BillBelew.com

Navigating marketing in my 2nd language2454

JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
Hello guys and girls,
I am new and confused. I will stick to this forum and try to learn something from you.
New to bloggers world also. So, I need to learn a lot
Non-native English speaker, so please, don't laugh aloud.

Nice to meet you.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@JelenaBB

Glad you are here! Welcome!

What brings you here? What do you hope to learn?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Hi Belew,
I love to learn
I am addicted to the internet since 1999. Now, finally, I got my first site.
Probably, most using sentence "how to get more traffic" is what I need to know also. I hope that I could monetize my site one day.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@JelenaBB

Your English is as good as many native speakers. You won't have any problem communicating here!

And this is the place to learn how to generate more traffic -- especially organic traffic -- and to monetize your site. Do look at the pinned posts about the Student Classroom.

And Welcome!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Oh, thank you @Rev so much!
I will start reading right now
Post 5 • IP   flag post
philipwatling private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JelenaBB
Hello guys and girls,
I am new and confused. I will stick to this forum and try to learn something from you.
New to bloggers world also. So, I need to learn a lot
Non-native English speaker, so please, don't laugh aloud.

Nice to meet you.
Zdravo Jelena! I am new-ish, haven't got a clue and still wonder why I am still here. One day someone may say something to me that I understand
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Hahhahah @Philipwatling
For how long are you here?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Not long, @JelenaBB - probably a couple of months and, as I said, no clue as to why! BTW, @Rev was right: your English is as good as many native speakers. Way better than my Serbian :P
Post 8 • IP   flag post
ChuckNolan private msg quote post Address this user
@JelenaBB What is your location?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Seniorpreneur private msg quote post Address this user
@JelenaBB Hi Jelena! Are you in the 'honey' business? I went on your website to 'Like' a page. As you may or may not know many seniors when they finally transition from a long standing corporate job to a second or third act in retirement often experience anxiety and/or depression. Do you have any possible 'food' cures or ideas to get seniors moving again with the rest of their lives?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@ChuckNolan I'm from Serbia (not Siberia), East Europe.
@Seniorpreneur I just started my honey business, a couple month ago. I didn't write about "food cures for seniors", but it is a great idea! I think I will take that from you.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@JelenaBB I use ginger and lemon in a 'tea' for my bad throat. I add honey to sweeten it with the added bonuses of the antiseptic and antibacterial properties honey provides.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
I used too, but now I drink warm water with lemon and honey every morning. It is a great energy booster and helps my metabolism to work properly. ps. I do not like taste of ginger
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@JelenaBB I love ginger and it also has medicinal properties
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Just to discover my little secret for people that aren't English native speaker.
Most of the post I translate with Google translator ( he is much better than before) and then I use Grammarly.com to check grammar. For some post, I pay for grammar cheking. It is cheap here in Serbia. About 1$ per page.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@JelenaBB

You may have realized that search bots are also reading content in their 2nd language.

Those who have a high facility of using English as a 2nd language have an advantage over those who have 'mastered' English - native or otherwise.

The masters try too hard to impress and the simple bot cannot figure out what they are trying to say and consequently don't know what to display and for whom. <= this sentence is too long for a bot to make sense of.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@Belew first time that I was reading something in my advance. For me, writing in English really stress and take a lot of time. Probably, much more then native English person need.
But, when I started this adventure, I told myself.. "if you don't do anything with blogging and site, after all, you will learn English".
So, I can't lose
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@JelenaBB

Simple sentences will perform better in search than long complex ones.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
Simple sentences will perform better in search than long complex ones.

...and with people, too!
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Rev hahah, true!
Post 20 • IP   flag post
26130 20 20
destitute