bantered around easily, often trying to be cute, but to the detriment of oneself!

People often say, "I am too stupid to do this!" and quit when, in fact, they aren't stupid at all. HOwever, if you keep saying you are, either as an excuse or to be cute, you will certainly hold yourself back.

Let me pose an example that might make it clear that you are not stupid.

First, "stupid" is about intelligence. If you are on this forum you certainly have enough inttigence to understand and apply just about anything that has been shared here over the past year.

It isn't intelligence you lack; it is knowledge.

Most of you probably know who Albert Einstein was. If not, Google him. Einstein is often considered to be one of the greatest minds, the greatest intellects, to ever live. I think we can all agree on that or at least something close to it.

The thing is, YOU are more computer literate than Einstein ever was. It's not about intelligence (stupid) but about knowledge. Einstein simply never had desktop computers, laptops, tablets or smart phones.

By being on this forum you show you have more computer knowledge, and the ability to apply it, than Einstein. That doesn't make you smarter than Einstein but it does show you can do things he never did.

So next time you thing yourself "stupid" remember, you are more computer literate than Einstein and stop using "stupid" as an excuse.

Cute was fine when you were a kid, but you're all grown up now. And it really isn't cute at all anymore. It is holding you back. Perhaps you want to be held back because you have convinced your self you can't do it -- what ever "it" is to you.

Lose the "cute". Get on with it. Get it done.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@Rev Well said!

I read recently that our grandparents knew so little of what the average person knows now, they would be considered mentally slow or intellectually disabled.

Stupid is changing lanes in traffic and not looking.

Asking a question is the first step to becoming more brilliant and shows an inquiring, intelligent mind.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
"Stupid" is probably one of the most misused words bantered around easily, often trying to be cute, but to the detriment of oneself!

People often say, "I am too stupid to do this!" and quit when, in fact, they aren't stupid at all. HOwever, if you keep saying you are, either as an excuse or to be cute, you will certainly hold yourself back.

Let me pose an example that might make it clear that you are not stupid.

First, "stupid" is about intelligence. If you are on this forum you certainly have enough inttigence to understand and apply just about anything that has been shared here over the past year.

It isn't intelligence you lack; it is knowledge.

Most of you probably know who Albert Einstein was. If not, Google him. Einstein is often considered to be one of the greatest minds, the greatest intellects, to ever live. I think we can all agree on that or at least something close to it.

The thing is, YOU are more computer literate than Einstein ever was. It's not about intelligence (stupid) but about knowledge. Einstein simply never had desktop computers, laptops, tablets or smart phones.

By being on this forum you show you have more computer knowledge, and the ability to apply it, than Einstein. That doesn't make you smarter than Einstein but it does show you can do things he never did.

So next time you thing yourself "stupid" remember, you are more computer literate than Einstein and stop using "stupid" as an excuse.

Cute was fine when you were a kid, but you're all grown up now. And it really isn't cute at all anymore. It is holding you back. Perhaps you want to be held back because you have convinced your self you can't do it -- what ever "it" is to you.

Lose the "cute". Get on with it. Get it done.

Izvintye, Rev - ya glupi!
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipwatling
Izvintye, Rev - ya glupi!

Dakle, prijeći preko toga.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
27513 21 21
destitute